PDA

View Full Version : pneumag illegal in tourny's?

jenarelJAM
05-04-2005, 06:45 PM
i was just thinking, and dont flame me if this has been answered already, but once the pneumag comes out, with the new 15 bps cap on pb tourneys, and no circuit board on the pneumag, will they become illegal because they can't be limited below 15 bps? imo they shouldn't be, because the 15 bps cap was/is to reduce cheating, and with a completely mechanical marker, one pull = one shot. what do you guys think?

Conversekidz
05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
not many people can shoot over 15bps anyways

ntn4502
05-04-2005, 06:49 PM
theres not a limit on (semi) mechs

Blazestorm
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
They'll be illegal if you shoot over 15 yes...

edweird
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
hell I remember years and years ago (on this very forum) when ppl said that anything over 9 bps was unrealistic and unatainable by the human operator.

jenarelJAM
05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
hell I remember years and years ago (on this very forum) when ppl said that anything over 9 bps was unrealistic and unatainable by the human operator.
lol, you've been here for a fair while.
i was wondering also if they might make some sort of setup to keep the ptp from going over 15 bps, because if it becomes illegal in tournaments because it can shoot faster, even though it isn't cheating and they cant shoot it that fast, it will stop alot of people from buying it that otherwise would have i think, and i dont want it to be discontinued before i can get the money to buy one!

yakitori
05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
lol, you've been here for a fair while.
i was wondering also if they might make some sort of setup to keep the ptp from going over 15 bps, because if it becomes illegal in tournaments because it can shoot faster, even though it isn't cheating and they cant shoot it that fast, it will stop alot of people from buying it that otherwise would have i think, and i dont want it to be discontinued before i can get the money to buy one!

theres no way to cap a mech. Its not possible. I dont think that a lot of ppl are going to be buying the pneumag frame for tourneys anyway. I think it will be geared more toward rec players, or ppl who play in local tourneys w/o a 15bps rule.

Chronobreak
05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
theres no way to cap a mech. Its not possible. I dont think that a lot of ppl are going to be buying the pneumag frame for tourneys anyway. I think it will be geared more toward rec players, or ppl who play in local tourneys w/o a 15bps rule.

kinda puts mags back at a disadvantage with a cap then doesnt it?
i mean when your doing 15 legally and everyone else is going from 3bps to 15 ide say thats not quite fair.

dont quote me on this but i do think rr said there would be a way to cap it.

TheTramp
05-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I'd be kind of shocked if you got pulled from a 15bps ramping tournament when you ere using a mechanical gun.

1) Even with the Pneumo frame it'll be tough to consistantly beat 15bps. Remember, there's no reactivity.

2) Everyone will be looking down on you and couldn't possibly imagine that you'd be shooting quickly without a ramping electro.

It'll be nice if the frame comes out and we can show people that it's not all about who's got the best board.

Duzzy
05-04-2005, 08:01 PM
You guys are all so incredibly wrong...

Mech guns have got to be the fastest in the universe there is no way that they would be allowed in tourneys. Give people a nice slow electro. Just look at what a master cocker tech posted on PBN a little while ago.

well I got a question I have a 2000 autococker with dye hinge frame. I dont know why anyone would buy a eblade. I can easily get eblade speeds or faster. yesterday my freind counted me shooting 57 bps we were using his moded revvy. On eblade site they said that the eblade can shot like 17 if the eblade can go only 17 and my mech can do 56 why get a eblade. well I suppose you can shoot really hard and break kids skin. but I dont want to break anyones mask so... btw my custom cocker has half the trigger pull so that is one reason why it can fire so fast can anyone else go faster then 56 bps

Alright, so it was a bad joke...

:rolleyes:

68magOwner
05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
as of now, mechs are allowed to be un-capped, im shure if phenu mags/ other markers become big, that the rule will be modified to accomidate, or ban them

Conversekidz
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
i don't think they could ban them, its 1 pull 1 shot.....

i'm starting to hate tourny rules

RRfireblade
05-04-2005, 08:36 PM
There's really nothing in the ruling that forces you have your ROF locked at 15 whether it's electro or not.Your just not allowed to shoot the fast on field,assuming they could catch you anyway.

This was quoted by a PSP staff member over a discussion of ROF on the 'Tourny' scene...

As proven by the NPPL's ballistics chrono, tournament paintball players shoot an average of 9-11 bps. There are only a handful of players that can actually sustain 15+ bps for any length of time.

In regards to catching cheaters over 15....

It has already been proven on the field that the PACT timers can not be used during game play because they measure sound, and the background noise (of other markers) false triggers them. There simply is no way to enforce any type of rate of fire rule, or determine if the ramping rule is even being adhered to

So...

(and of course we're talking "legally" pulling the trigger for all the "that was without bounce" video guys ;) )

dj89
05-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I remeber Tom saying something about you can shoot as fast as you want with a mech.

wanna-b-ballin'
05-04-2005, 10:53 PM
alright, so you cant cap a mech?
say you can shoot faster than 15 bps, couldn't you just put a revvy on the gun so you would be limited to the feed rate of the hopper? about 14 bps.
and if its on a mag, and you outshoot the hopper, you could put a level 10 bolt in to solve that.

dj89
05-04-2005, 10:58 PM
alright, so you cant cap a mech?
say you can shoot faster than 15 bps, couldn't you just put a revvy on the gun so you would be limited to the feed rate of the hopper? about 14 bps.
and if its on a mag, and you outshoot the hopper, you could put a level 10 bolt in to solve that.

Some people say that is a waste of a cycle............ :tard:

dj89
05-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I knew i saw it some were, http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1731500&postcount=24

master_alexander
05-04-2005, 11:28 PM
once this comes out, i will have to get a 3rd gun... a pneumag...

so i will own:

z gripped rt ule mag
z gripped bko
peumag...

ok sorry that is kind of bragging...

but i can'rt wait. and i bet $500 my parents woln't let me do it.

dj89
05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
once this comes out, i will have to get a 3rd gun... a pneumag...

so i will own:

z gripped rt ule mag
z gripped bko
peumag...

ok sorry that is kind of bragging...

but i can'rt wait. and i bet $500 my parents woln't let me do it.

I bet that bko will be in the mail if a peumag comes out. :p

spyderkiller
05-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Ok Yay for the ignorant real quick question that someone can answer very quickly with a thread link or even just a simple reply...what's the pneumag and when's it coming out? What's it do, and how much will it cost? Thanks...oh, and btw, yes, I am out of the loop on most everything.

jenarelJAM
05-05-2005, 12:21 AM
the pneumag is the *new* but not out yet trigger frame for a mag which is completely mech, and should feel like an elecro trigger because it is so light and short.

Enemy
05-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Ok Yay for the ignorant real quick question that someone can answer very quickly with a thread link or even just a simple reply...what's the pneumag and when's it coming out? What's it do, and how much will it cost? Thanks...oh, and btw, yes, I am out of the loop on most everything.

pnue stands for pnuematic so it is operated with air assist!! search deadly wind hair trigger and go to the official page to get the jest of what a pnuemag is. then realize proteam products has the patent on it so deadlywind will not be producing it so proteam products should have one out soon!!