PDA

View Full Version : Minimag help?

lex52087
05-02-2005, 07:12 PM
ok so i have a minimag, and im a rec ball player so accuracy/quietness are important to me. The mag is a little on the loud side and i would like to make it as quiet as possible with out sacraficing accuaracy or range. and I have a budget of 150$
soo....just let me know of some ideas!
oh yeah and its all stock right now...(8" barrel)

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-02-2005, 07:17 PM
The only thing that will help the loudness of your mag would be a decent barrel. The stock 8 in. is crap. Youll get much better accuracy, range and stuff with a better barrel and it will quiet it down a little as well. Since you have $150 id say buy a good barrel or kit for around 100 and use the rest on a LX kit so you dont ever chop.

lex52087
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
yeah i am leaning toward a boomstick....also there is a barrel adapter out there, but its pretty expensive, would it be worth getting that and a stiffi or JR3 barrel...it would be around 150$ but i dont know...i would only do it if it was really worth it

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-02-2005, 07:42 PM
If you get an adpater get a cocker thread adapter. That is the most commen barrel thread type so if you ever decide to up you mag to say a ULE body the barrels will fit it. A stiffi is def worth it. BTW, most barrels with the mag twistlock style "threading" dont cost much at all. I know a lot of places put blowout sales on them after the ULE body came out and nobody really bought twistlock barrels anymore.