PDA

View Full Version : How many of you own/regularly use an automag

Lohman446
04-26-2005, 05:37 PM
So... how many of you own an automag? Of those that do, do you still play with it regularly? The reason I ask is this, people have been getting annoying with whining when the discussion turns to something other than automags. I would love t discuss the next new thing from AGD... especially if it were selling incredibly, unfortunately reality has invaded that dream. If you don't want the people who don't own automags posting... fine. My thoughts on that, if only Automag users frequented this sight you would loose a lot of accumulated knowledge. Maybe I'm wrong, but the anti-anything but AGD as of late is getting annoying. And before you call this mindless droning, I have a DevilMag ordered... I feel I can state my opinion.

Creative Mayhem
04-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I own 5 automags and 1 AMP Illusion pumper. Needless to say I use the Mags more. :D

Eatem Alive
04-26-2005, 05:48 PM
i pretty much only use mine on our ao days

mandatory
04-26-2005, 05:48 PM
i sort of own a devilmag...i dont regularly play with it cause i havet gotten it yet. its the only gun i own..

Kevmaster
04-26-2005, 05:51 PM
I own three mags...have used one of em once in the last year

BobDoleIsMyHero
04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
The only markers I currently own are my 68 automag and my e-mag. I always bring both so I can loan out my classic to my friends who don't own paintball markers.

brikar
04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I had an A-5..great gun...but after shooting my brothers mag (2 weeks ago) I had to have one. Now its the only one I use. well except for a maverick pump, but thats just for grins.

Ghetto
04-26-2005, 06:06 PM
I owned 2 mags. Neither were used much. I just recently sold my ULE/xvalve. Classic still sits in the bottom of the bag.

Gumbe
04-26-2005, 06:08 PM
i own one kick *** mag..but it has seen some better looking days...it in need ofr a face lift

Codekevin0403
04-26-2005, 06:09 PM
yeah i have a mag, i guess it was nice, but i regularly use my 05 speed

punkncat
04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I have finally gotten an Emag. Recently sold my X valved mag, and it left sort of a vortex.....Mags and cockers are like boomerangs to me. I can get rid of one and another just flies into its place.

Never will get rid of "my wife's" classic. Too good a marker. Dependable and tough, accurate, and no matter how long it sits, it works right every time I get it out. Its not every marker you can just wash in the sink. :D

Doobie
04-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Own:
Devil Mag
X-mag
Mech Mag
Probably enough parts laying around to build a mag

Trina owns an X-mag and a Tac one

oh...two Sydarms...do they count? You could say we are a Mag family. Heck even Rocky shoots a 'Mag! ;)

ooh..ohhh..and a spyder...wait, nevermind.
:rofl:

judster
04-26-2005, 06:16 PM
i own a tac-one e-mag, z-grip classic, and a sydarm, along with a 6-pak. mags are the only guns i shoot, and the only ones ive pretty much owned, i have a cocker but it never gets any love. ive been a fan of the mag sence 92 and i stand by the gun.

johnson88
04-26-2005, 06:49 PM
I got an emag and a pro-carbine and some random spyders so ya i defintaly use the emag.

CKY_Alliance
04-26-2005, 07:06 PM
I have a Xvalved classic...its SLOWLY being upgraded since money no longer grows on trees.

O wait it never did, my bad.

shartley
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
I own an RTPro, but it is no longer my primary marker. I now use a PPS Stroker in pistol mode most of the time.

DiSoRdeR
04-26-2005, 07:15 PM
I have a vertfeed Micromag, has a rpg frame and xvalve. Its slowly being parted out. Decided to part it out to upgrade my Phantom and buy an Ipod. Prefer stock class more, so my Phantom is all I really need now.

