PDA

View Full Version : Centerflag 4CE discontinued?

temilotzin
04-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I heard the new Centerflag semi-adjustable tank 4CE has been taken off the market. Is this true? And if so why?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Jackel411
04-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Think about it.. do you honestly thing the AVERAGE paintballer knows that the tank needs to be completely de-gassed to change those springs... Doubtfull considering half the paintballer I see hardly know how to squeege a barrel

jenarelJAM
04-28-2005, 05:32 PM
temilotzin- i was going to buy a 4ce tank as well, and called them about it. they said that it is/was discontinued because of the carbon fiber shortage and that they can't get any more tanks(tanks, not regs, i think they have regs). you might be able to buy a reg from them though and stick it on some other tank. I just went and bought a flatline, from tuna. about the same price too.

Jackel411- uh, you actually don't need to de-gas the tank before changing mainsprings. the 4ce tank has a check-lock so it completely seals off the tank when working on the reg.

temilotzin
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Shortage on tanks? What’s that all about? Did they say if and when they are going to get more? So does this mean we will get 4CE systems eventually?

Thanks for the info.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-29-2005, 02:35 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169656

jenarelJAM
04-29-2005, 07:41 PM
at first, i talked to them and they said that they were expecting a shipment of tanks in a month(in about 2 weeks from now) then when i called back a second time hoping for more information, they said it had been put on hold "until they get more tanks" and "until the paintball community picks up again". the only part of the paintball community that is "down" as far as i know is that carbon fiber isnt being used to make tanks. if im not mistaken, thats why there aren't any 70 ci crossfire tanks circulating, because they cant get the carbon fiber to make new tanks.

edit- i wanted the tank because it had the simplicity of a preset with a semi-adjustbale interface. it was also reccommended to me by zak vetter. i had a bad experience with my nitro duck x-stream, and was trying to stay away from adjustbale tanks, but IMO you shouldn't wait for the 4ce. either stick with the tank you have now(if you have one) or if you let me know what type of gun you have, maybe i can help you find another hpa tank. i would reccommend the flatline for a mag, and a crossfire for most other things unless you need a lp tank. the flatline might work well for a lp setup as well, but i've heard that it works "best" between 700 psi and 1100 psi. i think that means that it recharges slower at a lower psi, but im not sure. either way, you should have an inline reg for a lp gun, so an adjustable tank shouldnt help or hinder.