PDA

View Full Version : Help, leak problem

13thcanibal
05-04-2005, 05:18 PM
I just got an intelliframe for my mag and thought it would be a smooth upgrade and then Murphy's Law struck out of the blue. Now my gun doen't work at all. Theres the deal.

I have a minimag with a level 7 bolt, all the orings are in pristine shape, just replaced them this morning, new spring this morning too. I have been using HPA, tank is full, thanks to my fill station. What is more the valve works in my other mag.

The problem: leaks down the barrel. First shot goes well after initial air up, after that when I release the trigger it does the sprinkler thing. Acts like its not getting enough air or not triggering the on/off. I have tried messing with the trigger rod lenght to no avail. Same results no matter what the adjusted lenght is. When I put the stock frame back the problem persists, however when I put the valve in my other stock mag it clears up. I have not thrown it through the wall yet however I am becoming vexed significantly. Aaaaaarrrrgh! :mad:

I have also tried my valve from my other mag and it does the same thing.
I just want the intelliframe to work! :confused:

Any clues and or solutions would be of great value. This has been a good tech source in the past, the first time I have experienced a problem that I couldn't find an answer to in other threads. As a result this is my first post in the tech form. Thanks in advance.

MMaglpc
05-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Call AGD tech support, talk to Roman. Best advice. I do it all the time.

13thcanibal
05-06-2005, 03:44 PM
There is the answer that the tech line gave me and it worked. Special thanks to who ever it was that I talked to, my gun now works. :hail: Paint will rain this weekend(mad manical laughter).

Here is what happened:

On the back of the rail there is a bushing, the rail bushing to be exact. Through the rail bushing the field strip pin inserts and then screws into the valve body. It also keeps your grip in place on the rail before the field strip pin is in place in the valve. Well in my gun it was gone. Who knew that one rail bushing could make all the difference? The guy on the tech line thats who, he diagnosed the problem in like two seconds after I explained the situation. Any way I gently removed it from one rail and put it in the other and the sprinkler was gone.

Hope this helps anybody else that may experience similar problems in a valve that you know works. Make sure all the parts are in the gun, every last part, even the ambiguos ones! They are important!

Thanks again to the guys at AGD that know their product so well. :clap: