PDA

View Full Version : Egg2 fitting stock ULE feedneck

mag88888
05-03-2005, 08:52 PM
do egg2's fit the ULE feed neck? do i have to sand it? if so, how much? how long would this take? what can i use to chop the feed neck down? just a regular hand saw and vice?

p8ntball365
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Try putting the egg in the feedneck... If it doesnt fit: Too big for feedneck-Sand lightly until it fits snug;Too Small for feedneck-I used electrical tape but orings will work. You can use a handsaw I imagine but a jigsaw or table saw would work better.

AGDlover
05-03-2005, 09:13 PM
try putting a little lube in it to see if it would fit with a little lube

jenarelJAM
05-03-2005, 10:03 PM
i think hes probably asking because he hasn't bought it yet. my advice, is get the hopper that you want, and there are ways to make it work. there are a few mentioned above already. getting a hopper to fit is really a small problem as far as problems go, you shouldnt have too much trouble whatever you do.

D-Block
05-03-2005, 10:30 PM
I've got it, you have to push down with a little force, but an egg will fit very snug

Joni
05-04-2005, 12:28 AM
My egg is just barely sanded, and it fits perfect. I really don't need a clamping feedneck.

mandatory
05-04-2005, 12:37 AM
like joni said, i only had to sand my EGG a little bit for it to fit perfectly.....is it recommended to cut the clear feed tube comming out of the egg down??? just and idea but i dont know the ramifications of doing so. anyone done this befor??

Vex
05-04-2005, 12:55 AM
I cut the feedneck of my Eggy2--I measured and used a Dremel (metal circular sawblade tip works the best--trust me!) Then I sanded the rough edges and made them smooth. I lowered the profile of my hopper and I haven't had any problems with it yet; however, I am using it on the classic stainless centerfeed mainbody.

VFX_Fenix
05-04-2005, 02:00 AM
My Evo II was too small to fit in the ULE feed-neck, a small strip of e-tape fixed that though.

Eric Cartman
05-04-2005, 09:47 AM
I cut mine down with a hacksaw. I had to sand mine a fair bit to get it to fit snugly, but not too tightly. If you really have to work at it each time you remove your hopper or put it back on, your raceways won't last very long before they start cracking.
I've got two markers now, so sanding to fit one, leaves it way to small for the other. I've got two clamping no-rises on order now because I got tired of screwing around.