PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys like paintball?

Kai
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
I am conducting an important study.

BD_Paintball
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
i like playing paintball.

JimmyBeam
04-27-2005, 02:00 PM
i hate it. but i cant figure out why i play every single weekend

Jakedubbleya
04-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Woot, im the only no.

Paintball is for losers! Real men play laser tag!

My current setup:
Spok's magnetic ultraflux reflection armor(tm)
Scotties laser grenade (with optional carrying pouch)
Bicards steady-stream(tm) laser rifle with dual hydrozone magnifiers
Darth Vader Helimt that makes me look AND sound like the real thing
Ewok(tm) ghillie pants
Princess Laya Laysa Top(tm)
Moon Boots
Tourney Shot Counter with Built in Sci-Fi Channel

The Action Figure
04-27-2005, 02:35 PM
yup

NoForts4Me
04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Kai, if you don't mind a follow up question in your thread: If you don't like Paintball, why are you here?

Oh, and YES.

Maggot6
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I second that, if you are on this forum, of paintball markers, then you should like paintball....How imporatant is this "study"...

BD_Paintball
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
6 ppl have replied to no. so there are some ppl that might like to hang out because they have no freinds jk jk

Flow_Tech
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
i said no,just because there is more bull**** going on right now with the new PSP and CFOA rules then i can think of so it sucks,i hate paintball right now.

Conversekidz
04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I hate paintball, i just like causing pain to other people

kurama
04-27-2005, 05:34 PM
I love paintball, but it costs so much money. Even when I play pump. I've had a great time playing, and I've made tons of friends while paintballing.

trevorjk
04-27-2005, 05:50 PM
whats paintball? untill some one tells me i vote no!

Fathom
04-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Well i'll have to say yes,

Its either that or i try to explai to my parents tht someone stole 6 years and about 15k+ from me

hAppy
04-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Paintball is at it's peak when I play with AOers. And that doesn't make paintball fun, it makes the environment fun, paintball is just something to do while hanging out with NorCal AO folks.

Why I dislike paintball...
-hype, once jerseys were in, then jerseys meant noob. Once camo was "teh ghey" now it's the in. Same with headbands, towels, LV and designers, pink, long sleeved shirts, you name it
-price, not the price, but my suspicion of people jacking up the prices
-PBnation, the kids who roam the fields thinking they are everything beautiful at the field
-people who play paintball almost immediately believe they are doing something "tough", football is tough, not paintball
-CHEATING
-refs who condone cheating
-I can go on forever, I'm just tired

These are all undeniable facts!

jaredborne
04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
this topic is retarded. :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

trevorjk
04-27-2005, 07:10 PM
this topic is retarded. :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:
your retarded..... :dance:

gc82000
04-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Why I dislike paintball...
-hype, once jerseys were in, then jerseys meant noob. Once camo was "teh ghey" now it's the in. Same with headbands, towels, LV and designers, pink, long sleeved shirts, you name it
-price, not the price, but my suspicion of people jacking up the prices
-PBnation, the kids who roam the fields thinking they are everything beautiful at the field
-people who play paintball almost immediately believe they are doing something "tough", football is tough, not paintball
-CHEATING
-refs who condone cheating
-I can go on forever, I'm just tired

These are all undeniable facts!
I would like to add to your list.
Hype- my gun is ( cost less, newer, lighter, from such and such etc) then your gun so it it better then your gun mentality, styles becoming obselete cuase it was used more then twice, ppl complaining about kids with all new equipment becuase they are new players.
Tough- sorry I got to disagree with you on that one. Rugby and soccer are tough watch the pros play, football you get pads.
Cheating- we are the only video game were cheating is not a code.

flyinasian016
04-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Im not a huge fan, but i play it because its a fun hobby

hAppy
04-27-2005, 07:48 PM
gc82000 - haha agreed, football isn't as tough as rugby. And it seems like price means everything in the paintball world. If your gun isn't $1500 then it's obsolete. That automatically makes you a brand spanking new beginner, even though you are on a pro team playing with Spyders.

RoamingStorm
04-27-2005, 09:22 PM
well i have a study i would like to conduct, does your iq have to be in the single digits in order to ask if people like paintball on a paintball forum??

1=yes
2=no

jaredborne
04-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Paintball is kinda tough... especially when you get raped 5 on 1 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :wow:

Koop
04-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Comedy "No" option

player4
04-27-2005, 11:08 PM
What is this "paintball" you speak of?

