PDA

View Full Version : sorry, but I gotta ask what this is worth

ICP
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't like to do this and normally don't care much for these types of threads. But I've run into a problem and can't seem to get a good answer. I've got a nice chrome(maybe nickel) plated minimag body. It's in real good shape. The "nut" that holds the front of the trigger frame has been milled round to fit in a RTP rail. No scratches. It's a powerfeed, hopper right body with plug. I'm trying to sell it and not sure what it's worth. I don't want to ask to much and try to screw someone, but at the same time I don't want to get ripped off either.

Thanks for any input. I don't have pics right now, because my camera batteries are dead and I won't have more until tomorrow.

master_alexander
05-04-2005, 10:58 PM
i would pay 30-40 for it, and that is what it is worth, if you explain it good enough with the right words you can probably get an excellent price for it.

TheTramp
05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
I think 30-40 is low.

The problem you're going to have is that it's a powerfeed. People really only want vert. feed so you're re-sale is going to be pretty low.

If I were you, I'd ask $80 and let them talk to down to $65. Personaly if all I could get was $50 then I'd just hold onto it.

P.S. It's polished stainless.

ICP
05-05-2005, 06:14 PM
wow, wanna buy it..lol

And it's not polished stainless, it's def plated Even really nice polished stainless isn't this shiny and it doesn't last unless you keep polishing it. But thanx for the information.

TheTramp
05-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Interesting. I've never heard of a plated minimag body. There was a plated micromag body but all the Minimangs that came out of AGD were polished.

Like this but a mini instead of a no-rise:

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=278&categoryID=10

ICP
05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
It's kinda hard to tell from the picture, but that does look pretty shiny. As is mine. Dunno, guess maybe it is polished, but it sure looks plated to me. hmm time to do some research

Thanx