PDA

View Full Version : My brother's album released by Sony

Steelrat
04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Not intended as any sort of spam, I just wanted to do my part in supporting a family member. He and the band he is with, Acceptance, worked very hard, and getting signed by Sony is a major achievement. Their first major-label album, Phantoms, was released on the 26th. I'm not sure how you would label them, alternative-emo-somethingorother, but their music is great and their live performances are fantastic.

You can check them out at www.acceptancerock.com. If you buy the album, you can try to guess which of the credits in the liner notes applies to me ;)

Warewolf50
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Good for your bro, that is a major acomplishment.

trevorjk
04-27-2005, 05:59 PM
ive heard of them, gave them a listen... not bad, just not my flavor i also saw them on Fuse TV :D

now tell him to think of me when he becomes rich and famous ;)

tony3
04-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Wow, I really like them, got to get the cd. I won't illegal download it since I want to support an AO members brother ;)

temps
04-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Good for him!!

I'll put a request into my local radio station..

Steelrat
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I appreciate all the nice comments. Tony, I appreciate your sentiments.

temps
04-27-2005, 06:43 PM
lol :rofl: lol
I was just listening to the songs they have on the website.. and while listening to "Different" I realized I heard that song before :D

I'll try and get out to the record store and support them.. it would be the first music cd i've ever purchased :eek: (I listen to internet radio)

MrWallen
04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
i heard of them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay a long time ago, i love Acceptance.

Jakedubbleya
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
im listening to them on RealRhapsody (i love this thing) right now...
Wow man... :wow: Its like Euro-Maroon 5, too bad i hate anything resembling euro music:(
Anyway, very talented man, just tell them to get rid of all the synthetic junk for me wont ya? :headbang:

Bah, Real-Rhapsody doesnt have a review for them yet:(

anyway thats awesome man that hes ur bro, which member of the band is he?

How much money do they get from real rhapsody? ive always wondered how that works..

Creative Mayhem
04-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Very cool. I listened to a few songs, not a huge fan of that style, but i can dig it :D I will see if i can find it around here, if not i will look online. Gotta support mah AO peeps.

FreakBaller12
04-27-2005, 09:50 PM
my kind of music(yes I admit I like emo) Good stuff. I'll consider picking up their cd along with a few other when I get around to it.
where can I buy a cd?

Steelrat
04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
You can buy them anyplace. Target here in Syracuse, NY had them, though we bought the last copy they had. All the major retailers have them, Sony seems to be giving them a good push, which is nice.

Normally I am not an emo person. I tend to listen to New Age, Techno, classical, jazz, and heavy metal. Some of the songs are really good though, including the first cut off the album. Its significantly better than a lot of the crap coming out of some well-recognized bands right now. Then again, I may be a bit biased ;)

Thanks for the support guys.

Vex
04-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Well, you have to tell us which one of the guys is your bro--you can't leave us hanging!! :eek:

Linkwarner
04-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Awesome!!! I have to go pick up a copy now, and I am not usually into emo/punk/whateverthehellthismusicis, but I love it!!

Steelrat
04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Well, you have to tell us which one of the guys is your bro--you can't leave us hanging!! :eek:

Look at the member profiles. Someone who knows me (or has seen me post) should be able to figure out which one is related to me ;)

Kai
04-28-2005, 12:16 PM
I think it's that last guy.

Nick Radoakjboanic.

Blazestorm
04-28-2005, 12:49 PM
They from washington? If they are, I met some of them before they were anywhere, they were just doing local things :)

My brother was friends with some of the guys and I had their first 6 song CD... haha... :D

That's crazy that steelrat is related to one of them.

Good stuff

Steelrat
04-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Yep, they are from Issaquah. I used to live there when I went to U Dub.

And Kai, its not Nick ;)

personman
04-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey, give ryan a pat on the back! He likes 7m3 :)

ps is that your brother?

Blazestorm
04-28-2005, 04:51 PM
And I'm in sammamish, Issaquah = about 1/4 a mile away. Maybe 1/2 :D

Pretty crazy... What part of Issaquah were you in?

ProX9
04-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I knows who it is, but I dun see a pic for comparison.

Steelrat
04-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Blaze, I lived in Klahanie, up on the plateau. I delivered pizzas all around Lake Sammamish and Issaquah.

Pro, if you go to AOLmusic sessions you'll see him, he actually has a small talking role.

Person, Ryan is not my brother, though he is a very cool guy. As a matter of fact, the whole band is pretty damn cool. They are the ones who introduced me to Halo while staying at my place during a tour. They Pwned me.

FreakBaller12
04-28-2005, 09:51 PM
w00t w00t guess who's cd is going to be stuck in my cd player once I buy it tomrrow ;) :clap:

ProX9
04-28-2005, 10:14 PM
does he have the long black hair? he plays the guitar and sings a bit. anyhow, i listened to some of the other songs as well and they are damn good, i may have to buy a cd.

and for kicks, i used to live in issaquah but i was to young to remember it.

hAppy
04-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Wait he plays in the band?! The last time I heard a song from them, I thought it was great.

-Tab
04-30-2005, 05:02 PM
wow....those guys are awesome. that's my kind of music, too

i seriously think i'll be picking that one up soon.

ProX9
04-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Ryan is not my brother, though he is a very cool guy.

lol thats great

Jakedubbleya
04-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Heh, nice profile steelrat. Hows that "alternative" lifestyle goin for ya;)

His brother is totally Christian McAlhaney. The male model/writer/all instument player/back street boy & N'Sync (god i hope i spelled that wrong) lover.

Yeha anyway i was checkin ur profile for similarities like u said to, and well, i think you may have been hacked.