PDA

View Full Version : AO MI in June

spyderkiller
05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Who in Michigan or Indiana would be up for an AOMI sometime in June? Trying to see what kind of interest there is. I was thinking about Excalibur paintball(www.bcsplat.com) in Battle Creek...pretty central to the most populated parts of Michigan. Let me know what you think.

FireITup14
05-10-2005, 09:02 PM
yea me and my friends would definatly do it late in june. We get out early in june.

spyderkiller
05-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Out...of prison? From school? Haha, did you check out excalibur's website? Any other fields you recommend can be considered also.

Pha|anx
05-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Figures you guys are all on the west coast... :nono: But I might still be up for it, depending on how many other AOers go.

Pha|anx
05-25-2005, 08:12 AM
June is almost upon us yet, no real planning has been done! :( Come on guys--

spyderkiller
05-25-2005, 11:46 AM
June is almost upon us yet, no real planning has been done! :( Come on guys--

I'll try to get some ideas together by tonight, but like i said before, any other suggestions about any big games going on where we could meet? Excalibur in battle creek is having a father's day big game, which i know may be a problem for those who want to spend the day with their dads, but just bring them along...i'll post details later and see what everyone thinks.

spyderkiller
05-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Alright, my proposal is the June 19 (father's day) big game at Excalibur Paintball in Battle Creek (pretty central between east and west sides of Michigan). It's a big game format. Play starts at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. FPO $60 per case with tax ($56.61+tax). If you've never played there, Excalibur has some sweet fields. You can check out some pictures at www.bcsplat.com but the pictures really don't do it justice. I haven't been to a big game there lately, so I don't know the numbers, but when I used to go a couple of years ago there were on average about 100 people, so it's a good time. Let me know what you guys think.

Fred
05-25-2005, 05:26 PM
if you're gonna do it... do it that weekend at PBX Detroit...

cause I'll actually be in town... although I'll need to borrow a marker and mask...

---Fred

spyderkiller
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Is there something big going on at PBX Detroit that weekend? Is it woods or just airball/hyperball/speedball ? I was thinking it would be good to have a good variety, and Excalibur opens their hyperball field during the day too I think. My vote is still the big game at Excalibur, but if a majority wants somewhere else then that's fine.

quik
05-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Dont do it from June 11th until July 10th, because I wont be here! I'll be in Japan. I'll be returning on the 10th of July though, so have it in August guys!

Please.

spyderkiller
05-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, alright...if we do hold off, we'll have to hold off until August for me also. I'll be at Ft. Benning, GA for airborne school pretty much the whole month of July. August 14 is another big game at Excalibur. What does everyone think?

quik
05-25-2005, 09:35 PM
August 14th I could do. I would prefer a 'big game' because Im getting a little bored with speedball and wont have much cash to spend anyways.

Aslan
05-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Hopefully my mag is up and running by August, maybe I can join yas.

I usually play at Hell Survivors (www.hellsurvivors.com) in Pinkney, MI. It's a decent field, it's run pretty well. The only problem is that if you use nitrogen or electric hoppers you have to play advanced class and I've never done that before. I'm not interested in speedball with paint at $60/case or whatever it is now. :tard: If you use CO2, you get free refills all day...but I think they only give free refills on N2 during big events. :cry:

I'll have to check my schedule in August and see if there's a weekend I can get out to Battle Creek. That field looks very cool.

:shooting:

Pha|anx
05-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Hopefully my mag is up and running by August, maybe I can join yas.

I usually play at Hell Survivors (www.hellsurvivors.com) in Pinkney, MI. It's a decent field, it's run pretty well. The only problem is that if you use nitrogen or electric hoppers you have to play advanced class and I've never done that before. I'm not interested in speedball with paint at $60/case or whatever it is now. :tard: If you use CO2, you get free refills all day...but I think they only give free refills on N2 during big events. :cry:

I'll have to check my schedule in August and see if there's a weekend I can get out to Battle Creek. That field looks very cool.

:shooting:ADV isn't a problem-- Just a bunch o' n00bs with Halos, Trixs, and the like. :p Also, as far as I know air is free with registration.

Fred
05-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Psh, I used to pwn Advanced Class with my VSC Phantom... fancy guns and a jersey does NOT = having game.

Do it in June, I'm way cooler than Quik, we can party without him!

---Fred

HOMOCIDAL2
06-01-2005, 03:39 PM
he's from warren mi. If you know him please pm me.

spyderkiller
06-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Ok we need to figure it out...it's either the June 19 (father's day) or August 14 Big Game at Excaclibur in Battle Creek. Everyone needs to respond ASAP, and majority decides. Doesn't matter to me, because I'll be at both anyway. So what's it going to be? Oh, and I'll plan on bringing a grill or something so we can do some barbq for lunch.

quik
06-01-2005, 05:43 PM
August for me, its the only time I have free.

(PS Fred sux)

FireITup14
06-01-2005, 07:39 PM
ill do august

Fred
06-01-2005, 10:05 PM
June, its the only time I'll be up there till October...

:shooting: quik

dontfconmigo21
06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
may i suggest Island City Paintball (about 15-20 minutes south of Lansing on 127 i think)?

-two ten man airball fields
-one big "village" style field
-$10 field fee includes air
-$50 a case for premium

Note: This is one of the little-known yet best fields in the state (especially if you like big airball fields)

i could talk to the owner on Saturday or take some pictures of the field if someone gets back to me with a PM by Friday evening.

StuDawggie
06-02-2005, 10:19 PM
It might be worth considering since Lansing is a little more central than BC. It's just an idea, and why not post some pics and info. If nothing else it's another field to consider.

spyderkiller
06-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Very true...yeah, get us some pics...I'm still all for excalibur though, because I know first hand that they have everything a paintball field can possibly offer...airball, hyperball, some of the best woods and scenario fields around. But like I said, I'm open to ideas.

Lohman446
06-03-2005, 08:43 AM
August, big game. I love Excaliburs big games anyways and try to make oen a year... plus they have airball and lots of fun

spyderkiller
06-03-2005, 09:08 AM
August, big game. I love Excaliburs big games anyways and try to make oen a year... plus they have airball and lots of fun

Good call.

Alright, so far I think the only one that can't make it in August is Fred, and most people are saying they want to do it in August, so that's the way we're leaning right now. So there are two for sure that want to do Excalibur's big game. Take Lohman 446's word as truth, their big games are sweet. Is making it to battle creek going to be a problem for anyone? Anyone on the West side of the state, between Lohman and I (that sounds so funny saying, because my last name is Lohman too) we can probably make some ride arrangements.

Fallout-
06-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey guys Ill show up for sure!
Ill see you thare if I don't talk to you on the forums.

I'm not walking in to a closed group of friends am I? I would hate to show up and go lone wolf all day!

spyderkiller
06-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Nope, not a closed group of friends. I don't know any of these people either, except for my dad, who will be there as well. Who has an idea as to how to identify eachother. I don't have a banner or anything to hang. Any ideas other than just looking for mags? Not sure that everyone from here will even be shooting a mag.

quik
06-08-2005, 12:36 AM
No clue what I'll be shooting, since I own a new gun every month :(.

If Lohman or any other guys from my area go, I'd like to hitch a ride. Please give me a ride.

Also, I need to know entry fee's, etc.

Lohman446
06-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I'll look into snagging something so we can figure out who is who - and yeh, I can give rides from a common meeting spot or something.

Lohman446
06-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Someone may want to call Mike (if I recall) at Excalibur and give him a heads up.

Pha|anx
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
August 14th at EXC then?

spyderkiller
06-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Well, I don't know how many of us there will be, so I don't know if it'll be necessary to give Mike a heads up really, especially since he already plans on a decent size group of people showing up for the big games. And yeah, August 14 is the plan.

ultralight
06-23-2005, 04:47 PM
battle creek huh?

that's a long drive from grand blanc.

i'll try.

for identification i'll probably have my AO sn on my shirt or gear somewhere along with a big AO scrawled on something or other. most likely my hopper.

someone should make an AO banner for their staging area.

i might even bring my old man.

Pha|anx
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
You complain comming from GB? Sheesh-- How do you think us east siders feel? :confused: Depending on conflicting agendas I might bring a few of my team mates down... More non AOers for us to shoot. :p

ultralight
06-24-2005, 10:21 AM
i don't get out much. for me pontiac is a long drive. :D

i suppose you're right though, it's not like i live downriver.

i'm definitely bringing my old man, the last time he played his vm 68 was still kind of new.

i'm interested to finally meet a few of you guys.

spyderkiller
06-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Ok so quick running roll call here...If you don't see your name and are planning on going, say so. If you see your name and aren't planning on going, say so. If you see a question mark next to your name, let us know if you know yet. K, Cool...

Phalanx

Quik

Aslan ?

FireITup14

Lohman446

Fallout

Ultralight

Yours truly

Oh, and quick word of advice...wear long pants and long sleeves, no matter how hot it is...I've got some hellish poison ivy from last Sunday's big game out there. I hate poison ivy...it was worth it though, awesome time.

quik
06-27-2005, 02:58 AM
do we HAVE to play in the big game? how much are prices, etc?

I am very poor.

spyderkiller
06-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Save up, it's not too expensive. It's $10 entry plus paint @ $60 a case. Air fills are $2 a fill no matter how much you are filling, up to 4500...i just played until I was almost out of air and then got a fill, made it through the day with 2 fills. So,

Entry $10
Case of Paint $60 (+ or - depending on how much u shoot)
Air Fills $4
Gas to get to field ??

6 hours of paintball with your AO buddies....priceless :headbang: :cheers:

Pha|anx
06-27-2005, 06:16 PM
I just realized I might have a tourny at Atomix that weekend-- Probably not going to make it.

ultralight
07-28-2005, 12:28 AM
well, august is fast approaching...

who is still going? anyone new?

up to the top where it will be seen!

Aslan
07-30-2005, 12:32 AM
I forgot about this one. :eek: :mad: :eek:

Me and my friend were planning on going to Hell Survivors August 27th...let me check my schedule and see if I'm available August 14th. It is August 14th right? If I'm free, I'll check with my friend and see if he's interested. I might be able to bring one more guy...but I doubt it...he's usually busy and never plays on Sundays because he's bigtime into church. :rolleyes:

Put me down as a "doubtful"...but I definitely will be trying to arrange it. :cheers:

My Mag probably won't be ready by then...I just redid the foregrip and need to get some air connections and macroline and try to get it hooked up. Unfortunately, the grip I bought is mega gay. And it's not gas thru...so now I don't know what I'm going to do with the airline. If I can go, I'll bring it with me...you'll laugh at it...just don't laugh too hard okay? :tard:

spyderkiller
07-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Yep, still planning on August 14 at Excalibur. Who all is still planning on it? Lohman?

Lohman446
07-31-2005, 12:19 AM
I'll be there

quik
07-31-2005, 03:45 AM
Sorry but if its August 14th Im going down for the big tourny at the silverdome then. Wont be able to make it :(

Aslan
08-04-2005, 12:16 AM
As of right now, it looks like I'll be able to make it. It's not definite...the friend I was supposed to be playing paintball with the following weekend hasn't gotten back with me yet letting me know that he's cool with moving things up to the 14th. It is Sunday the 14th right?

What's our roll call at? Where's everyone going to meet? I'll be the guy with 10 guns, 9 of which aren't working. :rofl:

mr.mag218
08-04-2005, 01:59 AM
im new, and i'll try to make it. if i get my gun back by then i'll be there

Aslan
08-06-2005, 01:59 AM
My friend mght bail out on me...but I am still planning on going.

Lohman446
08-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Lets get a count on this thing, are we all planning on meeting there Sunday morning? What time does it start, what time are we meeting (earlier than start time) - how many are coming?

ultralight
08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
AAAAAARRRRGGHH!!

my truck's transmission just died.

looks like i'm out. :cry: :cry:

Aslan
08-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Lets get a count on this thing, are we all planning on meeting there Sunday morning? What time does it start, what time are we meeting (earlier than start time) - how many are coming?

I'm planning on it, but playing it by ear. Looks like rain this weekend...good if it rains Friday and Saturday...because then I can go...otherwise I need to help a friend stain his deck. Bad if it rains Sunday...probably won't make the trip if it looks like it's going to rain all day.

If I do go...I plan on being there by 9:00AM...I'll probably be coming alone (friend bailed)...I believe the games start at 10:00AM?

Aslan
08-13-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm planning on it, but playing it by ear. Looks like rain this weekend...good if it rains Friday and Saturday...because then I can go...otherwise I need to help a friend stain his deck. Bad if it rains Sunday...probably won't make the trip if it looks like it's going to rain all day.

If I do go...I plan on being there by 9:00AM...I'll probably be coming alone (friend bailed)...I believe the games start at 10:00AM?

Still looking like rain...nuts! I'm thinking I probably won't make it. I'll check the radar at 6AM, see what it looks like...even though I only have a couple guns that are put together and working...and my Revy shell cracked...I'll still try to make it if the weather looks halfway decent. :cheers:

If not, I'm thinking Hell's Survivors on the 27th if anyone is interested. :cheers:

Lohman446
08-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Still looking like rain...nuts! I'm thinking I probably won't make it. I'll check the radar at 6AM, see what it looks like...even though I only have a couple guns that are put together and working...and my Revy shell cracked...I'll still try to make it if the weather looks halfway decent. :cheers:

If not, I'm thinking Hell's Survivors on the 27th if anyone is interested. :cheers:

I've been watching the rain as well, I'm not up for a Big game in the rain... I probably won't make it

Commissar_Loki
08-15-2005, 02:28 AM
I know a few other AO'ers going to tippmann challenge on the 27/28th. Most of Killer staff is going, that may be a decent place for it, even though it'd be a little late to start with dates....

-Butch

Aslan
08-15-2005, 08:33 PM
I know a few other AO'ers going to tippmann challenge on the 27/28th. Most of Killer staff is going, that may be a decent place for it, even though it'd be a little late to start with dates....

-Butch

Hey Lohman...guys...did anybody make it to Excaliber? I wish I coulda went, but it was raining and I was so hungover that there was no way I'd have pulled it off. :eek: :tard: :eek:

I wanted to go Tippman Challenge...but it's too expensive for me. I may play at Hell Survivors on the 27th if the weather is nice. And I got my hose and fittings for my Mag today so it might actually be working (gotta get some Loctite). If it doesn't work...then I'll see yas in the Tech Forum...I'll be the desparate, pathetic, crying one. :cry:

Commissar_Loki
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Tippmann challenge is like $30 plus paint. Thats for one of the two days. It is September 17/18. Just a thought. Not too bad for an 8 hour play time.

-Butch