PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Music legally

RevBrown
04-30-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm goin legit. I am looking for a legal way to download music. What are some of the good services out there.

I know about Napster and Itunes. Is there any service out there that will allow unlimited downloads for a monthly fee?

Eagle
04-30-2005, 04:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken Napster does that

Kevmaster
04-30-2005, 04:57 PM
yeah, 95% sure Napster does

although I believe they're teathered in some way

Bluestrike_2
04-30-2005, 05:18 PM
No offense, but subscription services are the DUMBEST things I have ever heard of.

The moment you cancel service, you LOSE the ability to play those songs. Just go out and buy the CD. It is a tangible item, and you get the music in a MUCH higher quality when compared to ANY download. There is a HUGE difference in quality.

Jakedubbleya
04-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Real rhapsody is the best imo.

You can listen to any song any artist prety much (i love it since i play guitar, i need to hear the song lol) and if you want to buy it its a very discounted price per song as compared to say itunes. And yes, the songs are to keep.

davidb
05-01-2005, 01:22 AM
No offense, but subscription services are the DUMBEST things I have ever heard of.

The moment you cancel service, you LOSE the ability to play those songs. Just go out and buy the CD. It is a tangible item, and you get the music in a MUCH higher quality when compared to ANY download. There is a HUGE difference in quality.

Quoted for truth. If you have a decent ear, decent system, definitely just get the dang CD's.
Of course, whether or not the sound quality will matter or not will depend on what type of music you're into, so..... Idunno, I still say it's smarter to just buy CD's, unless you're just into specific songs rather than specific artists, in which case you should just buy the dang cd's anyway so you're not trapped into continually paying for low quality music!! :argh:

Target Practice
05-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Quoted for truth. If you have a decent ear, decent system, definitely just get the dang CD's.
Of course, whether or not the sound quality will matter or not will depend on what type of music you're into, so..... Idunno, I still say it's smarter to just buy CD's, unless you're just into specific songs rather than specific artists, in which case you should just buy the dang cd's anyway so you're not trapped into continually paying for low quality music!! :argh:

Listen to this guy.

Don't listen to me, though. I am an Internet Pirate. Yarr, damnit.

xXHavokXx
05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Id rather not pay $20 to find out half the Cd sucks. Plus i cant listen to the same person for a whole cd so i have to make mix CD's.

temps
05-03-2005, 11:02 PM
:argh:

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-03-2005, 11:13 PM
:argh:

SIGSays
05-03-2005, 11:19 PM
:argh: j/k

just get bearshare lite.. lol...
if it was really that illegal.... it would have been shut down by now....
look at the old napster and scour....
man.. i miss scour... i loved it to death...

Target Practice
05-03-2005, 11:54 PM
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: