PDA

View Full Version : Which one should a poor pballer get?

OneEyedPimp
05-02-2005, 06:01 PM
I am considering getting a "Tournament" level gun and I have come down to two guns. I know this is an AGD forum, but you guys are nicer than the people at PBnation.

So anyway, I am considering a E-mag(or X-mag) or a AKA Viking. Since theses are both pretty much outof production, I will only have enough money for one in the forseeable future. So I was wondering, would you recommend the e-mag over the viking? Sorry if this has been asked. I did do a search of the forum.

:mad: And remember, I am flame friendly.

MonsterMag
05-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Emags ripp hardcore
Get one :)

Maggot6
05-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, both are AMAZING, I repeat AMAZING guns..Both are extremely fast..The emag obviously has lower profile, but the viking has extreme efficiency... That is all I can really say to help you,

yakitori
05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
defintely the viking. As long as it has eyes. Youll rock it hardcore. Take it from someone who knows. Emags are nice, but the viking performs better by far. Viking> emag

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0254.jpg

Codekevin0403
05-02-2005, 06:14 PM
emags look cooler

don't actually consider that as a factor of your choice obviously. I just thought i would say it first.

Kevmaster
05-02-2005, 06:15 PM
AKA and AGD both make great guns. They really do.

I personally use an X and love it to death. The LX bolt, the short magnetic trigger, the lightness of it, the size, warp-a-bility....everything. Its my favorite gun. That said, there are thousands of satisfied viking users too.

if those aer your two choices, you really can't go wrong

D-Block
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
you really can't go wrong

Yep..

yakitori
05-02-2005, 06:23 PM
The only way I would go w/ the emag is for price. You can find a used emag for around 500 bucks or so. I got my viking for 650 w/ eyes and WAS and Ive now got it upped as much as I want to. I pumped more into my emag and I feel it never wouldve gotten to the point that my viking is now. The viking is quieter, less recoil, better anitchop system, just as if not more reliable, very nicely built, about the same weight, more consistent, faster, better boards, accurate as all, way more efficient. If you cannot afford the extra cash, then go w/ the emag, but honestly I would save up about 100 or so more bucks for what you are getting. Go w/ the viking bro, you wont regret it.

gc82000
05-02-2005, 06:39 PM
you are not a poor baller if those are your choices. :p

Instead of a e-mag why dont you try for an x-mag.

xXHavokXx
05-02-2005, 06:42 PM
emags rock but for me personally it's alot easier to rip on a viking.

kurama
05-02-2005, 07:09 PM
I've used and shot both many times. They both have their advantages and disadvantages with equal out to a neutral ground. Then the Viking is 1000x more air efficient, which put it ontop of the emag in my books. Still, they're both great. If size isn't a factor (they are by no means heavy), the viking would be the best.

68magOwner
05-02-2005, 07:27 PM
defintely the viking. As long as it has eyes. Youll rock it hardcore. Take it from someone who knows. Emags are nice, but the viking performs better by far. Viking> emag

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0254.jpg

Listen to this guy, and its even more enforced by the fact that he has a really nice emag, and a so-so viking as the pics shows, i use my viking over any marker avaliable today.

mag88888
05-02-2005, 07:45 PM
your poor??????!!!!!!!

barrel break
05-02-2005, 07:50 PM
You don't count as poor, I'm a poor baller. Poor is, an evo or an ion?

anyway, I'd go the viking road myself, as long as it's got eyes.

player4
05-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I had the same decision, and I choose the AKALMP Viking.

Here is why:

Viking

-faster than any e-mag
-almost twice as air effecient
-basically the same weight
-as reliable as an automag
-eye's are included (assuming that you buy a new one)
-less kick (if that even matters to you)

E-mag

-smaller
-maybe a more well thought out trigger, but the Viking's trigger is not bad

I might be wrong/missing some things. Please correct me if I am wrong, seriously.

trevorjk
05-02-2005, 07:51 PM
your poor??????!!!!!!!

damn i wish i was his poor :cry:

mag88888
05-02-2005, 07:56 PM
me too, i hear yall! but i look at as "every lawn i do = some $ towards balling, or accessories or whatever" if i need a $100 thing then i look at as 5 lawns. not too hard to come by.........

yakitori
05-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Listen to this guy, and its even more enforced by the fact that he has a really nice emag, and a so-so viking as the pics shows, i use my viking over any marker avaliable today.

it was so so then. It looks a lot better now although its not milled. Milled viking look nice, but wont perform any different. :D.

That emag had all I could possibly put on it. Xvalve, fireblade trigger, Tunapak, karta body, Rogue feedneck. I liked the emag a lot dont get me wrong, but Id still take a viking over the emag anyday. Its just an all around better gun. Here is my viking now. Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to help convince the guy what would be better. And ya, you arent poor if those are your choices.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0289.jpg

mag88888
05-02-2005, 08:24 PM
im poor. help me decide between a angel G7 and a Nexxus cocker.........

OneEyedPimp
05-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Regarding the poor comment, I am going to have to not go paintballing for 3-5 months in order to get one.

minimag03
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Viking > Emag

I had a choice once between the two. I got the Viking and never looked back :) .

pointm@n
05-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I have to agree that the Viking is greater than the emag. I had a very nice emag which I sold to finance my 04 viking. I did like the trigger crispness in the emag and the HES was awesome. But the Viking seems to have considerable less kick, more air efficient and its a hell of a lot faster without having to bounce off the RT effect.

BlackWeenie
05-03-2005, 02:53 PM
viking viking, omg definately viking. i used to own an emag and have used vikings for numerous days of play and from my experience i am behind AKA 100% on this one. to be honest i really hated my emag... anyways, if youre not going to be able to play for a couple months after you buy this, why dont you wait til the off season to purchase it? (assuming your location has an off season of course)

Ken
05-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Viking and that's coming from a former e-mag owner

matmc89
05-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I've owned every gun from 05 speeds, alias, impulses, ir3's, mags, unmilled vikings, and shockers....the viking is by FAR the best gun ive used. Get the viking. You won't regret it.

CrimsonTurkey
05-03-2005, 05:01 PM
me too, i hear yall! but i look at as "every lawn i do = some $ towards balling, or accessories or whatever" if i need a $100 thing then i look at as 5 lawns. not too hard to come by.........

I'm in Arizona... I hate you people.

Target Practice
05-03-2005, 05:02 PM
A poor paintballer?

How about a cheaper hobby.

OneEyedPimp
05-03-2005, 05:20 PM
viking viking, omg definately viking. i used to own an emag and have used vikings for numerous days of play and from my experience i am behind AKA 100% on this one. to be honest i really hated my emag... anyways, if youre not going to be able to play for a couple months after you buy this, why dont you wait til the off season to purchase it? (assuming your location has an off season of course)

Thats the thing, there is no off-season in Southern California so this is going to be a big descision for me. I have pretty much decided on the viking, so thank you for all of your opinions and info.

yakitori
05-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Thats the thing, there is no off-season in Southern California so this is going to be a big descision for me. I have pretty much decided on the viking, so thank you for all of your opinions and info.

you will be glad you made that decision. If you ever need any help w/ it, PM me or go to www.akaowners.org or go to the AKA forum on PBN. PPl are very nice there.

Carbon
05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
poor piantballers need to get a job! :D

OneEyedPimp
05-03-2005, 07:39 PM
poor piantballers need to get a job! :D

Its amazing how a new gun will give someone that motivation. ;)

Teamslayer76
05-03-2005, 08:38 PM
AKA and AGD both make great guns. They really do.
you really can't go wrong

QTF :ninja:

yakitori
05-04-2005, 06:27 AM
QTF :ninja:

Quoted tor fruth. :p

a poor paintballer should get an Ion. shoulda said that earlier, but you seem to be liking vikings or emags.

frontrunner
05-04-2005, 07:28 AM
you rock your so in my shoes i just got a better job and now i get paid like a 21 year old instead of just a 16, i'm gonna have to work some work some OT next month and i was considering AKA, Emang or maybe even stepin up to a devil mag. but i'm alittle gun shy since the most i ever spent on a gun was 200 the though of droping 700 or 800 on just a gun is spooky and there are alot of good markers in the range I play about 3 time a month and ther is not off season here either so we never stop so thnks for asking so i didn't have to

yakitori
05-04-2005, 07:33 AM
you rock your so in my shoes i just got a better job and now i get paid like a 21 year old instead of just a 16, i'm gonna have to work some work some OT next month and i was considering AKA, Emang or maybe even stepin up to a devil mag. but i'm alittle gun shy since the most i ever spent on a gun was 200 the though of droping 700 or 800 on just a gun is spooky and there are alot of good markers in the range I play about 3 time a month and ther is not off season here either so we never stop so thnks for asking so i didn't have to

You got the order wrong (except for price). Its more like Emag < Devilmag < Viking.