PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe reliability - what should I do?!

shorty24
05-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I got a Hyperframe about 4mo ago, and it hasn't worked properly since I bought it. Nobody sells them anymore, so I had to order it from Centerflag in Chicago. I've brought it back to the shop 3 times already, and it still doesn't work right. First of all, right out of the box, it had been programmed wrong (I'm not sure what the numbers mean, something to do with energy use I think), and the first two sets of numbers, instead of being 02 and 05 were 50 and 20 (I think it was held upside down when it was programmed). I'm not sure what kind of difference that would make, but that's what Centerflag told me it should be set at. Second, the microswitch had a terrible soldering job, and when I opened it up to replace a battery, the wire fell right off. So I soldered it back on...no big deal, right? Well, the biggest thing is, it only shoots about 1000 shots every time I gas it up, and then it just quits. VERY not cool when this happened to me in my tourney last month! So back it went...turns out the servo that trips the sear was not held down very tight. So I tightened up some screws, and it seemed to work. FINALLY, I thought it was fixed...well, it just did the same thing again last Friday. WTF?!?! If the thing had to be special ordered, and assembled, you would think it would work out of the box, right! Does anyone out there have any suggestions about what the problem is caused by, or what I should do with it? I LOVE the hyperframe...when it works :mad: , and I'd really like to keep it and get it working again. Please help!!!!

SummaryJudgement
05-03-2005, 06:38 PM
ummm....uhhhh...replace it. It sounds like it's cursed. I understand you may love it, but there's good frames out there. And ask yourself if it's worth the frustration anymore. Just my opinion.

Chronobreak
05-03-2005, 06:44 PM
do you have a ult or hyperframe on off?

also if the front and rear frame screws are the same tightness it might have problems

warbeak2099
05-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Or get in contact with centerflag. They can most likely help you. They usually have pretty good customer service.

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Ive owned two hyperframes, one caused me a never ending chain of problems and the other one worked for a while then died, so i got a new board and it worked great then i sold it. From my personal experiences they are very problematic. My board was messed up and then my noid went out and a whole slew of other probs.

Creative Mayhem
05-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Your best bet would be to contact Centerflag themselves. Dennis will look after yah, he's good people :D

If worse comes to worse, you could have that frame converted to a Devilmag frame, and rip it up even more. :cool:

GA Devil
05-03-2005, 08:25 PM
I got a Hyperframe about 4mo ago, and it hasn't worked properly since I bought it. Nobody sells them anymore, so I had to order it from Centerflag in Chicago. I've brought it back to the shop 3 times already, and it still doesn't work right. First of all, right out of the box, it had been programmed wrong (I'm not sure what the numbers mean, something to do with energy use I think), and the first two sets of numbers, instead of being 02 and 05 were 50 and 20 (I think it was held upside down when it was programmed). I'm not sure what kind of difference that would make, but that's what Centerflag told me it should be set at. Second, the microswitch had a terrible soldering job, and when I opened it up to replace a battery, the wire fell right off. So I soldered it back on...no big deal, right? Well, the biggest thing is, it only shoots about 1000 shots every time I gas it up, and then it just quits. VERY not cool when this happened to me in my tourney last month! So back it went...turns out the servo that trips the sear was not held down very tight. So I tightened up some screws, and it seemed to work. FINALLY, I thought it was fixed...well, it just did the same thing again last Friday. WTF?!?! If the thing had to be special ordered, and assembled, you would think it would work out of the box, right! Does anyone out there have any suggestions about what the problem is caused by, or what I should do with it? I LOVE the hyperframe...when it works :mad: , and I'd really like to keep it and get it working again. Please help!!!!

so now your issue is after about 1000 shots it just quits? Your solenoid screws are loosening? or just not getting what you should out of the battery? If its the screws loosening, honestly the only fix i found for those was some blue locktite and letting it set up over night. if your not getting the battery life (more then 1000 shots) you may have a bad capacitor (the barrel lookign thing mounted to the top of the board) which is easy to fix. If I have missed th eproblem all together let me know what it is and ill do what i can to help ya Ive worked on alot that didnt work when they came to me.

shorty24
05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
All good ideas, thanx! Here goes:
The problem is not the battery. The batteries are still pretty much fully charged when I tested them on other things, and I replaced them all the time just to be sure.

I don't want to sell it, cuz it cost $300...the most expensive part on my mag.

Yes, it came with a special on/off, which I installed properly on my Retro Valve (you only replace the pin and an oring in this valve)

What's this about converting it to Devilmag? Sorry, but I don't know much about newer mags. How much would it cost? This sounds interesting... :rolleyes: .

I have talked to SOMEONE at centerflag...that's how I knew to reprogram it, etc. They WERE very helpful, it just didn't work. And the screws comin out aren't the whole problem, cuz it was just doing it last Fri again, and I checked the screws this time, and they were all tight. I think they were just loose from assembly.

Thanx for comments, AO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sk8ermog
05-04-2005, 02:28 AM
First off welcome to the forum and yes AO does rock.

There is a great thread from a guy named HiTech in the tech section about hyperframes so try doing a search for it (sorry I'm too lazy to do it for you :rolleyes: ) Check that thread out cause it has some really good programing instructions to help you out.

Also I have had about 4 hyperframes and it seems like some are just messed up from the begining like a car that just keeps dying. My advice is to find a hyperframe that is for sale and working and buy it then either switch the parts you want to make the perfect hyperframe that works or just sell off yours to buy a working one. I have a hyperframe with the 20bps board and I use the ULT kit in my X-valve. This set up has never let me down and I've played about 20 games and 4 tourny's with my hypermag and it has never let me down. I sent my hyperframe in to get the 20bps board installed by centerflag and they did a great job but took awhile to get it back to me. Cost $100 plus shipping to get it done, but I'm very happy with it now. I also changed out the microswitch and moded it to be amazingly fast and hit 20bps all the time with walking it.

Anyways don't give up on hyperframes all together, but just know you might have a lemon and you might want to get rid of it. Also you should check out the custom grip pannels that Luke is making in the Dealer Forum.