PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Classifieds

SlartyBartFast
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Some Market Research:

What different sites are available? What sets them apart from others?

WARPIG, AO, and PBN all have For Sale/Trade and Dealer discussion groups, and Ebay has their offering.

However, I have always been disappointed in the discussion group formats as they are impossible to search and classify, and well Ebay sucks because nobody ships to Canada and the service is expensive.

Do you believe that a paintball classifieds site would be a good idea? With searches for prices, marker types, manufacturers, accessories?

How much would you be willing to pay for a listing, and how long would you expect the listing to stay available, if you were selling something? What services and features would you expect?

personman
04-28-2005, 04:50 PM
http://www.paintballclassifieds.com/

SlartyBartFast
04-28-2005, 04:59 PM
http://www.paintballclassifieds.com/

Not particularly user friendly...

GOt any details on what they charge? I really don't want to go through the hassle of logging on.

personman
04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
That's true. It isnt a very nice site.

Are you thinking of making one or something? That would be pretty cool...

SlartyBartFast
04-28-2005, 05:02 PM
That's true. It isnt a very nice site.

Are you thinking of making one or something? That would be pretty cool...

Well, I AM asking.... ;)

The subtitle was "market research" after all..... :ninja:

shartley
04-28-2005, 05:09 PM
The advantage of going to your favorite paintball forum to look for stuff is that you form relationships with the members. You can over time tell who is reliable and who is not, and usually those who are not don’t last long.

I would not be opposed to a single classified site, but I don’t think I would shop there.

johnson88
04-28-2005, 05:30 PM
The advantage of going to your favorite paintball forum to look for stuff is that you form relationships with the members. You can over time tell who is reliable and who is not, and usually those who are not don’t last long.

I would not be opposed to a single classified site, but I don’t think I would shop there.

Ya i can seee what your saying maybe if they had a site where all the site info at ur most used site would transfer like feedback number of posts and registration date etc.

WARPED1
04-28-2005, 05:54 PM
GOt any details on what they charge?Free

Sk8ermog
04-28-2005, 08:33 PM
http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/main.html

go to the bottom of my collection page to see a list of all the top buying/selling forums. I haven't updated some of the links so they might not work. I haven't added a few big ones like the tippmann forum yet, but it's a good list.

danheneise
04-28-2005, 10:28 PM
i bought my automag through paintballclassifieds.com and i thought it was pretty good saying that i got the mag for $200, which at the time was a steal. I think it's just about as good/bad as buying off off ebay.

cdacda13
04-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Ebay is great if your selling, My mag was worth about 170 and i got 300 for it. :headbang:
But they rape you on selling charges.

MarkM
04-29-2005, 04:02 AM
Ebay is great if your selling, My mag was worth about 170 and i got 300 for it. :headbang:
But they rape you on selling charges.

Yes ebay do charge a bit for selling but when you got an extra $130 for your mag why are you complaining? You made a huge profit even with the charges.

SlartyBartFast
04-29-2005, 07:42 AM

Good point. Ebay survives because it's a community of it's own (and due to it's sheer size).

But, if sellers wanted to use their reputation on popular websites, there would be nothing stopping them.

Seeing as all the popular boards are php and database based, I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible to partner with the websites and use them as portals to one classified listing site.

SlartyBartFast
04-29-2005, 07:43 AM
go to the bottom of my collection page to see a list of all the top buying/selling forums.

Thanks for the link.

SlartyBartFast
04-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Free

Really? The disclaimer talks about paid advertising. It might be free to register, but is it free to post a listing?

zeroack
04-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm with Shartley....I almost always post stuff for sale here FIRST. The class of people here are a cut above when it comes to trading and selling. I can say I've never been mistreated here by any one.

I also sell and trade in the Phantom's owners group. Again...great class of people. Selling or buying in a unknown area such as PBnation, Ebay or PBclassifides is just sometimes very upsetting.

If you've ever traded or sold around here you know what i'm talking about.

Zero

SteelSoul
04-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey here is a thought

The web site would be good but you could improve on the idea just a tad.
Why not make a program that would do a search of a list of f/s/t threads on a lot of diffrent websites. I'm not talking about PBN <<<<-----SIK GAT----->>>>> threads :dance:
If you spend some time and look around the other OG have good for sale area's
Look at POG's http://paintmagazine.com/phpBB2/, to bad that the same hackers that hit AO hit them and they lost data :cry:
Just make a program that data mines these sites and then make a web interface that any AO can use.
Could help the smaller OG get togeather and spread the good word on quality paintball players and gear.

Dang I shouldnt drink so much Monster :headbang:

SlartyBartFast
04-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm with Shartley....I almost always post stuff for sale here FIRST. The class of people here are a cut above when it comes to trading and selling. I can say I've never been mistreated here by any one.

I also sell and trade in the Phantom's owners group. Again...great class of people. Selling or buying in a unknown area such as PBnation, Ebay or PBclassifides is just sometimes very upsetting.

If you've ever traded or sold around here you know what i'm talking about.

Zero

Well, I was thinking a "common" trading zone accessed by each website would be an increadible idea. As a seller, you could chose which groups see your add and as a buyer you could choose which groups you wanted to view.

SlartyBartFast
04-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Why not make a program that would do a search of a list of f/s/t threads on a lot of diffrent websites.

That wouldn't be worth the trouble. There's no easy logic to the way the posts are made.

danheneise
04-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Really? The disclaimer talks about paid advertising. It might be free to register, but is it free to post a listing?

ah ok, all i did was buy from there so yeah that was free, but yeah, if you want to sell then you gotta pay