And I used to own a Minimag, built it as a project. Sadly I never got the chance to use it so I sold it on AO to some one who would.

ultralightmag
04-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I own a classic and use that every now and then. I typically use a Paradigm at least once a week. Both are very nice, but the Paradigm is faster(because of the xValve and ULT) and has LVL10(also because of the XValve).

cdacda13
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I used to :cry: :cry:
I kinda gun-less at the moment, sold the 68 classic to save up money to get angel, then couldn't find any more money, and have to wait.
Over the summer, after i sell off some other few random things, i plan on building a mag.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Rt Pro, the only quality marker I own. It's an awesome gun that has served me well. I love the thing to death. Small, accurate, somewhat light. I just need to change the reg seat so it will be consistant.

Lee
04-26-2005, 07:41 PM
own and use emag and mech mag.

have owned roughly 15 mags over the years.

Lohman446
04-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow... hmm... wow oops. I kinda started this thread for all the people who whine about disucssion on other markers. I meant to show the amount of people on this board that didn't own, or didn't use an automag regularly. Apparently that theory is blown out of the water...

Now I just need to hide the quantitative evidence that does not support my theory so I can spin it into hype a little better... thats gonna be a tough one. Thank god noone knows how to use the search feature and everyone's just going to forget about this and let it go away.. right?

:D :cheers:

davidnj
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I used to only use my mags, Ive since purchased an Angel G7 and since its still pretty new to me only really use that. I do still plan on playing some games with my mags though. Spent way too much time and money getting them how I wanted to just let them collect dust in my bag!

BD_Paintball
04-26-2005, 08:03 PM
i traded one of may mags for my imp (which i love) an i have a pump mag that i use some times when i dont feel like spending alot of money

kevdupuis
04-26-2005, 08:05 PM
My custom Slugg is my main marker, my e-cocker hasn't seen a game in over two years.
Between my wife and I, we have five personal mags and seven other types of markers.

onedude36
04-26-2005, 08:13 PM
^post pics of the slug mag please :D

I own 1 ule x valve hyperframed mag, and 1 minimag, stock. Yes I use them. The hyperframe needs work though, but I used it last weekend.

teufelhunden
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Technically, I own a 'Mag. But, considering I don't remember seeing it in over a year, I voted for don't own a mag, because for all intents and purposes it's either gone or not to be used anytime soon.

Hm. I actually think last time I saw it was at the field.. maybe it got stolen. Whatever. Probably better that than having to go through the hassle of selling a standard feed classic 'Mag.

tipp-ed off
04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I have three Mags. My primary ULE-Rt-pro, my wife's and my back-up 68 classic. I use my Mag every Sunday!:)

_tMAN
04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
I just sold off my Emag on Ebay, this is my last night with her... :cry:

But I do (technically) still own and use an Automag

etjoyride
04-26-2005, 09:02 PM
right now my mech mag is my main marker, and i have apiranha and spyder collecting dust somewhere :dance:

TheTramp
04-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow... hmm... wow oops. I kinda started this thread for all the people who whine about disucssion on other markers. I meant to show the amount of people on this board that didn't own, or didn't use an automag regularly. Apparently that theory is blown out of the water...

Now I just need to hide the quantitative evidence that does not support my theory so I can spin it into hype a little better... thats gonna be a tough one. Thank god noone knows how to use the search feature and everyone's just going to forget about this and let it go away.. right?

I don't normally type this but.....lol! It's a rare man that comes on here and doesn't defend his position dispite all the facts and any new information he wasn't aware of. ;)

On topic: My "go to marker" is my E-Mag. It always works and generaly is gentle on paint even when I'm using a 12revy which even I can out-shoot. :D

On the other hand, I've got several other guns that I like to use including a Timmy, Tribal, A-5, and an old school Spyder from before there were different types of Spyders. :)

I always start the day with one of those but seem to end it with my E-Mag. Now if they could just make it so I could get a decent number of shots of a 45/45......... ;)

P.S. I love talking about other markers here. It's always a good time until someone has to go on about how it "so much better than those Mags all you AO drones love."

tony3
04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Haven't owned a mag for more then a year and a half.

mark_1791
04-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Own:
Devil Mag
X-mag
Mech Mag
It is not possible for you to understand how much I hate you! A Devilmag AND an X-mag??? :mad: :cuss:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I own: A black one with an intelli and X
Classic

Doobie
04-26-2005, 10:28 PM
It is not possible for you to understand how much I hate you! A Devilmag AND an X-mag??? :mad: :cuss:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I own: A black one with an intelli and X
Classic

Yeah...sometimes I can't stand myself! Heh! :argh:

Wc Keep
04-26-2005, 10:31 PM
i own a benchy retro mag. its collecting dust under my bed. its taken a back seat to my cocker and angel.

Duck Hunt
04-26-2005, 10:38 PM
I have owned my X-Valved RT ULE (Y Grip and warp feed) for over a year now and I will not shoot anything else...

Cockers always break in my hand, the only thing that works in my hands besides my mag is a pump!

Since I found out about AGD no other gun company has produced a product that tops AGD's, period.

Sean

bound for glory
04-26-2005, 10:41 PM
i own a devilmag. and i will admit i am way too hard on non mag posts. i'm sorry :cheers:

Beemer
04-27-2005, 12:07 AM

Ha ha not a chance dude. I got this thread tagged

Doobies got me on the SydArm and Devil, but I do have an original P3 proto around here somewhere along with a turbo and some other things Musik might want[no chance]

Heres where Warped1 comes in and calls us drones and zombies etc............

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/SigPic.jpg

NoForts4Me
04-27-2005, 12:12 AM
P.S. I love talking about other markers here. It's always a good time until someone has to go on about how it "so much better than those Mags all you AO drones love."BINGO! Took the words right out of my mouth. ION's appear to be good guns, but when you post on an Automag board that since the ION has been released, you might as well trash your Automags, it's going to make people mad. Likewise, it's not cool to bash ION's in a thread on AO that is NOT bashing mags.

On topic...I have a Classic, ULT'd Mag as my primary semi, a Sniper II, and a loaner Spyder TL.

Vex
04-27-2005, 12:41 AM
I've only owned one Mag (Minimag) and it's my primary gun. It's got an X-Valve, L 10, and ULT of course! I love my Mag and will never give it up!

StygShore
04-27-2005, 12:41 AM
I own a Karta Mechanical with RPG frame, and all the bells and whistles, and use it regularly.

Tired of everyone asking if it has eyes on it or not.... darned single tube shockers :)

Styg

SpecialBlend2786
04-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Currently I use my emag, and will be untill i get enough money to Pred II my Angel.

I use my minimag on and off, and i lend it out to friends. It is set up for C02 which has its advantages sometimes.

Halliday
04-27-2005, 01:52 AM
I own a Trix and a Mag (E-Mag valve, ULT, ULE, Intelli).
The mag is the backup and has not been used in 1/2 a year.

Phrontman
04-27-2005, 02:36 AM
currently building my second mag and trying to sell the first...so i kinda have 1.5 mags. yes, I play with a mag everytime i go paintballing. I havent gotten on a team at all, so I couldnt justify layin down any serious cash for the tru "higher end" guns...Altho, I think mags are LEET just due to the variety and ability to build from ground up.

jewie27
04-27-2005, 03:21 AM
My souped up Minimag is my main marker. I rarely ever use my Spyder anymore. My Spyder is my loaner marker.

