PDA

View Full Version : x-stream not enough

jdaniels
05-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi guys I have had my nitroduck adj. tank for about 6 months now, and its just not enough to get trigger bounce. Every once in a while it would fire maybe 2 or 3 times. Over the weekend I hooked up my tac one to my scuba tank and watched it go crazy. I want that with a smaller tank. Do I need a max or dyna flow to have it do this. My nitro duck will do about 900 on the gague, but I am not sure thats right. Is there anyway I can raise this limit or do I need to get a new tank.

thanks
jonathan

punkncat
05-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I am really not sure what to say to that....
...you do realize that the pressure coming off your scuba is unregulated at, well at whatever was left in the tank. So of course your RT was going mad, kinda like watching whats his name from California(I know he is going to kill me for forgetting his name) ....I mean in sounds great, but is really bad for your reg.

No tank is going to give you that much reactivity, and honestly I hope the field you play wouldn't allow it either. Adjustable tanks generally will help you find the best sweetspot. I have heard of people modifying on/off pin length, but wouldn't suggest it. Generally leads to the purchase of a new pin....

jdaniels
05-02-2005, 10:21 PM
I know it was unregulated, but it was the first I have gotten any reactivity out of my valve. (it was zman) I was hoping someone would post who has gotten an xstream to provide some bounce. I love the gun and it fires plenty fast for me. I just want to show the tippmann guys whats up.

tipp-ed off
05-02-2005, 10:37 PM
I instantly noticed a differance after I went Dynaflow. I can either walk hella fast or lightly touch the trigger for super bouncy reactivity. Its such a sweet feeling trigger with my Viper and ULT. Im running a little bit over 1000Psi. :)

jenarelJAM
05-02-2005, 10:45 PM
ok,first i have to say that i know EXACTLY what yor going thru. i bought a x-stream so that i could rapid fire, and it wouldnt work, so after about a month, alot of lost cash, and a lot of frustration and sadness, i finally returned it and bought a flatline from tunaman. i just got it today in the mail and havent goten a chance to fill it up yet, but i'll be filling it up tomorrow at the local scuba shop (for like $5 :cry: ) and will let you know how it works when i crank the pressure up to the maximum 1200 psi output.
check out www.zakvetter.com for all his rapid-fireing tech stuff, vids, and reccommended tanks.

teufelhunden
05-02-2005, 11:01 PM
How does it go again? You get what you pay for?

jdaniels
05-02-2005, 11:07 PM
hey now. the tank was like $233. I think it works well, it just does not provide much bounce for my tac one.

Gunga
05-02-2005, 11:07 PM

No...it goes that bounce is a malfunction, not a feature. :rolleyes:

teufelhunden
05-02-2005, 11:40 PM
No...it goes that bounce is a malfunction, not a feature. :rolleyes:

Wait, I thought one shot, one pull only applied to those dirty cheating electros?

FlawleZ
05-03-2005, 12:29 AM
I too bought an X-Stream hoping for that magical rapid fire but it never happened. I had a classic RT and I think I got it to bounce maybe once or twice. NOW, there's a cheap way and expensive way to fix this.

Warning: Modification to part of the valve assembly is NOT reccommended and is detrimental to your gun's safe and efficient operation. Do this at your own risk.

Cheap Way: Take the On/Off pin and VERY lightly trim it down (we're talking just milimeters). Start in baby steps as you don't want to cut down too much otherwise your gun will ONLY rapidfire. Reinsert the pin and gas the gun up and see how the trigger feels. You should be able to tune your mag for rapid fire when you want it and legal operation when you need it.

Expensive Way: Buy a New Tank. ;(

mag88888
05-03-2005, 02:39 PM
i recommend and air america apocaypse 2k, very nice, light, adjusstbale, 200-1000, some are 200-1200 psi. i like mine.....

Lohman446
05-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Wait, I thought one shot, one pull only applied to those dirty cheating electros?

Nope.. its only cheating if its not a mag :D

gc82000
05-03-2005, 06:30 PM

Only if you ramp or got bounce and doing that is like masturbating with a horny model in the room. :tard: We all know doing the intended way is so much better and much more satisfying. :D

warbeak2099
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM

That really doesn't apply since it's a Nitro Duck. They're pretty high quality tanks/regs. If it was a system x or something, then yeah that would make sense. Just because it won't allow you to bounce doesn't mean it's low quality. They still have very high recharge rates, quality built parts, and are pretty reliable. And they aren't exactly cheap as previously stated. You do get what you pay for, but in the case of a Nitro Duck, that's a good thing.

StygShore
05-03-2005, 08:11 PM
The origianl X-stream tanks were supposed to be regulated max pressure around 900 or 950.

The ones that actually went out the door were more around the 800 range ( if that ) The manufacturer actually told me they lowered the pressure because the tanks recharged so fast, they didnt need that much output.

I talked to them for about 3-4 weeks just trying to get the heavier spring, especially for those here on AO, but nothing ever came of it, I never got a spring, and they quit responding to emails. I ended up selling the tank off, and getting a Xfire high pressure. I have not had problems, and they are relatively local to me, and at every biog event, so if I do have a proble, they take care of me.

Styg