PDA

View Full Version : want to make my classic rt faster

Jester of Spectre
05-05-2005, 08:32 PM
if anyone knows any tricks on how to make my rt classic faster let me know i already have a level 10 and intelliframe.......i also have the ult trigger on its way so if you have any suggestions i would be very thankful

thanx
jester

alooney11
05-05-2005, 09:19 PM
get an adjustable tank, i recommend the apocalypse2k, jack the pressure to like 1100-1200 psi into the gun, and rock somebodies world. Search for rapid fire on this forum you will find even more info.

Gunga
05-06-2005, 08:43 AM
get an adjustable tank, i recommend the apocalypse2k, jack the pressure to like 1100-1200 psi into the gun, and rock somebodies world. Search for rapid fire on this forum you will find even more info.

Yeah...go ahead and do this if you want your gun to malfunction. Rapidfire/full auto is a malfunction, not a feature. If you do this, plan to buy a new sear and bolt because you're gonna need 'em.

kylemc
05-06-2005, 09:19 AM
He is correct about it being a malfunction but sear and bolt wear dont occur very often if done correctly if you would like to make your gun rapid fire here is a link with everything that you'll need to do it http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/mag_info/rapidfire/rf_disclaimer.html

BigEvil
05-06-2005, 09:35 AM
First of all, the ULT kit WILL NOT work in the classic RT. The RT valve only uses one oring at the top of the on/off. The ULT needs 2.

Secondly, The best thing you can do for your RT to get it to rapid fire is to shorten the lenght of the on/off pin at the bottom. What you do is grind a VERY LITTLE off of it at a time, and test it until you get it at the point you like. You will need at least 800 psi input from your air tank. (more if possible). AGD sells pins at different lenghts if you dont want to chance messing with it.

Also, dont worry about the sear or bolt. They are wearable parts and need to be replaced every now and then anyhow. I would suguest you keep a good supply of bumpers though.

An AGD tech told me how to do this about 5 years ago, and I have only replaced the sear once.

If you need any more info feel free to ask.

alooney11
05-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah...go ahead and do this if you want your gun to malfunction. Rapidfire/full auto is a malfunction, not a feature. If you do this, plan to buy a new sear and bolt because you're gonna need 'em.

Wow, it is not a malfuction it is a sweet feature. I have been doing this for quite some time and its not a problem (no excess wear ect.) and besides, even if it did cause premature wear on the sear/bolt I would still do it. Its awesome.

alooney11
05-07-2005, 01:51 AM
First of all, the ULT kit WILL NOT work in the classic RT. The RT valve only uses one oring at the top of the on/off. The ULT needs 2.

Secondly, The best thing you can do for your RT to get it to rapid fire is to shorten the lenght of the on/off pin at the bottom. What you do is grind a VERY LITTLE off of it at a time, and test it until you get it at the point you like. You will need at least 800 psi input from your air tank. (more if possible). AGD sells pins at different lenghts if you dont want to chance messing with it.

Also, dont worry about the sear or bolt. They are wearable parts and need to be replaced every now and then anyhow. I would suguest you keep a good supply of bumpers though.

An AGD tech told me how to do this about 5 years ago, and I have only replaced the sear once.

If you need any more info feel free to ask.

Sorry to double post but after glueing my bumper I have had a much greater increase in durability.

Nobody077
05-07-2005, 02:24 AM
First the ult probaly wont work with the valve unless you have it modified, and if it did the ULT slows down the valve. The ult's design slows the recharge rate of the valve, even though I,m shure your not currently even close to maxing it out. As for the auto/rappid fire of a 1000+ input pressure, why? it does increase the wear of the bolt and sear, and would you like to be hit wih a string of 20 balls? No Im shure after the first hit your yelling "Im hit, Im hit alredy OUCH IM HIT!!!!!!) if you know what I mean, and its true if your hit from the first round in a 20 ball string chances are your going to be hit 10+ before the string is done.

The best way to increase the fireing rate is practice, with a little bounce 850psi or so you can outshoot most elctro markers if you realy know your trigger

Gunga
05-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Wow, it is not a malfuction it is a sweet feature. I have been doing this for quite some time and its not a problem (no excess wear ect.) and besides, even if it did cause premature wear on the sear/bolt I would still do it. Its awesome.

Not a malfunction, huh? That must be why if a gun in for service at AGD fires full auto, they fix it so it doesn't do it anymore. That plus the thousands of torn apart bolts & sears there would say you're dead wrong.

Yeah...sounds like it's not a malfunction to me. :rolleyes:

alooney11
05-07-2005, 02:10 PM
First, how do they fix it so it doesnt rapid fire anymore? Second, people who rapid fire realize they may see premature wear but dont care. And why would you have to send your mag in to get the sear and bolt replaced? This doesnt seem to make any sense.

stoupa
05-07-2005, 02:36 PM
First the ult probaly wont work with the valve unless you have it modified, and if it did the ULT slows down the valve. The ult's design slows the recharge rate of the valve, even though I,m shure your not currently even close to maxing it out. As for the auto/rappid fire of a 1000+ input pressure, why? it does increase the wear of the bolt and sear, and would you like to be hit wih a string of 20 balls? No Im shure after the first hit your yelling "Im hit, Im hit alredy OUCH IM HIT!!!!!!) if you know what I mean, and its true if your hit from the first round in a 20 ball string chances are your going to be hit 10+ before the string is done.

The best way to increase the fireing rate is practice, with a little bounce 850psi or so you can outshoot most elctro markers if you realy know your trigger

I wouldn't try to modify the on/off pin in any way... nooo no.
I think that he should rather get his valve milled by somebody who knows how to do it, so it can take ULT. BradAGD was offering this, I'm not sure if he still does.

stop whining buy a mag
05-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Actually grinding your on/off pin isn't such a no-no as long as you have a spare and your not taking an 1/8 of an inch off every time you take your dremel to it. Sure it's not recommended but this is how we learn more about our guns.