LONEWOLFOO1
04-27-2005, 07:15 AM
i have a tac one version 2 i have'nt played with it yet because i still have to buy some air lines. agd should provide air lines! i used to own a spyder. first one that came out. i have a bushmaster 2000 (bought in 2000) i kept breaking balls. so i am looking forward to my debut with my tac one

i always wanted a automag their different and looks like it can take a beating. i barley play so when i do play i want it to work. plus i like comeing into the field that is not so mainstrem gun. i don't need to shoot a lot of paint so i don't need something that shoot insanley fast but have a good grouping of shots and can shoot rec paint. people tend to forget how crappy paint can be

BD_Paintball
04-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Heres where BD_Paintball comes in and calls us drones and zombies etc............

i can do it to right :ninja:. jk jk

Lupis Fidelis
04-27-2005, 08:05 AM
I currently own an RT-Pro uped with a Tac-One body. It's the best feeling marker I've ever owned. It shares field time equally with my Planet Eclipse Ego.

Soopa Villain17
04-27-2005, 08:56 AM
i currently have a ule'd x valved mag , had a tac one , lookin to get a sydarm sometime in the future :shooting:

Wc Keep
04-27-2005, 09:06 AM
most of the people who have said that they own a mag and something else have had the mag be primaries to lower end guns. are there really only 14 other people out there that own something higher end over their mags?

9868Classic
04-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I currently own 2 automags, and 1 cocker(Just acquired last weekend...more to justify getting a vert feed body and autococker barrels) Always liked the cockers, but always seemed so easily messed up. I've had a mag for almost 9 years, but for the last 7 its been sitting and gathering dust (cars were and still are more important. Currently own a pick-up...no fast car for me. Paintball it is) Pulled it out and played with it again two weeks ago. Going out again this weekend. Gonna try out the cocker for a game, and then switch back to old trusty.

txaggie08
04-27-2005, 09:26 AM
ive got my automag(going to electrice....) and a spyder imagine i awuired in a trade the other day im using for parts on my mag conversion(the board...). Somewere i still have the tigershark i started out with many moons ago, bu its fried(i gotta get it working, it realy wasnt a badly made little pump(brass eagle). automag was the second gun i bought, and the only one i ever bought(cept the little spyder i swapped for :))

Big'n slo
04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Er,

1 Vert E
1 Mini Warp E
1 Vert Hyper
1 Vert Intelli
1 Warp Logic
1 Pump Mini
2 Pneu RT
1 CF Classic
1 Sydarm

1 Phantom
1 PGP

Haven't played since Oct. of last year :(

AGDlover
04-27-2005, 09:56 AM
i only own my emag but have 2 different brands of everything else

Spacemanvic
04-27-2005, 10:00 AM
HE|| NO!

Im gonna drag this sucker out every time someone says that if non mag owners leave, this place will fold.

;)

hitech
04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I use a warped eMag. It is the third semi I have owned. The second was an automag classic, the first a PPS Stroker that I had made in 1991. I guess I am the antithesis of a gun whore. :rofl:

MadPSIence
04-27-2005, 10:06 AM
mine is brand new, but I need an electro sadly and I can't afford lowers.. otherwise I'd be making an X-Mag

Nobody077
04-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Still have my first mag I got new in 95, have since then collected a few others, I also own a cocker, tippy pro-light, spyder flash and a few others.
I use one of my Mags every time I play, love to pull out my AutoResponce Mag until people figure out why I can rip 15bps on a classic valve and complain untill the reffs make me put it away :D . The only time I dont use a mag as my main gun is when air fills are short or a realy long walk, then I use my cocker.

Lohman446
04-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Well... seems how the poll is still going I will give otu what I expected to see for results (obviously I was very very wrong)

I expected about 20% of the people not to own an automag

I expected about 30% of the people to own, and regularly use an automag.

I expected the rest (50%) to be like me and own, but not regularly use an automag.. in fact I don't even know that mines assembled.

Obviously I was wrong... I'm not sure how it changes my viewpoints but it does give me something to consider.

guysdaman
04-27-2005, 10:32 AM
well i own one but haven't used it in months because it is at DevilDen ;)

ApexAZ
04-27-2005, 10:37 AM
I'll probably be buying a G7 in the coming months and my vote will probably be different then.

But for now, I shoot a mech ULE and love it :)

PaintballerJack
04-27-2005, 10:40 AM
I own a minimag (original) which I turned into a killer mag through numerous upgrades over the years.

