PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 question, not really a problem.

NiQ-Toto
04-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Alright, i am brand new to mags and just played with my xmag for the first time today. Overall i love the thing, minus the fact that the trigger magnet for the HES backs out and messed up 3 of my games (rec play, dont really mind). Anyway, i was getting some chops with it, and it was making me mad cause the level 10 should have been set (supposedly by tunaman, i dunno about that though). So i was wondering, since i am so new to mags, 3 things.

1. Where can i send this xmag to have the level 10 set up like the one in the videos on airgun.com, or similar (preferably for cheap).

2. How can i do it myself, just to make it stop chopping. I tried reading the manual on the frontpage of automags.org and all that did was confuse me.

3. This ACE doesnt seem to be functioning, how can i get it working? I am fairly positive it works, just has to be set up correctly with that potentiometer.

Field FPS limit is 260, dont know if that matters, but it might. Tank output was 800PSI.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated,
-Nick

D-Block
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Well if you have the gold spring in there, you should try the silver or red which will make it easier on paint. You didn't mention any chuffing, so your level10 is probably tuned pretty well (especially coming from Tuna). So try the silver and red springs, can't help ya with your other questions.

NiQ-Toto
04-25-2005, 07:48 PM
What is chuffing? That noise that the bolt makes when it pinches? It only chopped a few balls a game, but that is still more then i would like it to. Also the silver spring is in there.

NiQ-Toto
04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Ok, i just thought of something. Right now there is a cut silver spring in there, if i put an uncut one in will it be easier on paint? If i switch out these springs will i have to retune everything?

Thanks again,
-Nick

temilotzin
04-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Ideally you want the largest carrier you can get without air leaking down the barrel and the longest spring that can still chrony at the speed you need. Make sure you put some lube down the power tube before you play also. The adjustment for the ACE on the x-mag is a small hole on the grip frame under the breech module. Use a small screwdriver to adjust the sensitivity, counterclockwise more sensitive clockwise less sensitive. It sounds like you need to adjust your sensitivity.

NiQ-Toto
04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok, i dont feel like taking the bolt apart right now, so im just going to try to set the ACE. Right now, I have no paint in the gun, and whenever i turn the potentiometer, no matter which way nor how much i turn it, the gun will shoot. The ACE setting is on 2. Im just wondering how i set this up so the gun wont fire without a paintball in the breech?

temilotzin
04-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I’m not sure what your lighting conditions are but if the eye gets too much light on it will sometimes get tricked into firing. Try to reproduce the lighting conditions you are likely to have during play. Work with the feed module in and the ACE 1 setting first.