05-02-2005, 09:29 PM
What ever happened to him?

CaptaiN_JacK
05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
What ever happened to him?

None of his "prophecies" came true...

Warewolf50
05-02-2005, 09:57 PM
i read bout that yesterday, pretty cool idea.

Jakedubbleya
05-03-2005, 01:11 AM
http://web.mit.edu/adorai//timetraveler/

I think it's awesome.

DEY TERK ER JERBS! :mad: :mad:

And if i was some million-years-from-now future guy, id realize that crushing a dandelion in 2000ad would probably mean i wouldnt exist. So chances are, i wouldnt go back in time, just me though.

lopxtc
05-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Actually a couple did ...

1 -- That CERN would release a paper on mini-black holes that he said were used to power his machine.
2 -- CJD (Mad-Cow) would come to the US.
3 -- The IBM 5100 machine containing undocument abilites was admited to by several former IBM tech people.
4 -- The second war in Iraq over WMD's

Okay granted #4 anyone could have guessed at really since I dont believe he ever really gave a set date for that one.

His big one though has yet to see the light of day although he has a couple more months on it ... and that is the second civil war in the US startiing sometime in 2004/2005, between rural and urban cities/governments.

Some decent compiled info on all of it -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

**EDIT**

Also lets not forget that his use of the "Many Worlds" theory makes for an easy scapegoat as to why something he said "might" happen never did happen.

Fake or not, the person who put this together had a brain and probably spent some serious amount of time researching everything.

Aaron

None of his "prophecies" came true...

nippinout
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I was there next year. They had great snacks.

MrWallen
05-04-2005, 01:24 AM
I was there next year. They had great snacks.

lol.

interesting idea, though i doubt anything will happen.

or maybe people from the future will show up, but they will be disguised as people from our time, and so no one will recognize them, and everyone will think it was a failure, when really it'll become a big joke in the future.

Target Practice
05-04-2005, 01:26 AM
If it's a time travelers convention...do they only have one?

Vex
05-04-2005, 01:33 AM
If it's a time travelers convention...do they only have one?
If you had read about it in the link, you would know the answer to your question--then you wouldn't have made me waste my time replying to your post. Now I'll be late for the convention. I guess I'll have to go back a few minutes earlier than I planned. :D

Yes, they are only having one convention.

nippinout
05-04-2005, 01:38 AM
Yes, they are only having one convention.

They played a trick on you. The convention this week is actually the second one. The first convention was held on 2134 AD.

Vex
05-04-2005, 01:50 AM
They played a trick on you. The convention this week is actually the second one. The first convention was held on 2134 AD.
Well, it's the first one in our lifetime--unless you've traveled to the one in 2134; which I might do just before I go to this one, just to see if it's better.