PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro Camo Splash?

jaredborne
04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
I want a camo splash for my rt pro
Are there any? Or is there a place I can send my gun to get it done?

My marker is full of scratches so if Im gonna get them painted over... I would like it camo :)

Gumbe
04-30-2005, 10:55 PM
what body do you have you CANT paint stanless steal......

jaredborne
04-30-2005, 11:00 PM
dunno llolllll

crazywahoo135
04-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Paintballgear.com has a camo body kit for an RT Pro. I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but you should check it out. I'd link it, but I'm not sure how. Look under Parts and Accessories and then Mag stuff, and then under body kits. You might be able to use some of the parts.

frop
04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Why can't you paint SS? last I looked, its all in the priming.

Richter
05-01-2005, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=jaredborne]I want a camo splash for my rt pro
Are there any? Or is there a place I can send my gun to get it done?

here is my old camo splashed regular automag. The stock is not the same but a brown smart parts splash.

go to camo splash mag: 1.6 meg file (http://shanerichter.com/automag_pics/camomag.jpg)

mobius
05-01-2005, 02:40 AM
You can paint stainless, the only problem is that the finish will not be as durable as powdercoating or anodizing. Of course, we all know you can't ano stainless.

All of the aluminum parts could be anoed in a matching splash camo, but you'll still have a stainless body, unless you have that painted to match. And unless your painter is really good, I don't know how good that will look.

shartley
05-01-2005, 05:48 AM
You can paint stainless, the only problem is that the finish will not be as durable as powdercoating or anodizing. Of course, we all know you can't ano stainless.

All of the aluminum parts could be anoed in a matching splash camo, but you'll still have a stainless body, unless you have that painted to match. And unless your painter is really good, I don't know how good that will look.
It could all be powdercoated with a camo pattern (both the stainless and the aluminum). Powdercoating is, after all, painting. It is just done with an electrostatic process and heat melt and curing, VS the more traditional liquid processes we are most familiar with.

Heat cured auto paint would work well too.

People in paintball have gotten under the false impression that you have to have things either powdercoated or anodized or they will not hold up. But this is not always the case. It depends on how you treat your equipment, the prep work and application of the finish (read paintjob), and many other factors which will determine how the finish will hold up. And just because something IS powdercoated or annoed, it does not mean it will be a good finish either. Processes like nickel plating and such are not always durable either.

All the options folks have for painting ANY metal object are still available to them, the fact that it is for a paintball marker does not suddenly disqualify it. Like I have said about many other things concerning paintball… Paintball does not live in its own universe outside the laws of the one we walk around in every day. ;)

frop
05-02-2005, 12:35 AM
^^ That's what I thought. I knew this useless auto knowledge would come in handy one day. :)

PS- It's some much harder to type when drunk :(