PDA

View Full Version : what position are there in paintball?

Gumbe
04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
front
mid
back

but someone said somthing about a tape runner or somthing....i never hard of this....is there a position called this?

mark_1791
04-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Theres snake, but thats pretty much just a frontman that goes on the snake.

Not sure about tape runner...Sounds like someone that rushes for the flag in a centerflag game maybe?

tony3
04-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Left tape, left corner, right corner, right tape, snake, lots of misc positions. Those 3 are the main ones though.

Python14
04-27-2005, 08:35 PM
There's not really given positions, just areas where some people play better. Tape runners are generally fast frontmen and women who play the upper ends of the right and left sides of the field.

Mid players can do just about anything. Some mid players are backplayers in more aggressive positions, some mid players are front men in more defensive positions. Alot of times mid players are utility players. They can fill any position on the field, so naturally being in the middle is a good place to be.

Back guys are more or less the eyes and ears and mouth of the team. For lack of a better term, they are the driver on field. Front men are more or less tools for the back guys (hey, I'm a front man, I speak from experience). The backmen aren't limited to the back lines of the field. Some of the best backmen were formerly front men and alot of times, that makes for a better backman because he knows what the front players need support wise to make the eliminations and flag hangs.

JKR
04-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Guy up there behind the big tree.

Whats-his-face over near the creek, behind the pallet.

Big dude on the hill at the stump.

New kid at the stick bunker.

Those are a few positions at the local woods field. Does that help? ;)

Gumbe
04-27-2005, 08:55 PM
thanks