I love the mag. It works wonderfully, all the time. Even during bad rain on a cold day during a scenairo, the gun still shot excellent, and despite some paintballs getting warped it did well considering the situtation on that day.

Its been the go-to gun for years, and I don't see it changing. I trust it :).

peewee
04-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I have two mags My primary gun is my ULE with chrome intelli, second is a HLPF classic gray with single trigger ( have the new bike grip & a 8" CP barrel coming in for it). But I find myself sitting & holding the old classic more & more.... I alos own an Ion & my beloved SC phantom. The phantom gets about equal time with the ULE.

deadeye9
04-27-2005, 10:55 AM
1 E-Mag
2 X-Mags
I play with them (and no others) regularly.

OK, I only play with one at a time. The E-Mag hasn't seen any action for a couple of years.

ApexAZ
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
1 E-Mag
2 X-Mags
I play with them (and no others) regularly.

OK, I only play with one at a time. The E-Mag hasn't seen any action for a couple of years.

You should dual wield the x-mags! You could lane both sides of the field!

t-rex42
04-27-2005, 11:55 AM
1 95' Classic
1 Minimag
1 Ule'd X valved w/intelli
1 Ule'd TunaMax
1 Ule'd X valved w/RPG frame

I usually play with any of the Ule's on a regular basis, but the RPG frame one is my favorite.

MicroMiniMe
04-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Recently got a Viking, so that is the primary.
I'll loan out the Emag to friends.
I use the Emag if the paint is really bad or I'm gonna be beating on it crashing through thickets and underbrush and diving in trenches.

Both are easy to clean and low maintenence.

Jeffy-CanCon
04-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Of my six markers, I use my Sniper2 most often, but the Mag comes out for big games. That's about 3-4 times per year. I figured that counted as "regular", though it's not most frequent.

jewie27
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
My souped up Minimag is my main marker. My Spyder TL Plus is my loaner marker.

JimmyBeam
04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
i really should sell my mag. its ashame to see it sit there every weekend and not get any use.

temilotzin
04-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes I have a Mag and I use it almost exclusively. On occasion I use my old Line SI Bushmaster pump.

WARPED1
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Technically, I own a 'Mag. But, considering I don't remember seeing it in over a year, I voted for don't own a mag, because for all intents and purposes it's either gone or not to be used anytime soon.

Hm. I actually think last time I saw it was at the field.. maybe it got stolen. Whatever. Probably better that than having to go through the hassle of selling a standard feed classic 'Mag.
This post made me laugh because it's true.
In my 14 years playing PB, I have owned 3 mags, a classic, a Micro classic ans an Emag. The classics were great for rec/woodsball. The E was nice, just too heavy as I had it set up.

tdogreb
04-27-2005, 07:01 PM
PTP-emag is my main gun right now, but I plan on a devil mag real soon.
I have not played a game with anything but a mag since 1986, still use
#1515 every once and a while.

ptp-emag

2 power feed classic"s

hyper mag

2 boo-yaah"s

tdogreb
04-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Oh yea I just bought a RT PRO. Going to try it out this weekend.

AGD202
04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
i only own 1 gun as of now... its an EMag and i love it too much to get rid of it... im trying to make a minimag right now but that will happen later on

JKR
04-27-2005, 07:25 PM
I just got an Automag a couple of months ago and considering the length of time I have owned it, I would classify it as regular use! I can say with certainty, however, it will see much more use in the future. It may well go to my grave with my Sniper II--that or be willed to my heirs!

Justin

nastymag
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
well i am defently a gun whore ... i have always maintained a mag at all times, i currently own a Mini mag and an Xmag to compliment my 04 Viking and Two angels. i put down that i use it regularly because i switch out what gun i use pretty often.

pjammaman
04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
i own 2 mags, a classic and ule pro. mags are all i use

frontrunner
04-30-2005, 08:58 AM
I love my mag and although i have other guns i use it a my main gun i'm looking at electros but i may go big spender and get a devil mag if not i'll still keep my mag. I think alot of poeple on this site have started with mags and steped up to "super" guns most still post here because it be come a nice family and your right if we'd lose them we'd lose alot of know how and hstory just what i think

Arstron
05-01-2005, 11:20 AM
I own 3 mags currently:
1. Black/red warped ule xvalved with intelli blade(primary gun)
2. Red/chorme warped ule with intelli blade and a 68 vlave (still building, thought it would be diffrent)
3. A 68 classic with an eclipse splash it. (backup/loaner for friends)

Just sold:
1 All black 68 classic with benchmark double trigger
1 All chorme 68 classic with stock trigger modified for a double trigger

Forgot to meantion, I only play with my automags. :D

trains are bad
05-01-2005, 11:42 AM
I exclusively use my very special automag, in speedball anyway. In the woods I usually use my cocker.

AnimalMother
05-02-2005, 12:47 AM
I use a warp left all-black ULE RT custom, it's sweet, but I don't use it as much anymore, only whwn playing woods and stuff. Why don't I use it anymore? Cuz I got an X-MAG!!. (no further questions needed). It's the best marker ever made, hands down.

Lohman446
05-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Cuz I got an X-MAG!!. (no further questions needed). It's the best marker ever made, hands down.

:rolleyes: Based on?

ben-afficial
05-02-2005, 09:16 AM
limited facts and over cockiness :dance:

WARPED1
05-02-2005, 10:17 AM
:rolleyes: Based on?
Being a member of AO.................. he's been brainwashed captain!

Lohman446
05-02-2005, 10:20 AM
I use a warp left all-black ULE RT custom, it's sweet, but I don't use it as much anymore, only whwn playing woods and stuff. Why don't I use it anymore? Cuz I got an X-MAG!!. (no further questions needed). It's the best marker ever made, hands down.

Actually I went through and figured it out

It's (the X-mag) the best marker ever made, hands down

Based on?

Cuz I got an X-MAG!!. (no further questions needed)

Ahh.. and we join the ranks of many players out there who think whatever they have is the best, with seemingly no other consideration given aside from its what they own at the time.

WARPED1
05-02-2005, 12:43 PM
There is no doubt the Xmag is a good gun, but face it, there are better guns out there.(like the DMx series)

ben-afficial
05-06-2005, 11:07 AM
the only problem with the DM series is that they cost more than a used honda :dance:

AnimalMother
05-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Actually I went through and figured it out

Based on?

Ahh.. and we join the ranks of many players out there who think whatever they have is the best, with seemingly no other consideration given aside from its what they own at the time.

It's called an opinion, man. Get off it. Why do you care so much anyway? When I see people posting their favorite markers, which they obviously own, I don't make a comment on it, everybody's biased on what they own, it's called human nature. Why don't you get a life that involves being off this forum?

Lohman446
05-06-2005, 12:23 PM
It's called an opinion, man. Get off it. Why do you care so much anyway? When I see people posting their favorite markers, which they obviously own, I don't make a comment on it, everybody's biased on what they own, it's called human nature. Why don't you get a life that involves being off this forum?

I care when people spout opinion (which you're opinion is fine) as if it were fact. "Cuz I got an X-MAG!!. (no further questions needed). It's the best marker ever made, hands down." Thats not fact... thats unbased hype. I like hype, but I'm going to call it for what it is. There is a different between favorite and best... most of us are mature enough to understand that our favorite marker may have attributes that make it better or worse than others and that to declare any marker "best" today is a long stretch. To declare the X-mag the best... well is just wishful thinking. Is it a nice marker? Sure it is and it may be perfectly suited for your requirements and use. Is it THE best? Not a chance.

Arstron
05-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Is it a nice marker? Sure it is and it may be perfectly suited for your requirements and use. Is it THE best? Not a chance.

