PDA

View Full Version : Dragun question

68AutoMoose
05-06-2005, 10:49 AM
I've got a friend with a "Dragun Bonez" marker, it shoots well enough but he can't adjust his velocity higher than 270 fps. He purchased the gun used and did not get any user manual, directions etc.

I'm not certain, but I'm under the impression these guns are no longer in production. Does anyone own one of these, or have knowledge of the company's contact information? It would help a lot if I could reach the manufacturer for some tech help. Thanks.

Thatcher
05-06-2005, 02:12 PM
This post belongs at pbnation.com under the respected brand. Youll get more help there.

68AutoMoose
05-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks, I'm not a registered user at PBnation, but if I have to bite the bullet I'll go over there. I just thought I would shoot my dilemma by the AO folks first.

msprince
05-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I believe those work like stacked tube blow backs, turn the velocity in for greater velocity, out for less, if its all the way in then you need a stronger spring, you can buy spring kits on ebay or your local paintball store, any spyder spring kit should work.

wanna-b-ballin'
05-07-2005, 09:31 PM
also, if it has a regulator, you can adjust the presure

AGDlover
05-07-2005, 09:36 PM
This post belongs at pbnation.com under the respected brand. Youll get more help there.

dude remember "Friends dont let friends surf PBN" and as long as hes on AO hes a friend.
OK if the back thing is screwed all the way in and is still shooting 270's tell him to get a tougher spring and that should bring it right up

FireITup14
05-08-2005, 12:33 PM
You can also change the shim. What i did for my spyder a long time ago was just put a nut that fit behind the shim and it puts more pressure on the spring. this saves you from buying a shim kit or a spring kit.

CLEARUSH
05-12-2005, 12:14 AM
the size of the barrel bore may have somthing to do with it also. Had a spyder that I couldn't get to shoot over 270 shimed and turned all the way in. Turns out that the cp barrel was so freaking huge all the air was blowing by the ball instead of pushing it foward. Try several different barrels first if you can.

usmc8892
05-12-2005, 02:57 AM
use a strong main spring and a weak valve spring. also make sure the internals are clean, and that the o-rings are in good shape. have a look at ottersccustoms.com, i have never seen a better stacked tube marker site anywhere. hope this helps!

awilli234life
05-12-2005, 09:07 AM
quick fix i came across this problem wit one of the guys guns i was tweakin on the feild so i actually cut a spacer for behind the spring probably about 1/4 of a inch or a little less

the idea is to find some tube that is the same diamater as the spring and then play around with size till you find one that suits your purpose