PDA

View Full Version : Max-Flow Regulator Change

reconcanada
04-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey all,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. Is it possible to convert a low pressure Max Flo regulator in to a high pressure reg?

This is a Max Flo 3000 pressure reg. An older one from 1999 - 2000.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance....

mandatory
04-28-2005, 04:28 AM
i kind of have the same question. i was wondering if i could take the verticle maxflo reg off of my impulse and put the whole thing on to my 4500 max flo hp set up. I think all i have to do is switch the 1/8 " connector nipple from the hp reg body to the lp reg body. but to answer your question i think the hp and lp reg bodys are different cause I have both and when i take them apart the high pressure piston and the low pressure piston are compleatly different sizes, radius wise. I dont think theres a "kit" to switch from hp to lp or lp tp hp. You have to have the right reg body thats drilled out to a certin diameter to fit either hp or lp piston. go to smart parts web page and you can download the manuals...hoppe this helps. if you have more questions let me know....im sort of experamenting with my two max flows right now.

my2crazyeyes
04-28-2005, 07:04 AM
well according to smart parts you just need to get the high pressure spring instead of the low pressure one. At least that is what I was told when I orderd mine.

Hope this helps,

-Chris

Carbon Blue
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM
to convert from hi pressure to low pressure all you need is the HP or LP spring.

Loguzzzzzz
04-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Here is a link to an Action Village page that has the parts you are asking about. you will see that the have low to high and high to low kits.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=d41AWbkCNPVAZ_tzSRyA8bPLiGDZiiIAGR4=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gas-systems-nitrogen-systems-smart-parts-nitrogen-systems-smart-parts-nitrogen-system-parts

mandatory
04-28-2005, 03:41 PM
so i was right...you need a compleatly different reg body as well as reg piston and spring..thats cool caus that confirms that all i need to do is switch a few parts from my vert lp max flo reg to my 4500 tank/ max flow manifold. coool...now i can get rid of that huge secondary max flow vert reg on my impulse....go straight from bottle to gun...yay :headbang:

Recon by Fire
04-29-2005, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure about yours but one of my max flows is a 4500 model from about 2001. It was supposed to be a HP but was actually a LP. I had to change the springs, piston, and remove the bleed valve and replace it with a plug.

reconcanada
04-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the help everyone.

I'm still a bit confused as everyone seems to be refering to 4500# regs? I guess one can assume the rule of thumb would apply to the 3000# reg as well?

Skywalker
04-29-2005, 05:58 PM
You definately need more than just a different spring. I changed springs on my Maxflos and they didn't work. On my LP Maxflo is says Shocker on the under part of the manifold, meaning that it was either made specifically for the Shocker. On my HP Maxflo it says HP for high pressure obviously, but also meaning you can only use it with high pressure guns. So if I were to put a LP spring in my HP Maxflo it wouldn't work. Which is crap b/c I called SP and they said it would. Now they want me to pay for it to be fixed. Screw that, I'd rather just trhow it away than give them any more money.