PDA

View Full Version : Barrels for minimag

tedgyz
05-04-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm looking to get a new barrel for my minimag. The RT Automag barrel looks like a good choice. Anyone have any expience with this barrel / gun combo? Any other barrels for minimag that are good?

BTW, the problem I'm trying to solve is accuracy. The stock barrel doesn't cut it. 1 out of 5 shots curve left or right. I'm hoping a longer barrel with the air ports at the end will stabilize my shots.

Thanks,
tedgyz

athomas
05-04-2005, 09:10 AM
No. You will have the same problems with any barrel if the internal diameter is the same as the barrel you are shooting now.

The key to consistency/accuracy in shooting a paintball gun, is the paint to barrel match. A larger bore barrel is more forgiving than a smaller bore barrel. That is why many players use a large bore barrel for all their shooting. More often than not(but not always), a barrel that is tight on the painball will cause shots that hook off target.

ben-afficial
05-05-2005, 09:44 AM
you might want to look at J&J barrels, there darn good. or even a lapco preety good but ugly....but thats just my apinion :dance:

spyderkiller
05-05-2005, 05:52 PM
I've got a used, but in mint condition, dye aluminum for sale. $30. It's a really nice barrel.

ben-afficial
05-06-2005, 09:42 AM
ive got a used but in preety good condition SP all-american barrel for like $20 or you can trade somethin, like food...i realy dont care i dont want this barrel...traded my minimag barrel used it once and didnt like it :dance:

covadsucks
05-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Try a Custom Products two piece barrel, they are nice and light not to mention beautifully polished internal bores...and pretty cheap. :dance:

http://www.customproducts.us/

ben-afficial
05-09-2005, 09:54 AM
i usta use a CP barrel on my spyder and loved it, but i sold all my spyder stuff once i got my mag last year, sorta wish i hadnt, my backup gun is now a warp fed-penny wise phantom :dance: