PDA

View Full Version : Diff between Xvalve and R/T

Asian_Sensation
05-01-2005, 11:17 AM
hi guys, whats the difference between the Xvalve and th R/T valve? besides the x is cooler looking and lighter?

also whats up with the emag valve?!?!?!

Dayspring
05-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Essentially they are the same in performance and function.

The original RT valve took its air in through the bottom of the valve in the banjo bolt. The ReTro, Emag, RT Pro, Xvalve all take it in the side like the A.I.R. valves did.

Essentially, the only difference (aside from the Xvalve being lighter and all aluminum) is the laser engraving.

Asian_Sensation
05-01-2005, 12:21 PM
k awesome thanks! so does that mena the emag valve works like a r/t valve?!!??!

Link44
05-01-2005, 12:21 PM
and it comes in different colors :dance:

shartley
05-01-2005, 12:38 PM
k awesome thanks! so does that mena the emag valve works like a r/t valve?!!??!
Like he said (Dayspring).... they are the SAME valve. The difference between the E-Mag and the RTPro is the E-Mag has an electronic sear tripping grip frame (that allows for electronic, manual, and duel forms of sear tripping). The valves are the same.

TheTramp
05-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Like he said (Dayspring).... they are the SAME valve. The difference between the E-Mag and the RTPro is the E-Mag has an electronic sear tripping grip frame (that allows for electronic, manual, and duel forms of sear tripping). The valves are the same.

With a slightly diferent length on/off pin depending on which gun it's going into.

shartley
05-01-2005, 01:18 PM
With a slightly diferent length on/off pin depending on which gun it's going into.
The length of the pin does not change the "valve". ;)

onedude36
05-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Some say(Z-man I think) that the stainless steel valves give a little bit more reactivity. This has not been proven though to my knowledge. :D

Eric Cartman
05-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Some say(Z-man I think) that the stainless steel valves give a little bit more reactivity. This has not been proven though to my knowledge. :D

Actually TK himself confirmed this IIRC.

shartley
05-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Actually TK himself confirmed this IIRC.How did he “confirm” it? By saying so, or by actually posting proof?

Chronobreak
05-01-2005, 04:55 PM
that was something that was NEVER proven to my knowlege,only speculation based on the composition and proporties of the materials(alum and SS)

however the classic RT's were more reactive due to a longer on/off chamber if im not mistaken

otherwise an rt and x-valve are essentialy the same valves - a few minor diff in air routings inside the vlave due to the use of alum in x-valves.

frontrunner
05-01-2005, 05:34 PM
AGD john told me the x-valve is just a bit lighter then the RT at cup last year

Asian_Sensation
05-01-2005, 06:03 PM
wow thanx to all. this was a lot of help. anyone selling a r/t valve??!?! lol

TheTramp
05-02-2005, 08:24 AM
The length of the pin does not change the "valve". ;)

That's true I guess, if a little pedantic as it is part of the "valve" and does significatly change the reactivity. ;)

Dayspring
05-02-2005, 08:40 AM
It only changes reactivity based on the rail the valve is being used on. So the rail actually will dictate where the reactivity band will fall.

TheTramp
05-02-2005, 08:44 AM
It only changes reactivity based on the rail the valve is being used on. So the rail actually will dictate where the reactivity band will fall.

So If I'm using an E-mag/RT rail and put the different length pins into my E-Mag valve it wont change?

Dayspring
05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
The rail will set your range to how much pin you can use. If you use a classic rail, there's a certain range of on/off pins you can use before the gun goes completely full auto or doesn't fire at all. The same goes for the RT Pro/Emag rail.

Asian_Sensation
05-02-2005, 12:01 PM
so i guess the question is what do you guys prefer more?!?! RT, X, or E???

Mer
05-02-2005, 12:46 PM
The X comes with the level 10 but the RT didn't right?

Eric

shartley
05-02-2005, 02:50 PM
The X comes with the level 10 but the RT didn't right?

Eric
Right.

Eric Cartman
05-02-2005, 03:04 PM
How did he “confirm” it? By saying so, or by actually posting proof?

This is what I'm referring to:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1527814#post1527814
So he said it. He did not offer proof. I'm inclined to take his word for it, but that's just me. I wouldn't consider it to be much of an issue as my X valve is plenty reactive.

shartley
05-02-2005, 03:11 PM
This is what I'm referring to:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1527814#post1527814
So he said it. He did not offer proof. I'm inclined to take his word for it, but that's just me. I wouldn't consider it to be much of an issue as my X valve is plenty reactive.
Thanks, that clears it up… no proof was offered.

And Tom himself has always been a “show me proof” guy with everyone else, so the same standards should apply to him as well. This is not about taking his word or not, it is about holding him to his own standards. If anyone simply says “Tom Kaye said it, so it must be true.” they are going against everything Tom himself has pushed on AO about “proof” and products.

But again, thanks.