PDA

View Full Version : Convince Me!

Omega
05-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Ok, so all my friends are buying Autocockers (very good gun), and I have the itch to quit being outgunned. I own an upgraded LP Spyder (I know). However for a low-level, entry marker, it does alright.
I saw the Tac-One and was duly impressed with its capabilities (I play woodsball and speedball). However, I have never even seen an Automag fired. I know absolutely nothing about them (all that is ever talked about are Timmy's, Angels, and so on.)
I am intrigued by the Automag line of markers and simply want to know what's up with them. Are they:
1. Quiet
2. Dependable
3. Upgradeable
etc.

Why should I go with an Automag when my friends are convinced WGP is the COMPANY?
Thanks in advance.

Chronobreak
05-05-2005, 12:25 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=652188

very good "why to buy a mag" theread psoted by ntn

let us know if you have anymore questions after reading that;)

welcome to AO :cheers:

Creative Mayhem
05-05-2005, 12:40 PM
NT basically covered it all. Let me just add that my minimag is 13 years old, and i have changed the orings in it once over that period. Heck, I have even played in overflowing creeks with it... the damn thing just keeps going and going and going..... You just can't beat a mag for durability.

Good luck with the easiest decision you can make;)

Welcome to AO

Omega
05-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks, Chrono and Creative. I am going to start looking for one in my price range. The thread you sent me to, Chrono, was great and very informative. I love to tinker with and upgrade my guns so this sounds like the perfect route to take. Once again, Thanks and hopefully I will be joining the Automag Owners real soon.

Omega

AGD202
05-05-2005, 03:33 PM
lets just put it this way.... Mags are the jeeps of paintball guns....

1: Extremely Durable
2: Not Too Quiet
3: Not too efficient
4: RIPPPPPPP
5: For the upgrades is where the jeep and gun come in.... mags pretty much cant be called a mag unless they are upgraded... just like the jeep, its a discrase not to modify them.

Eric Cartman
05-05-2005, 03:53 PM
And if you buy a mag, hordes of desperate supermodels will attack you and have their way with you. :D

johnson88
05-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Just dont forget you will need n2 for the tac-one. If that is a probably get a proclassic and get a tacone body intelliframe and a cocker threaded barrel.

ColdFuzion
05-05-2005, 04:15 PM
I was faced with that decision once. Look at the RPG Paradigim for like $4-something at www.themagsmith.com or a Tunamag at www.tunamart.com . I got a RT ULE Custom when stepping up from my Spyder, and I love it. I have used it over an E2 ProStock and a walkable mech GX-3 in tournies. A Cocker and a Mag are good guns (I own both), but they are completely different. Play a game or 2 with a cocker and see if you like it. If you absolutely hate it, you will love a Mag, I bet.

Also, just another suggestion (I know it's not what he asked, just stating another option) if you like electros, look at a SmartParts ION> $280, breakbeam eyes, spool valve, crazy trigger pull if you set it right/get a new trigger, decently efficient, and a nice ramp mode.

Welcome to AO. Have fun with whatever gun you get.

-Cold

Chronobreak
05-05-2005, 04:18 PM
well since where mentioning names

www.logicpaintball.com
www.whitewolfairsmithing.com
www.themagsmith.com
www.devilsden.tv
www.tunamart.com

:ninja:

and omega as for your last line

"Why should I go with an Automag when my friends are convinced WGP is the COMPANY?
Thanks in advance."

well tom has answered that one before.

goto each of the sites/forums and ask the same thing to the owner or man in charge..chances are they wont answer, if you were to ask here TOM KAYE himself..or maybe zupe.. :rolleyes: ..would post why to buy his gun..its because he cares about the gun,and the users :clap:

TheTramp
05-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Ok, so all my friends are buying Autocockers (very good gun), and I have the itch to quit being outgunned. I own an upgraded LP Spyder (I know).

Unless they're shooting E-Cockers your being out-gunned is all in you mind.

With that said, I'd take a Mag over a mechanical Cocker for all the reason written above.

oldsoldier
05-05-2005, 06:58 PM
cockers, you need to learn how to time them. And, should it ever go out of time...and you dont know how to retime it, youre done for the day. A mag...oil it, thats all. Speaking of...I have one for sale. PM me...maybe we can work something out.

JoshK
05-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Also if you are looking for a very versatile gun, you could look around here for emag lowers, and a tac-one body...it will be a very nice woodsball gun that will be able to compete with the tourny players. Just a suggestion.

Blazestorm
05-05-2005, 08:16 PM
You're never out-gunned.

NUCKING FUTS!
05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
I used to be a cocker man. Then i discovered mags. I am now absolutely sure that mags are better than cockers. Theyre smaller, lighter, less complicated, less maintenance, better quality, faster as mechs and just as fast as electros... the list goes on. The downfalls of mags are that the air efficiency sucks and theres not a ton of aftermarket parts avaliable. However, the latter part is quickly changing due to many recent releases of new parts by Logic and RogueFactor, not to mention the upcoming PTP pneumatic frame. Air efficiency is my only valid gripe.

Omega
05-05-2005, 09:35 PM
:hail: :hail: :hail: to all you guys!!!! That is a LOT of info. Some of it I understand, some I don't, but a huge thank you to everyone! I think I am convinced to go with the mag....the simplicity is very appealing and I don't think the air efficiency will be to big of a problem (hopefully). Anyway, thanks for all the feedback. I am sure I will be coming back to you guys for help with upgrading my mag in the future (speaking in faith....a youth minister must do that sometimes :) )

Once again, MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!!

Omega