PDA

View Full Version : ULE RT not recharging very well.

Mer
04-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Added video of the problem: http://users.dls.net/~maier/ULEstick.MPG

Hi,

Not sure what the problem is.

Brand new ULE RT-Pro with X-Valve, Crossfire HPA, Level 10 w/2 shims, 1 case of paint through it.

When I pull the trigger it will fire but it takes about 1/4 - 1/2 second for the bolt to "click" forward again and reset. It will fire, the bolt will get pushed all the way back and then I can see and hear it move forward again about 1/16" to the "ready" position. If I try to pull the trigger to fast it will just not fire after about 2 - 3 shots.

Not sure where to start or where to look.

Thanks for any help.

Eric

MSN Messenger: maier@dls.net

Jman86
04-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Yeah, i had the same problem with mine almost straight out of the box. It may be that the bolt just needs a little oil. I oilled the bolt out side and the power tube and didnt have any trouble after that. i figured that it was just a friction problem. give that a try.

Mer
04-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Tried the oil thing. I knew that would be the first thing everyone said.

Let me ask you this, should the Retro Bumper have a slit all the way around the inside hole? Mine does and I was wondering if this could be getting pinched up in the bolt and holding it back.

Pullman
04-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Tried the oil thing. I knew that would be the first thing everyone said.

Let me ask you this, should the Retro Bumper have a slit all the way around the inside hole? Mine does and I was wondering if this could be getting pinched up in the bolt and holding it back.

The bumpers tend to get munged up cause they sorta get stuck to the bolt and ride up and down the power tube. If you use a little IC-2000 tire glue (ask at your local RC store they will know what you need) you can glue that down to the valve body and it should last a lot longer. Only use a tiny bit though and for heavens sake let it dry for a while before you stick it all back together. As for the reset thingy, have you tried turning up the velocity a little? It sounds like you don't have enough pressure. :)

Hope that helps,

Tunaman
04-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Either the carrier is too tight or the on/off is sticking. Try adding another shim too...until it leaks out the bolt...then take one out. As the carrier oring wears you may need to take another one out. Let us know. ;)

Mer
04-29-2005, 08:37 PM
It sounds and feels like the on off is sticking. What's the cure for that?

Here's a video of what it's doing:

http://users.dls.net/~maier/ULEstick.MPG

You can see when I release the trigger and hear and see the bolt reset about 1/2 second later. It's looking down the feed neck into the breech.

HELP!!

Mer
04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Let me start this post with a big thank you to Rogue. We've been on the phone for the last 2 hours going over everything and have finally gotten the marker to fire properly. It looks like I need an different on off pin length to use the standard on off assembly. We got the ULE trigger kit working so I now have a great firing marker. Rogue, you are a credit to the forums and a great guy to talk to. Thanks for the call and walking me through this problem.

Take Care,

Eric