PDA

View Full Version : Minimags

Hawke
04-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I am looking at buying one. It has Lvl 10 bolt and all but is the minimag to old? I don't know what year it's from but is the Micromag to outdated? Do they still make upgrades for it? It's a nice setup for $300.
· AGD -Lvl 10-bolt kit
· Vertical feed
· Double finger trigger frame
· Armson- Nichol plated 10’ rifled barrel
· Powerlyte- Blue 12’ ceramic barrel
· Dye- Izon Red Dot Gun Sight – Chrome
· Phat- Flame Drop Forward - Chrome
· Phat- On/Off Dovetail Drop Forward – Chrome
And the gun is nickel plated. The picture of it looks nice but should I forget it and just get a newer mag?

minimag03
04-27-2005, 04:59 PM
I am looking at buying one. It has Lvl 10 bolt and all but is the minimag to old? I don't know what year it's from but is the minimag to outdated? Do they still make upgrades for it? It's a nice setup for $300.
· AGD -Lvl 10-bolt kit
· Vertical feed
· Double finger trigger frame
· Armson- Nichol plated 10’ rifled barrel
· Powerlyte- Blue 12’ ceramic barrel
· Dye- Izon Red Dot Gun Sight – Chrome
· Phat- Flame Drop Forward - Chrome
· Phat- On/Off Dovetail Drop Forward – Chrome
And the gun is nickel plated. The picture of it looks nice but should I forget it and just get a newer mag?

I don't think that is too great of a set up for the price. If you want a mag, go with a custom RT one from AGD, Tunaman, or RPG. It will only ne a little more but will perform a lot better.

Hawke
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Is an R/T a Response Trigger like that of the Tippmann guns? Where it is 2 shots per pull? I want something tourny and field legal however not over $400.

Hawke
04-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I just checked and found out it wasn't a Minimag, it's a Micro Mag. Does that change anything?

TeamNausea
04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
no it is not the same things as a response trigger

minimag03
04-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Some tournys don't allow RT mags, but most will. The trigger will bouce only if you have a very high input pressure. You shouldn't have any bounce on a preset high pressure tank. It RT pushes the trihher back with double the force you pulled to fire the gun, so it will be a lot faster than a normal mag. You can order a great mag from AGD for under. I'd suggest a ULE body and ULT as upgrades. They are cheap and give you a lot better performence.

warbeak2099
04-27-2005, 07:30 PM
The RT style valves do the same kind of thing as a Tippmann RT in that they reset the trigger very fast so that you get bounce. They just do it differently.

Neither shoots one shot on the pull and one on the release. That is Response mode on some electros.

That micromag is worth about $250, not $300. Tell him to go lower since you can get an RT Custom from AGD, White Wolf, Rogue, Logic, etc. for under $350.

minimag03
04-27-2005, 07:33 PM
The RT style valves do the same kind of thing as a Tippmann RT in that they reset the trigger very fast so that you get bounce.

You make it sound like the trigger will bounce all the time. It will only bounce when you have a high input pressure.

warbeak2099
04-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh I know. JUst like with the Tippmann RT. You need to turn up the knurled adjuster on the side of the gun. Or turn it down to decrease reactivity. With an RT style mag valve you need to increase input pressure to the valve to get reactivity. I get a little with my 850psi preset Nitro Duck.

minimag03
04-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Any bounce that he gets with a preset tank should not be too noticable. It would be nothing that you would be DQ'd for.

warbeak2099
04-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Right, I can only sustain about 3-5 shots at a time while doing the Z-man fanning. It's not enough to be called crazy fast bouncing.

Hawke
04-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Okay... How about this gun? It's a Custom Mag...
RPG Exile Body
RPG Strangler Feedneck
Shocktech Clamping Feedneck
RPG Wingless Rogue Rail
RPG 15* ASA
AGD Intelliframe
AGD X Valve
AGD Level 10 Bolt + carriers and springs
Custom Products Gas-Thru Grip
Dye 05 Mini Dropforward
Hybrid Technologies push on/off ASA
VL eVLutionII Hopper w/ Y-board
Extreme Rage gun case

It too looks nice. He is asking $400. Is that to much?

minimag03
04-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Okay... How about this gun? It's a Custom Mag...
RPG Exile Body
RPG Strangler Feedneck
Shocktech Clamping Feedneck
RPG Wingless Rogue Rail
RPG 15* ASA
AGD Intelliframe
AGD X Valve
AGD Level 10 Bolt + carriers and springs
Custom Products Gas-Thru Grip
Dye 05 Mini Dropforward
Hybrid Technologies push on/off ASA
VL eVLutionII Hopper w/ Y-board
Extreme Rage gun case

It too looks nice. He is asking $400. Is that to much?

That is a good deal for all that.

Vex
04-28-2005, 12:19 AM
That is a good deal for all that.

I'll agree. This is a much better deal for the money! :headbang:

In fact, I'm jealous...

mark_1791
04-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Definitly get the second one. The first deal is overpriced

MadPSIence
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
second deal is open to anyone, it's my gun btw :D

onedude36
04-28-2005, 09:19 PM
I played in a tourny with an rt tippman...The little 10 year olds were short a player. I think the field felt sorry for me. :tard: