PDA

View Full Version : Copy Cat

Vex
05-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Does anyone else think that this Redz pack looks an awful lot like the JT Slam Pack? I like my JT pack a lot--it works really well for me :headbang:
http://www2.888paintball.com/product/large/6707.jpg
http://www.piratepaintball.com/media/jtslampack2.gif

1977FordBronco
05-02-2005, 12:57 AM
dont most vertical packs look the same?

CrimsonGhost
05-02-2005, 05:26 AM
Yes they look the same...but so what? Almost ALL packs look the same now.
Reds can use different size belts though.

Vex
05-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Yes they look the same...but so what? Almost ALL packs look the same now.
Well, it's just that this design is a little more unique than the typical pack. So to see Redz make one exactly like JT must mean that they think it's a decent design. That's good for JT, even though they probably don't make the Slam Pack anymore. Oh well.

shartley
05-02-2005, 06:21 AM
And do folks think all these companies make everything themselves in-house? Not saying this is the case with this product, but the reason a good many products look almost identical minus small changes and logos is that they are made in the same facilities by companies set up to mass produce that particular type of product. I can’t tell you how many times I have been contacted by companies who want to mass produce podpacks, gloves, and other paintball products for me…. with whatever changes I want and the addition of my logo on them.

Vex
05-02-2005, 06:44 AM
And do folks think all these companies make everything themselves in-house? Not saying this is the case with this product, but the reason a good many products look almost identical minus small changes and logos is that they are made in the same facilities by companies set up to mass produce that particular type of product. I can’t tell you how many times I have been contacted by companies who want to mass produce podpacks, gloves, and other paintball products for me…. with whatever changes I want and the addition of my logo on them.
You're right. I just happened across the Redz pack and I thought that it looked like the JT pack--which is unique in the world of packs, but definitely not one of a kind; anymore!