PDA

View Full Version : ULE Trigger problem

PBwerd
05-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I have a fairly new X-Valve that I tuned perfectly and was functioning well. Until I installed the ULE, which I see gets great reviews. My problem is I cannot seem to find a balance on the amount of shims to use. I have not adjusted anything on my valve to accomodate the new on\off because as far as I've read I do not believe that is necessary, not even velocity adjustments. I would like to know otherwise.
Here are the symptoms:

3-5 Shims = leakage from the barrel\bolt
6-7 Shims = discharge (fire) when the gun is gassed up, lots of "half shots"

What I mean by half shots; when I fire quickly I will get a shot every 3 or so, that just sounds like hard leakage, nothing ever fires. It's two frequent to write it off as a side effect.

Any tuning suggestions would be much appreciated.
Do I need to re-tune the o-ring carrier? Adjust the sear?
How do I know my sear is adjusted correctly for my new IntelliFrame?

Thanks in advance.
-Brian

warbeak2099
05-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Leaking has nothing to do with ult. That's your lvl 10. And it isn't the shims either. Go to a smaller carrier. Keep going smaller until the leak stops. Don't go too small or you'll get bolt stick.

The "half-shots" are short strokes. You aren't pulling the trigger all the way back during rapid fire. Make sure you pull the trigger all the way back or you're going to short stroke. Also, try adding shims to the ult. This will make it harder to short stroke.