PDA

View Full Version : What sealant do you use?

ghost068
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Ok,
My father doesnt believe that locktite threadlocker can be used to seal air fittings. I just want to know what you guys use.

Kevmaster
04-29-2005, 08:43 PM
it functions as thread sealer, however it is not intended to be thread sealer...

that said, i use blue loctite for all my fittings

RRfireblade
04-29-2005, 08:50 PM
545 locktite.

It does function as a thread sealer and it IS a thread sealer. ;)

Also, functions as a non perm thread locker but not intended to be a thread locker. :)

Funny thing about Locktite, that's the term everyone uses but there are dozens of application specific locktite branded products. Use the correct one and your golden.

Oh...

and color has little to do with it. :D

Chronobreak
04-29-2005, 08:52 PM
teflon generaly, if the fittings going to be staying for a prolonged period then loc tite blue or red

sidenote..dont send your gun to agd unles you want everything to come back with red loc-tite on it :D

nippinout
04-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Loctite 243 (http://www.loctite.com.au/int_henkel/loctite_us/index.cfm?pageid=428&layout=2/PRODUCTS/243.htm)

Warpig article (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loctite/index.shtml)

A new member of the Loctite® family is the 243 product, which is a dark blue or purple color. Advertised by Loctite® as being more oil tolerant than 242, and “self-priming,” this product will surely gain popularity in the Airsmith community. The Loctite® engineers tout this product as much more tolerant of dirty threads, especially when oily or lubricated, yet approximately the same strength as 242 which makes it perfectly suited to the Airsmith’s bench.

D-Block
04-29-2005, 09:50 PM
My blue loctite never seemed to work for me. Applied it three separate times to my gauge and it never held, wrapped it in teflon tape - problem solved.

BD_Paintball
04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
i use teflon tape on all mine

AGDlover
04-29-2005, 10:06 PM
i really guess its depending on the app. ex: I wont put loctite near my valve. I still prefere Teflon but i woudnt mind useing loctite on most every other fitting but at the moment i have tefflon on everything

Head knight of Ni
04-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Generic thread sealent with Teflon. It's pressure ressistant to 10,000 psi apparently.

temps
04-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Half my gun has red loctite thats how it came when I bought it. Half the gun has the tape, thats what the pro shop used to install stuff.. and Anything new I need to put on it, I picked up some blue loctite but have not used it yet.