PDA

View Full Version : I'm insecure about my body

Stoble
05-03-2005, 06:47 PM
I've got an old PTP powerfeed lv.10 micromag and was wondering if I buy a ult & xvalve:
1. Will the powerfeed slow down feeding?
2. Will the ball detent work well enough?
3. Will I need a halo to keep up (currently using 12v revvy w/ xboard)?
a. If I need a halo will there be even more ball detent problems?
b. What can be done to fix them?
4. Does anyone know how much lighter a ule body and rail are compared to the micro's?

Alpha
05-03-2005, 06:54 PM
I cant answer all your questions...

But I'll give it a shot.

1. Will the powerfeed slow down feeding? - Not sure at all. My brain says no, but I'm reasoning that the longer distance the ball has to travel from where the hopper feedneck ends to the chamber would make it slower. Also remember powerfeed was mroe invented for gravity feed in mind.

2. Will the ball detent work well enough? Yes, teh stock detents will work very nicely, but be warned, they do wear out.

3. Will I need a halo to keep up (currently using 12v revvy w/ xboard)? Nope.. I'm using a reloader 1 on mine, and while I do outshoot it if I'm dicking around int eh backyard with like 900 shims in my ULT, I dont have a problem.

a. If I need a halo will there be even more ball detent problems? I asked this one guy the same question about his mag and if he had any problems with his halo, and he told me that it was adjustable, so if you do get a halo, no there shouldnt be a problem.

b. What can be done to fix them? Adjust it.

4. Does anyone know how much lighter a ule body and rail are compared to the micro's? - Much lighter. I think ULE bodies are something like 3 or 4 ounces.

warbeak2099
05-03-2005, 08:11 PM
1 - No, a larger ball stack is reccomended for use with gravity fed and agitating loaders (revvy, ricochet, vl200, etc.)

2 - The wire detents on micromags aren't as good as the screw-ins on ule bodies. They will most likely hold up to a gravity/agitating loader such as the revvy. That shouldn't be a problem.

3 - Your revvy can feed about 10-12bps. You won't be outshooting that even with an x-valve and lvl 10. Unless of course you have an adjustable tank and you crank it up.

a - A stock halo b will probably feed past the lower quality wire detents. A halo with an adjustable board might work better.

b - Some dealers (I believe Fireblade is one of them) will drill your micromag body to accept an angel or cocker threaded detent. These will be more reliable and if you get the body drilled on both sides for double detents, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

4 - Micromags have a lot more meat on them even though they are aluminum like the ule's. As alpha said, the micro will be heavier than a ule.

ghost068
05-03-2005, 08:14 PM
LMAO

:D :D :D I thought this was a stupid attempt to get banned when I saw the title! LOL! Awsome thinking man! :D :D :D

Stoble
05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
thanks for the help guys. I don't have a wire detent though, it's a little bolt on piece with a spring loaded swingarm. I wonder if there are any micromaggers around?

ghost: thanks, I laughed just typing it! what's LMAO?

warbeak2099
05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Sorry, I call them wire detents because it's kind of like on a freeflow cocker.

LMAO = Laugh My "Butt" Off

RazorMonkey
05-03-2005, 10:00 PM
That's the BEST tile ever... Dude... You're my hero :D :p :D I'm rolling over here and my mom's looking at me like I'm totally insane... :D

athomas
05-04-2005, 09:35 AM
I have a powerfed micromag body. They work quite nicely. You may have to alter the level 10 bolt a bit. The inside diameter of the breach is a little tighter on the micromag bodies. Gently sand the outside of the bolt tip of the level 10. It doesn't take much.

The powerfed bodies allow blowback gas to help propel the next ball into the breach. The work very well, especially for agitating hoppers. For snap shooting, they will deliver a greater rate of fire for a few shots than a vertical feed on a gravity fed system.