PDA

View Full Version : Testing Emag battery...and other questions

punkncat
04-30-2005, 09:59 AM
I know this should be in the tech section, but need to find a solution fast....

Ok, so how do you test an Emag battery?

I have tested the voltage and it is running 17.2 VDC. Each individual battery in the pack is running between 1.22-1.25V.

I don't know how to test the Amperage output of the pack. I have a meter, but only get 0, or a -1 on the readout. I am certain this is from just not knowing the proper procedure to read the Amperage.

Here is the problem. I just got this Emag. When I got it, the electronics worked fine. It rapid fired no problem. All of a sudden the marker starts flashing "Low Batt" on the display. I took the battery and charged it. I ran it for a bit better than 8 hours. It was red the first few and then went green.
I put the pack back on the marker and it powers up just fine, and will fire rapidly the first few shots and then just fires about once a second. If you pull quickly on the trigger it doesn't respond, doesn't click at all, until you fire very slowly. After about a minute the screen starts flashing "Low Batt" again.

I don't understand what could cause this. I am getting sufficient voltage on a meter. As I said I don't know how to test the Amperage, and really don't know how to test the voltage under a load.
I hate to spend $40 on a new battery pack w/o knowing thats what is wrong, and also not knowing if there are any other factors that could cause this problem. All the wiring inside the marker looks sound. The board in ver 3.2 and powers up each time. The trigger pull is being read as displayed by the board in the menu. The solenoid is giving a good solid loud click each time it fires(when it does).

HELP! Anyone?

punkncat
04-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Awright off marker voltage, 17.4 after a full charge.

On board 16.7 at the solenoid. This drops to 13.4 at first and then down to 11 to a low point of 7V during rapid fire.

RRfireblade
05-01-2005, 08:23 AM
If your seeing that large a drop from a fresh charge to when the battery is 'under load' then the battery is no good.

You've already done the proper testing needed to verify that.

Let me know if you need a new one.