PDA

View Full Version : Where are the hpa tanks?

jdaniels
05-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I am trying to buy a new nitro tank for my nephew and stores say they are not in stock. Has anyone ordered a crossfire tank, 68,4500 high pressure tank in the last few weeks. If so where did you order it and how long did it take to be delivered. He would like one by next weekend.

Thanks.

RRfireblade
05-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Got to try and find one already in stock somewhere. Won't be easy tho.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169656&highlight=shortage

jdaniels
05-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I read that post. Does anyone know when another batch of carbon fiber is to be made. That must be one huge batch of material. I was just hoping someone would post and say yes so and so has them in stock, I just ordered one.

thanks.

mark_1791
05-03-2005, 09:29 PM
It isnt a crossfire tank, but ive heard pmi tanks are just as good. Check it out here (http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=TKNP45P&variation=45&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=86)

jdaniels
05-03-2005, 10:29 PM
are pmi tanks really on par with crossfire. They are a little more expensive but I have found a site that gives you a free dye cover, nipple cover, and thread saver, and they are in stock.

I will go to pb review and check them out but feel free to leave feedback on them.

thanks.

Wc Keep
05-04-2005, 09:21 AM
my local shop has 68 4500 tanks in centerflag in stock...............

KRAKMT
05-04-2005, 09:42 AM
I heard nitroduck stockpiled a large number of tanks. They maybe the only one for awhile.

Lohman446
05-04-2005, 09:48 AM
are pmi tanks really on par with crossfire. They are a little more expensive but I have found a site that gives you a free dye cover, nipple cover, and thread saver, and they are in stock.

I will go to pb review and check them out but feel free to leave feedback on them.

thanks.

From past experience and analysis (if one can compare on company analysis) PMI regulators sucked. That being said supposedly they are redesigned and are basically a reverse engineering of Crossfire regulators - ie just as good

Self serving comment (assuming the shop didn't sell it yet) I have a HP Crossfire tank I picked up new last year at the beginning of the year (not sure of hydro) for sale 68/4500 Carbon Fiber with CP on-off and CP drop (medium) for $200. I don't have it here as I left it at the shop for them to sell though, and it may be sold, would have to ask.

Eric Cartman
05-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I can't speak for the PMI regs, but the Crossfire regs are known for having great recharge rates.

jdaniels
05-04-2005, 04:01 PM
anyone own a pmi reg that likes it. Do you feel they are on par with a crossfire. Please speak up. I need to order one before the end of the week.

thanks
jonathan

ApexAZ
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
I have a crossfire 70/4500 that I purchased from paintballoutlet.com but it was quite some time ago.

I was happy with the purchase though.

Paintchucker
05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
anyone own a pmi reg that likes it. Do you feel they are on par with a crossfire. Please speak up. I need to order one before the end of the week.

thanks
jonathan

I have an 88/4500 PMI Pure Energy tank (2002) and a 68/4500 Crossfire tank (2003), and to be honest, I don't think I shoot fast enough to tell if the PMI doesn't recharge enough. I have had to replace the guage in the PMI, and fix small leaks in the guage and fill plug on the Crossfire. Neither set of repairs was much work and the guage on the PMI wasn't that expensive.

IMHO, it is a pretty close tossup between the two...

jdaniels
05-04-2005, 06:34 PM
thank you for your comparison.

CKY_Alliance
05-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Here try going here it doesnt say its out of stock but it doesnt say in stock either.So maybe they have a phone number and you can call.

http://www.piratepaintball.com/product18.html

Miscue
05-04-2005, 07:39 PM
From past experience and analysis (if one can compare on company analysis) PMI regulators sucked. That being said supposedly they are redesigned and are basically a reverse engineering of Crossfire regulators - ie just as good

Self serving comment (assuming the shop didn't sell it yet) I have a HP Crossfire tank I picked up new last year at the beginning of the year (not sure of hydro) for sale 68/4500 Carbon Fiber with CP on-off and CP drop (medium) for $200. I don't have it here as I left it at the shop for them to sell though, and it may be sold, would have to ask.

The PMI regs I've used have had poor recharge rates... dunno if newer stuff has resolved it. But yeah, they at least sucked at one time. EMag + past PMI presets = will not recharge fast enough to reset the solenoid plunger at ~18-20bps. Crossfire is much better.