PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build a field, willing to put cash into it...what can I get?

hobbesTZ
05-02-2005, 10:22 AM
It doesn't need top be pretty, but portability is what we need. So I was thinking barrels, we can stack and unstack those as needed, the problem is finding them at a reasonable price. We're not going to put too much cash into it, so were not gonna buy any airball bunkers or anything.

Anyone have recomendations?

Creative Mayhem
05-02-2005, 10:27 AM
There is soo many things to use. Most of which you can get easily.

plywood, tires, logs etc... Heck you could dig trenches and have trench battles if thats your thing.. ;)

frop
05-02-2005, 10:36 AM
^^ Plus, little kids make hella good periscopes! :rofl: :rofl:

sbpyro
05-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Depending on where you are
If there is a www.craigslist.org location close by
then look in their free section.

Seen some desks, file cabinents etc for free

Maggot6
05-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Plywood... That seems to be the cheapest and best, make any size you need..

Chronobreak
05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Plywood... That seems to be the cheapest and best, make any size you need..

construction yard dupsters are a GOLD MINE!

but yeah anythign that will stop a paintball repeatedly can be used....although uniform and ncie bunkers do look ncier ;)

my2crazyeyes
05-02-2005, 04:04 PM
When I was building my field I went to a local automotive shop (not one of the big name places) and asked them if we could take a few truck load of tires off their hands, since they had to pay to have them hauled off they were more than happy to give them to us. Might be worth a try...

Hope this helps,

-Chris

jaredborne
05-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Im lucky.

I live way down south... shipyards about about 30-45 minutes away so I can get all the barrels I want

hobbesTZ
05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
I need something really portable, and isn't ply wood expensive? We'd have to have trees to stack it against. Portability is a requirement since we don't have anywhere we can leave it.

FreakBaller12
05-02-2005, 04:23 PM
try trash cans, they should be cheap at the local wal*mart and you can use the lids as ref shields ;)

gortman44
05-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Alright my team and i are building a snap box/mini feild in my back yard. the dimensions are 65*35feet. But anyways we just spent 800 bucks to cover it all with turf and i dont think you want to do that but what we did do that was cheap was the bunkers and they look kick *** and like sup's. What we did was use pvc(cheap and light), made the frames and then rapped tarp over it. works really well. we havent actually shot any paintballs against it but im pretty sure it will hold up. Do any of you know if tarp will hold up? I do think so though. WE are looking at 15-20 bucks a bunker. It all depends on how much you spend on the tarp. COSTCO has it really cheap. But there you go.......... Oh and if noise is gonna be a problem do not use the tarp, im afraid it is gonna be really loud and i live in the city.

jaredborne
05-02-2005, 04:32 PM
A tarp will hold up for a while. As long as you dont leave it out in the sun everyday. Tarps are strong but the sun/water will put so much wear on them they will rot

tony3
05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
We used tarps on our old ghetto field, help up fine.

One another homemade field we made which was actually really nice, we got plywood boards and door hinges. Screw door hinges onto the board then attach 2x4's to the hinges, then a chain to the 2x4 and then to the bunker so it wont fall over. They were very solid bunkers.