I am curious, what is the national requirements for being the best marker then? :D

If someone says that their marker is the best, since they are talking about their marker specifically, then they are also saying that their marker is the best for their style of play. So its not wish full thinking, its not hype, its a true statement. :)

Lohman446
05-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I am curious, what is the national requirements for being the best marker then? :D

If someone says that their marker is the best, since they are talking about their marker specifically, then they are also saying that their marker is the best for their style of play. So its not wish full thinking, its not hype, its a true statement. :)

I don't think you would find any individual marker out there, or make of marker that is "the best". For one its too based on qualitative things (looks, feel, etc) and the quanitative things (efficiency, recoil, speed, etc.) don't seem to be with one marker. Saying your marker is the best, hands down and leaving it at that is wishful thinking, is hype, and is very unlikely to be true.

NoForts4Me
05-06-2005, 02:55 PM
I am curious, what is the national requirements for being the best marker then? :DAn ION. Or apparently any marker that is NOT a mag. :rolleyes: It's really a pretty pointless argument anyway, because it's all preference. I also don't know why it concerns people so much when someone says they have the best marker (be it a Mag, ION, DMC, Spyder, etc. etc.) Let them be happy with what they have. It never does anything but make people angry and start flames. Now, if they have a cocker...(j/k: I own a Sniper II ;) ).

What was this thread about again?

usmc8892
05-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I have a Classic, an RT ULE, and 2 emags...!

AnimalMother
05-06-2005, 04:05 PM
An ION. Or apparently any marker that is NOT a mag. :rolleyes: It's really a pretty pointless argument anyway, because it's all preference. I also don't know why it concerns people so much when someone says they have the best marker (be it a Mag, ION, DMC, Spyder, etc. etc.) Let them be happy with what they have. It never does anything but make people angry and start flames. Now, if they have a cocker...(j/k: I own a Sniper II ;) ).

Amen, let's get back to the topic.

Lohman446
05-06-2005, 05:02 PM
An ION. Or apparently any marker that is NOT a mag. :rolleyes: It's really a pretty pointless argument anyway, because it's all preference. I also don't know why it concerns people so much when someone says they have the best marker (be it a Mag, ION, DMC, Spyder, etc. etc.) Let them be happy with what they have. It never does anything but make people angry and start flames. Now, if they have a cocker...(j/k: I own a Sniper II ;) ).

:rolleyes: There going to have to start a basic reading comprehension class for members of AO apparently. Just for the record, this is not stated as opinion, this is stated as being "hands down" fact.

Thats not stated as opinion, its stated as fact. Frankly whatever marker you own at the time is not necessarily the best. I owned an e-mag, was it best then? No. I owned Shockers. Where they the best then? No... the fit my needs closest but they were nto the best marker. State opinion as fact, on this board, and you will get on it. Don't like it post on PBN where I have seen Spyders that are the "best gun out there".

By the way, the idea behind this thread (ironic it was the first post, and oh look, a thread I started that has been reasonably discussed)

So... how many of you own an automag? Of those that do, do you still play with it regularly? The reason I ask is this, people have been getting annoying with whining when the discussion turns to something other than automags. I would love t discuss the next new thing from AGD... especially if it were selling incredibly, unfortunately reality has invaded that dream. If you don't want the people who don't own automags posting... fine. My thoughts on that, if only Automag users frequented this sight you would loose a lot of accumulated knowledge. Maybe I'm wrong, but the anti-anything but AGD as of late is getting annoying. And before you call this mindless droning, I have a DevilMag ordered... I feel I can state my opinion.

NoForts4Me
05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
:rolleyes: There going to have to start a basic reading comprehension class for members of AO apparently. Just for the record, this is not stated as opinion, this is stated as being "hands down" fact.

Thats not stated as opinion, its stated as fact. Frankly whatever marker you own at the time is not necessarily the best. I owned an e-mag, was it best then? No. I owned Shockers. Where they the best then? No... the fit my needs closest but they were nto the best marker. State opinion as fact, on this board, and you will get on it. Don't like it post on PBN where I have seen Spyders that are the "best gun out there".

By the way, the idea behind this thread (ironic it was the first post, and oh look, a thread I started that has been reasonably discussed)I've read the whole thread previously. My reading comprehension is just fine, thank-you. And yes, the topic was reasonably discussed until post #83 by someone name Lohmann466. The guy (or gal) was just stating what you asked for in your first post (if you read it) and his opinion of his gun, and then you jumped him. I was just defending them. Also, if you want your post to be comprehensible, and are going to criticize others for not comprehending what you post, please use better sentence structure and complete words, at least in your initial post. So things will remain friendly, I won’t post on this thread anymore. See you around :D .

Lohman446
05-06-2005, 05:53 PM
I've read the whole thread previously. My reading comprehension is just fine, thank-you. And yes, the topic was reasonably discussed until post #83 by someone name Lohmann466. The guy (or gal) was just stating what you asked for in your first post (if you read it) and his opinion of his gun, and then you jumped him. I was just defending them. Also, if you want your post to be comprehensible, and are going to criticize others for not comprehending what you post, please use better sentence structure and complete words, at least in your initial post. So things will remain friendly, I won’t post on this thread anymore. See you around :D .

Bah... I never let things on some forum get to me so it always remains friendly, well as friendly as I am at least. As for the first post and what I asked for, I never did ask for opinions of the marker, I did reread it. Did I overreact? To him sure I did, but to teh example... no. The best marker in the world is not necessarily the one you own, I wish more people would realize that.

ultralight
05-06-2005, 07:42 PM
the first marker i bought (other than the splatmaster when i was 12) was a used automag.

ive been playing with it and slowly upgrading it (x valve, ult, ule, custom milling) since.

it is and always will be my primary marker.

alooney11
05-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Gotta love the rapidfiring rt, some people sont like it though, mainly those i am shooting at.

HOMELANDEFENDER
05-07-2005, 05:34 AM
Depending on the event and "Mission" of the given senario. Senario games / and woodsball are usually what I participate in . Now that I've completed my TacOne setup, I'm going to use it as my primary workhorse. But if the call for long range support or fire suppression is needed for the Team, then I use my Flatline A5 with RT trigger. Its sort of like a long range Shotgun. And my "failsafe" gun to back up those two is my Pro/Carb. I find that having three markers for traveling to different events is smart. Murphys Laws has strange ways of materializing during events far from home. But I'll even enjoy playing the Pro/Carbine as well. Theres something about its simplicity, mixed with very good accuracy that ensures it will always have a home in my Dye Navigator gear bag.

HLD...

MarkM
05-07-2005, 06:33 AM
I still own,

1 Phantom
1 Sterling
1 Colonial (mag copy :eek: )
1 Autococker
1 Minimag...not sure of the serial number I will have to dig it out and see
1 Shocker (Brick shape)
1 Angel Speed (Predator now installed)

I did also have a Bushmaster Line SI pump and an Angel LCD but they were both sold
The Minimag I have never shot in anger, although it was used when I got it with a broken feedneck but the body was swapped over for a brand new one. The list above is the progression I followed.

cougar20th
05-07-2005, 07:08 AM
ive got 3 mags right now. only one has been used. that is my pumpmag. its used on AO days mostly now and when i just feel like using it. rarely ive got 12 guns total. the other two are a custom zgriped rt that i need to finish assembling and a eclipse classic mag that just needs orings.

REDRT
05-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Mostly I use the Emag, but I still enjoy use of the Classic RT. They are the only two I own. My brother has 5 markers. 2x mags a Emag and an RTP custom. His Mags get used 99.9% of the time. Honestly they are not the latest greatest things but they still hang tough out there. Why use anything different?