View Full Version : Well, I think I got paint covered for the tournament

quik
04-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Too much for a front guy?

http://www.siteofthefuture.com/paint.jpg

Maybe, maybe not.

DiSoRdeR
04-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Thats more paint than I would ever use, the most I ever use for a full day of playing is about 200-300 and I thought I used alot lol. You should try Stock Class some time, saves you money and is more fun. And is that how much paint people really use for tournaments?

TheTramp
04-28-2005, 03:54 PM
And is that how much paint people really use for tournaments?

Not most people. I played back and never went through even close to that much.

BD_Paintball
04-28-2005, 03:55 PM
thats alot but if you are playing x-ball then that would make more sence.

Lohman446
04-28-2005, 03:56 PM
The funny thing is Quik... I'll use a case, maybe two and our team will end up beating yours? Not that I set up the bunkers on the airball field to suit our play style or anything like that ;)

I assume you mean Randy's?

AGDlover
04-28-2005, 03:56 PM
lol i'm a front boy and i've played xball and not been through that much paint! :eek:

punkncat
04-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I only carry my hopper and two pods on the field at tournies. I figure that if I can't finish a game against 3 people, my preferred format, with 480 rounds I need to get off the field anyway. Usually I only go through a hopper and get into one pod.

Lohman446
04-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Quik.. what team you playing on and what division? I'm playing with Extreme Excess, D3

quik
04-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Quik.. what team you playing on and what division? I'm playing with Extreme Excess, D3

We are Platinum X and playing D3, good thing cause I was about to say "What are they playing D4 for??"

This is just a joke, there is no way in hell that I would use that much paint, this is paint for 3 of the 5 guys playing.

Are they playing the beach field? I hope not because that field is... 'lacking.'

And hey, dont say you'll beat us, we were pretty evenly matched last tourny, so it should be fun to play you guys this time. Wanna help a brotha out and let us know what teams we gotta worry about?(Any sandbagging?)

cdacda13
04-28-2005, 04:35 PM
wow, good luck at your tourny

Link44
04-28-2005, 05:40 PM
well it seems like u have too much...so how about giving me some :rolleyes:

WARPED1
04-28-2005, 05:51 PM
I was talking to PGP from Jax Warriors. He said his whole team used 16000 rounds in thier one morning game. :)

Lohman446
04-28-2005, 06:35 PM
We are Platinum X and playing D3, good thing cause I was about to say "What are they playing D4 for??"

This is just a joke, there is no way in hell that I would use that much paint, this is paint for 3 of the 5 guys playing.

Are they playing the beach field? I hope not because that field is... 'lacking.'

And hey, dont say you'll beat us, we were pretty evenly matched last tourny, so it should be fun to play you guys this time. Wanna help a brotha out and let us know what teams we gotta worry about?(Any sandbagging?)

Randy did a pretty good about cutting off the sandbaggers from what I saw and yeh, he kicked us out of D4 once he realized who I had playing. A lot of D3 is going to be tough, I have my "sober" team together for this tournament anyways. I beleive you rolled us last tournament, but it was after lunch and we may have had one or two... :D . The beach field is going to be played... gods I hate the beach field. Its the only place we won last tournament though. Slower movement made our reactions better. They did expand the beach field a bit, I was there Monday night but did not get a chacne to play it. The airball field is awesome.. we staked it differently and in the 40MPH winds last week it was pretty stable.

The team I have going is the team that we dominated with at Chaos last year in Lansing, pretty good team if we can work together.

68magOwner
04-28-2005, 06:43 PM
I only carry my hopper and two pods on the field at tournies. I figure that if I can't finish a game against 3 people, my preferred format, with 480 rounds I need to get off the field anyway. Usually I only go through a hopper and get into one pod.

yeah, playing 3 man, i normally carry 3 pods on the field, and use 0-1 of them in an average game

FireITup14
04-28-2005, 06:46 PM
16000?!!!!? dear lord shooting at 15 bps constantly it would take you about 18 minutes to get rid of it.

Nobody077
04-28-2005, 06:54 PM
That would be about right if your playing back, I personaly have used 4 cases playing walk-on speed ball in a day. I could have used more but had to slow down cause I was running out of paint and money.

Now if your going to be playing X-Ball you may need some more, the only time I played X-ball I slung 1000rds a heat (gota love 114ci tanks)

WARPED1
04-28-2005, 06:54 PM
16000 five guys shooting.

gc82000
04-28-2005, 07:00 PM
In July Guam is having a big tourney that is said to have some Japan, Malaysian, and Philipine teams coming to play. I also think we are trying to finalize plans for Dynasty and DYe reps to come out and see the scene on Guam.

Quik lohman good luck in your tourney hop it is fun for you guys.