Kai
04-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Kai, if you don't mind a follow up question in your thread: If you don't like Paintball, why are you here?

Oh, and YES.

Actually, I do mind.

Nobody answer that question.

gc82000
04-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Personal reason why rugby is tougher then football. Seen a friend break his sternum in a scrimage. Had my thigh peirced (ok broke the skin) by another players metal cleats when he step on me after a tackle. I play against Fijian :hail: and Somoans :hail: in national scrimage games and man those guys are :hail: pro :hail: and are down to kill. :cry:

Personal reasons why soccer is tougher then football. Cups inhibit your abillity to run, or at least with me. Picture all those events. :cry: I have busted four guys noses since I was 12, broken three windshields and ended two careers from slides that guys decide noto jump over. Hey jump and they might still be playing. I have suffered 5 concussions from head to head contact, seen a guy lose multiple teeth from taking a knee to the jaw. The worse one was seeing one of my best freinds break his femur when we were 13. He healed up and became a 3 times all-island football player. He is to this day scared to play any soccer game that is not on XBox.

hAppy
04-28-2005, 12:05 AM
A large number of the players are very cocky at the field, it's mainly because in school they are viewed as "weird" and "misplaced". But at the field, if they managed to get their hands on one of those "extremely rare and exotic" RASTA guns, or a 1/3 Ripper Timmy, they'd be able to rub it all over your face. And at school, they would rub it all over the faces of their fellow paintball schoolmates. It just gets on your nerves, anyone catch my drift?

gc82000
04-28-2005, 12:14 AM
man happy, I feel sorry for you. Even when I was in highschool no one ever talked down to me, they knew it would come back to them some other time. but even when I was only using my classic mag I never got talked down to cause most of those rare gun guys are walking of the feild after getting snapped by a mag guy. and now with my angel no one talks down to me unless they want to be pink after a game.
skill rules over equipment, but both are a lethal combination. :cheers:

frop
04-28-2005, 02:00 AM
What's this study important to, your grades? :) ;)

AnimalMother
04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
This is a PAINTBALL forum? :confused: Oh man, I HATE that sport! :mad: I thought this was a forum for lovers of Ninja Turtles! Consarnit!!!!

TheTramp
04-28-2005, 08:37 AM
I am conducting an important study.

I'm really not sure about your use of the word "important."

HarrysSon
04-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm dedicating my life to paintball but school and no job in the way, its almost impossible to make that happen :cry:

hAppy
04-28-2005, 09:47 AM
man happy, I feel sorry for you. Even when I was in highschool no one ever talked down to me, they knew it would come back to them some other time. but even when I was only using my classic mag I never got talked down to cause most of those rare gun guys are walking of the feild after getting snapped by a mag guy. and now with my angel no one talks down to me unless they want to be pink after a game.
skill rules over equipment, but both are a lethal combination. :cheers:
Well they don't talk down to ME, in fact many of them "look up" to me at my school, the ones that know me from their paintball club, which I quit. They are cocky to each other, most of them were spoiled, their parents got them a brand spankin new Speed, and they would rub it all over their fellow classmates. Others would brag about how they know a guy from a team, and some would brag that they bought their gun from a guy from Dynasty. So and so. But recently, paintball has died down in my area, so I don't see that anymore, and I've been out of the paintball scene for awhile now.

Kai
04-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm really not sure about your use of the word "important."

I'm not really sure about your use of the word 'about'.

TheTramp
04-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm not really sure about your use of the word 'about'.

I’m not surprised.

NoForts4Me
04-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Actually, I do mind.

Nobody answer that question.Alright, how do I remove a vote?

danheneise
04-28-2005, 12:43 PM
No, See I thought this was a Home Improvement site, and that you guys used these things called markers to repaint your house.

now why would you be asking people on an special interest/hobby site if they like what they're talking about on that site. :tard:

hAppy
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
No, See I thought this was a Home Improvement site, and that you guys used these things called markers to repaint your house.

now why would you be asking people on an special interest/hobby site if they like what they're talking about on that site. :tard:
I don't see why not, alot of people have already voted no. Is that shocking to you?

trevorjk
04-28-2005, 04:50 PM
No, See I thought this was a Home Improvement site, and that you guys used these things called markers to repaint your house.:

i always thought markers where used to color with or highlight :confused: