PDA

View Full Version : Halo or Empire B?

CKY_Alliance
05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok i just sold my richochet so i need a new hopper i want a Halo or Empire B.Ive heard different apinions about both.I know the halo has eyes and empire is sound activated...ive herd the eyes can cause problems if you get paint on em but the empire seems liek a pain to load up (the proper way). I guess im looking for opinions on these two hopper..what are possitives and negatives.Thanks in advance for any input

*i did a search and didnt find any threads of this sort so if there is already one,Sorry just post link*

AGD202
05-04-2005, 09:41 PM
i have never had a single problem w/ my Halo... just dont get a rip drive... they are a waste

BD_Paintball
05-04-2005, 09:43 PM
i voted relader b. i have one and i love it. and if your hopper ever jams you dont have to stick your finger in the hopper to spin it, you just use your rip drive. also if something breaks in the hopper the reloader b will still feed b/c it does not use eyes. and the halo will stop feeding until the eyes are cleaned

MonsterMag
05-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I hear reloaders are fast
Halos are great , I just rebuild a abused one
New shell kit
New eyes
New screws
The works
Best loader you can buy , In my opion
What ever you get be sure to get a 9 vlot mod for it ,reduces weight alot :)

MonsterMag
05-04-2005, 09:46 PM
i have never had a single problem w/ my Halo... just dont get a rip drive... they are a waste
Batterys ever died on you?
It works ;)

dj89
05-04-2005, 09:48 PM
What are you going to be using it on?

JoshK
05-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I can't say from experiance(so I'm not gonna clutter your poll by voting), but from the stuff I hear on these forums it's kinda personal choice. But if anything I have heard more good stuff about the reloader.

jdaniels
05-04-2005, 10:03 PM
does the reloader b need the 9 volt mod. How much weight can you remove with the 2 9 volts.

WingMan13
05-04-2005, 10:14 PM
but the empire seems like a pain to load up (the proper way).

Not a pain at all. There are 3 speeds to choose from. Mine came in set at the highest, which is what I wanted anyways. After that it was easy as turn it on and load it up.

phelix
05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
reloaders = glitter
glitter = agg
agg = win

TheTramp
05-05-2005, 09:10 AM
...just dont get a rip drive... they are a waste

I'm sorry man but this is NUTS!

The Rip drive has saved my *** on several occations when the Halo stopped feeding.

AnimalMother
05-05-2005, 11:44 AM
I'd say if you want speed, go with the Halo and victory board. But with the new implementation of PCP boards that can't go over 15 bps, a Halo with a v-board is less than worthless. So, I dunno, if you have a quiet marker, like an autococker or a DM4, the Reloader B sometimes can't pick up the sounds, but that's rare. I guess it's just preference, sound vs. eyes, reloader B's are less maintenance if you happen to break paint inside the hopper cuz' they'll still keep feeding while you'll have to clean out the eyes on a Halo.

CKY_Alliance
05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
What are you going to be using it on?

Mag.

Im even with all these helpful post i still cant come to a decision.I dont want to wory about the eyes on a halo but a halo with rip drive is 50 dollars less then a empire B.

Does the reloader use 9 volts or what?

EDIT: If it uses 9 volts stock i may just get a reloader since with the halo ill have to buy the mod which i think i saw on ebay for 10-15 $ and then the V-board which i dont know how much it is but im sure its more then 20 dollars so then im already at 130-135 so another 20 bucks or so i could have the Reloader and not have to worry about eyes,and i know my mag is loud enough.And i get pretty "agg" glitter im sure itll help me win more to! :rolleyes:

So unless somone can change my mind i think im going to get the Reloader.

O and for the person that commented on loading the Relaoder i was talking about having to turn it upside down or whatever ...soemthig like that i saw in a post.

So thank for the input AO.

AGD202
05-05-2005, 03:29 PM
i have used my batteries through 4 cases in my halo and they are still good to go.... i keep an xtra set with me anyways which is y rip drives are a waste

TheTramp
05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Mag.

Im even with all these helpful post i still cant come to a decision.I dont want to wory about the eyes on a halo but a halo with rip drive is 50 dollars less then a empire B.

Does the reloader use 9 volts or what?

It does not use 9V batteries. It can use two rigged up in series but they will run out of power much faster than the AA pack.

Personaly, I've got both and don't really notice any difference between the two. If they both have a Rip drive and one is $50 cheaper, I'd go with that.

BD_Paintball
05-05-2005, 05:41 PM
the reloader can use 6 or 4 AA's. its not that much weight, i have 6 AA's on my gun and its not that bad at all. if you want rip drive and a hopper that does not use eyes get the reloader B.

Enemy
05-05-2005, 06:00 PM
stock reloader is faster!! but the boot sequence is a pain. rip drive saved my but when i dove and my batteries got knocked out of place.. or when i fried my board. the reloader wont sit there and wind if its empty cuz it doesnt matter so you often times may not realize your out of paint until the blank shot! can run reloader off of 4AAs if you want it even comes with the cartrigde for it! less likely to fry a reloader board over a halo board! id go reloader b!

gc82000
05-05-2005, 09:33 PM
HAlo b w/ rip go with it. You can do so many things with a Halo that you cant do with a reloader. Take all the boards that can be used to replace your if anything goes wrong and you can intellfeer a halo easier then it would be for than a reloader. Also think of this Halo+ V board= $20 less then a relaoder stock and it is faster too.