PDA

View Full Version : Monsters in my Shop

mobsterboy
04-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I've created a monster....errr. well, its a MonsterMag, but just for fun, I'm gonna nickname it a FrankenMag

I started out with a AM/MM rail that i got way back in a deal with TheActionFigure, along with a badly scratched up Powerfeed Right body, and had the brilliant idea to make a CustomMag out of it.
3 weeks, 1 halo(traded egg[got egg for around 25] for a halo, then halo for something) and roughly $57, I had the beginnings of my own little monster
http://img254.echo.cx/img254/5315/frankenmag8gs.th.jpg (http://img254.echo.cx/my.php?image=frankenmag8gs.jpg)

So i decided to continue, and make a fool of myself. A $15 vert adapter here, some scrap parts(The asa i got in a trade)there, A little Custom Milling and Powdercoat of the Rail by Luke, fixing the bottomline threads, and pretty much dremelling whats left of the body, and I have what will appear at a later time, due to lack of camera

{Spot here saved for the updated FrankenMag Picture}

Then, I got the bright idea of painting it all. So, if anyones even interested, i am getting a Air Compressor powered paint sprayer and using the compressor and heat gun i currently have to spray paint this beast yellow, and will have "FrankenMag" in black on the side. I will also be spraying the gasthru yellow, prob with a "mist" of black"

Total Cost so far: [Existing parts, and trades for stuff i didn't need are FREEBIES!!!
*AM PF right Body-came in trade, so its a FREEBIE
*AM/MM RAIL-Also came in a trade, so its a FREEBIE
*Intelliframe-Got from TAF, $50
*Sear Assembly-Thanks to TUNAMAN(Tuna, your the man!!!) $7
*Chrome Vert Adapter-$15 from JackBauer
*Automag 68 Classic Valve- Traded for a Halo(got the valve, ult kit, and teardrop barrel) rough estimate for halo was 25, although it was in awesome condition) FREEBIE
*Twistlock SP Teardrop Barrel-trade FREEBIE
*Gas Thru-had already FREEBIE
*Custom Milling, Powdercoat of Rail-$50 from LUKE!!!
*Rethread of Intelli-$10 from LUKE!!!
*NIB AM/MM on/off Assembly-$10

Will be adding cost of paint soon, and more pics to come

Thanks for looking guys

jenarelJAM
04-29-2005, 08:51 PM
awesome post

nice marker there! it fires right? i only ask because i want to hear about how well it plays when you take it for a test run.

mobsterboy
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
oh yeah, forgot that

It fires great, testing it This sunday

MonsterMag
04-29-2005, 09:22 PM
I've created a monster....errr. well, its a MonsterMag,

Watch the name :D

mobsterboy
04-29-2005, 09:34 PM
lol
man, dont tell smartparts, they might get ideas

dang it too late, what with all these sp lovers around here [cough cough traitors cough cough]
sorry guys, i fell to the dark side, but im definitely loving my visioned imp with custom almost everything

I donno, is that a threat, like "man, i dont like you, you took my name" or more of a "yeah, name it monstermag, in honor of me!"

Cuz im still debating b/w monstermag (aptly named when you see the body, and the jagged teeth) and franken mag

mobsterboy
04-30-2005, 08:24 AM
well, pics, yeah, i donno when im gonna get them up, prob try to get TAF to take them tomorrow

Adrenaline_Junkie
04-30-2005, 10:16 AM
I beleieve another mag already goees by the name frankenmag and monstermag is, well, monstermags name. I think ya need to think of a new name.

mobsterboy
04-30-2005, 10:48 AM
how about TyrantMag? Any takens on that?

MonsterMag
04-30-2005, 10:59 AM
I dont think so :)

Adrenaline_Junkie
04-30-2005, 11:15 AM

That one will work :D

danheneise
04-30-2005, 06:10 PM
what about cutting out the red area in this pic....

http://danheneise.is-a-geek.com/frankenmag.jpg

mobsterboy
04-30-2005, 07:39 PM
ok, in answer to your question, i dont mess with the spots by the valve
I have pretty much cut off the max ammount already, as you will see in the new pic, and i really dont know how its held together, especially with the back part that the valve locks into gone, good screws i guess

and if any of you have noticed, no its not an optical illusion, the barrel tilts downward. Still need to put a shroud, or prop up of some sort. Its pretty nice though