Lohman446
04-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks GC

Quik, what kind of paint is that. I shot some Karnage last week that I was extremely happy with. And the team I was told to be aware of was Cocknockers, dropping out of there unsuccessful attempt to play D2. D1 should be interesting to see, as part of Annex picked up little Randy and another player, maybe even be able to give Groundfire a run for there money. We snagged one of the Annex players to play with us.

tha flynnrod
04-28-2005, 07:48 PM
That would be about right if your playing back, I personaly have used 4 cases playing walk-on speed ball in a day. I could have used more but had to slow down cause I was running out of paint and money.

Now if your going to be playing X-Ball you may need some more, the only time I played X-ball I slung 1000rds a heat (gota love 114ci tanks)

does it take that much actually hit someone? and i thought wasting through 100 rounds on just trying to get one person out would be alot.

Maggot6
04-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I think you'll need a few more cases than that, noob.. :rolleyes: Haha

Lohman446
04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
does it take that much actually hit someone? and i thought wasting through 100 rounds on just trying to get one person out would be alot.

If I recall correctly one of the first place teams one time basically turned around and handed there $1000 in cash back to the promoter in paint. Entry was $250 and paint was $50 a case. They shot like 14 cases for the day.

WARPED1
04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Sometimes the back player just has to shoot to keep the other teams head down so thier own front players can move. The backman is the frontmans joystick.
I play back and usually shoot at least 500 rounds per game.

quik
04-28-2005, 08:32 PM
I think you'll need a few more cases than that, noob.. :rolleyes: Haha

:(

Lohman, whats the prizes for d3???(This paint is Draxxus Blaze)

Lohman446
04-28-2005, 08:51 PM
:(

Lohman, whats the prizes for d3???(This paint is Draxxus Blaze)

At one point the rumor was Ions.. but we couldn't get enough. Don;t quote me on this but last I knew D3 and 4 were having combined finals, with Piranhas going back to third place and possiblty hoppers and packs being included somewhere. I know that at retail the D3 and 4 prizes are about equal to the cash for D1 and 2. I tried again for Ions for first place, but I still don't think its happening, I expect Piranhas...

And if your running blaze we're taking corners and upfield on the break... that is bouncey stuff, at least what I have dealt with.

Nobody077
04-28-2005, 09:39 PM
If you play back you will learn that paint is your teams friend :D A back players main jobs are to call positions and to provide cover for the front men to move, this takes lots of paint at times. 1 good back player can hold a entire team, this means laying strings on many diffrent locations as quick as his finger and hopper can go. When I play back and get in a grove I will empty all my pods very quickly, often not even knowing im out untill I reach for a pod and there arnet any(then you dry fire and hope the sound keeps the other team down :D )

Lohman446, Im realy glad to hear that you liked the Karnage paint. I will be playing a scenerio game next month and that will be the supplied paint, I was worried it was going to be another junk "white box" brand

Lohman446
04-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Quik.. I was going to take the helicopter to the field... too bad its in the shop this week. Landing probably would have been a pain as crowded as it gets at tournaments. Dad had it on the field a couple weeks ago pics on Randy's sight http://colorspaintball.com. They expaned the beach field, now the lay down tubes in it are no longer centered crossways. Should prove interesting.

Lohman446
05-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't think you had paint covered for the tournament :D

I watched one game where four of your players dropped pods within the first twenty seconds.. that was a lot of paint.

quik
05-01-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't think you had paint covered for the tournament :D

I watched one game where four of your players dropped pods within the first twenty seconds.. that was a lot of paint.

Yeah it wasnt good for us. We had a lot of problems but still had a fun time. Although the only good refs were the hyperball. PSP refs are mean :cry:

Lohman446
05-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Yeah it wasnt good for us. We had a lot of problems but still had a fun time. Although the only good refs were the hyperball. PSP refs are mean :cry:

The ones on the close end of the field were SOO much nicer.

Far end of the field - pulled two players because one of my players was laning on the way to his bunker, got hit, and pulled the trigger three times more... Hey, but thats the rules so thats how it was

Had an unobivous hit on teh front of my pack - they pulled me, another player, and called a dead flag (I had hung it). I tried to tell them, if I knew the hit was there I would have wiped it off.. like duh :D

And of course the normal one of my teammates had to explode at the refs on the hyperball field, blow things out of proportion... our score that game -10 Again, all our fault

I couldn't get anything going today..

Great day though, I had a lot of fun, shot a lot of paint. As always.. BioHazard was the reffing team - even if they did assess us point penalties for one of my players mouths.

matmc89
05-01-2005, 08:39 PM
I didnt even use a case today in our tournament.....but we still won.

Lohman446
05-02-2005, 07:29 AM
We got destroyed at tournament with only three good games (out of seven). One we were playing in sand... I was sliding into my first bunker and there were already three of the other team walking off... I made my first bump and the other two were already gone... my backplayers were ON that game.

Makes up for the one game where ten seconds in we had lost three players

Edit: though there is one good thing... the way this field brackets the top two teams (in theory) move up a divison, the bottom two down for next touranment (though he often changes that if a team is "better" than moving down, or just not good enough to move up.. its all a judgement thing). If things hold true that means we can bump down a bracket next tournament :D