PDA

View Full Version : im losing it!

mag88888
05-07-2005, 12:20 PM
im losing my patience with newbs! i cant take it anymore. today soem kids asked me if my mag was a shocker, angel, spyder, tippy. i wanted to smack someone. and they asked if i had a response trigger or a e-grip. were these kids just really stupid or am i just cranky?

Gumbe
05-07-2005, 12:27 PM
lol your cranky but i know what you me i wish agd made there product more popular..but hey i kinda of like having a marker that not alot of people know about...but the bad thing is that there isnt that many option....and the option that are there are alot of cash

Flow_Tech
05-07-2005, 12:36 PM
just remember this,you were once a "newb" and you once asked stupid questions.

SAW
05-07-2005, 12:41 PM
im losing my patience with newbs! i cant take it anymore. today soem kids asked me if my mag was a shocker, angel, spyder, tippy. i wanted to smack someone. and they asked if i had a response trigger or a e-grip. were these kids just really stupid or am i just cranky?
Just quit paintball.

mag88888
05-07-2005, 12:47 PM
i tihnk it was just today that i got that pissy. i have introduced dowzens of players to the game and i host games fro the newbs. i take money out of my pocket to share balls, air, all that stuff, usually around $20. its not easy to supply all this stuff from your pocket when your justa kid with no job. ill just forget about it, just one bad day.

Asian_Sensation
05-07-2005, 01:02 PM
no i hate newbs and i know what you mean. i was a newb once but i didnt do newb things. i played and took all advice peeps offered me i never asked questions, ust evaluatd it my self. problems with newbs today is they rely on their markers way to much and they dont want to learn anyhting they just want it to magically happen and they never work to be good. and they dont think any gun is good cuz its not response trigger or electro. ugh i hate newbs.

Flow_Tech
05-07-2005, 01:04 PM
no i hate newbs and i know what you mean. i was a newb once but i didnt do newb things. i played and took all advice peeps offered me i never asked questions, ust evaluatd it my self. problems with newbs today is they rely on their markers way to much and they dont want to learn anyhting they just want it to magically happen and they never work to be good. and they dont think any gun is good cuz its not response trigger or electro. ugh i hate newbs.
no matter how much you think you didnt do "newb" things,you did,i garuntee it.its people like you that discourage new players by calling them names and telling them they suck that keeps them from coming back.

Asian_Sensation
05-07-2005, 01:15 PM
no matter how much you think you didnt do "newb" things,you did,i garuntee it.its people like you that discourage new players by calling them names and telling them they suck that keeps them from coming back.
good i hate people who rely on there guns,thinking the guns= all the skill. And they are ALWAYS to scared to play guys with matrix's or nice cockers... it pisses me off so much i always say the best way to get better is play people who are better then you. and they say no i wouldnt stand a chance there guns are to fast.... instant me going dude wtf. ugh noob and play the guys with my rental piranha cuz my mag broke :( and i take out 2 of them. all im trying to say here is i hate newbs who rely on their gun(newbs can be anyone) and if you rely on your gun...your a newb.

JoshK
05-07-2005, 01:16 PM
They dont want to learn anyhting they just want it to magically happen and they never work to be good

i played and took all advice peeps offered me i never asked questions,

Obviously they are trying to learn if they are asking questions. I also agree with the person above me. People like you are to blame for discourageing them. If you want them to become un newbish, teach them your "mad ninja skills".

JoshK
05-07-2005, 01:19 PM
And they are ALWAYS to scared to play guys with matrix's or nice cockers...

Have you ever thought that maybe it's normal to be scared of getting shot? Maybe you people with "tourny" guns should split up amongst both teams, and maybe even go to the same bunker a "newb" is at. Have you ever thought about just trying to help them? Not hate them...

Asian_Sensation
05-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Obviously they are trying to learn if they are asking questions. I also agree with the person above me. People like you are to blame for discourageing them. If you want them to become un newbish, teach them your "mad ninja skills".
sigh i have no mad ninja skills lol and you learn by playing... its like math or any other sport... best way to learn is to do. simple as that.

AGDlover
05-07-2005, 01:20 PM
You can not blame them for not knowing what it is. I asked ppl what there gun was when i was a noob and i bet you did too and you dont think for a second maby they could have been earitated too?

chairman_mao
05-07-2005, 01:24 PM
QFT
I don't understand the mentality of the OP either. It's fairly common knowledge amongst mag owners (especially those who are part of AO) that AGD doesn't have, for lack of a better term, "newb cred". Most people who are new to the sport picked it up from playing walk on or a friend brought them. This means in many cases their first exposure was a tippy or spyder. If they liked it they tried to play more (still renting), read mags and talk to the players that are there all the time. All of this equates, in most cases, to little to no exposure to AGD and its products. Be a little bit paitent, if you love your mag sing it's praises tell them why you like it them show them what it can do. Hell let them run a couple of games with it , you'd be surprised how appreciative they will be. Rec ball should be fun and inviting and it will only be that way if everyine does their part. you :sleeping: me :cuss:

Ir something like that maybe I should just play in traffic :tard:

Asian_Sensation
05-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Have you ever thought that maybe it's normal to be scared of getting shot? Maybe you people with "tourny" guns should split up amongst both teams, and maybe even go to the same bunker a "newb" is at. Have you ever thought about just trying to help them? Not hate them...
ya i have... buy putting htem with me, on my team. but i dont have tourny guns... i was using a rental. EXACTLY what they were using. and they still didnt want to play cuz OH NO that gun is fast!..... dude and im trying to say newbs arent only people who are new to the game. newbs are people who rely on there gun way to muhc, scared to play people with high end guns, and people who are not willing to learn to get good. and being shot is part of paintball.... get use to it. also being shot buy a high end gun is no different by being shot with a rental.

JoshK
05-07-2005, 01:30 PM
also being shot buy a high end gun is no different by being shot with a rental.

Yes it is...maybe not how much it will hurt...if anything it will hurt less cause they will most likely have higher quality paintballs with thinner shells...but it is amount shots you are most likely to recieve from a electro.

bound for glory
05-07-2005, 02:35 PM
yeah, its funny when you tell people "its a mag" ;) . i shot a devilmag and in the 3 weeks i've had it, i can't count the number of people who have asked what kind of shocker is that :rofl: and when they see it rip :wow: that can't be a mag? alot of new players at emr in north pa. think a mag is some sort of missing link. like i own the very last one in existance. it's like i got bigfoot on display.

JoshK
05-07-2005, 02:41 PM
yeah, its funny when you tell people "its a mag" ;) . i shot a devilmag and in the 3 weeks i've had it, i can't count the number of people who have asked what kind of shocker is that :rofl: and when they see it rip :wow: that can't be a mag? alot of new players at emr in north pa. think a mag is some sort of missing link. like i own the very last one in existance. it's like i got bigfoot on display.

:rofl: :spit_take

REDRT
05-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Lately I've been asked what is the thing hanging in the front? When I reply it is the 18v battery they think it is cool, "so they say". I think you just had a bad day and were cranky. I like questions about mags because I feel I can answer their question better than some yahoo that never even shoot a mag on some other online forum.

JoshK
05-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Lately I've been asked what is the thing hanging in the front? When I reply it is the 18v battery they think it is cool, "so they say". I think you just had a bad day and were cranky. I like questions about mags because I feel I can answer their question better than some yahoo that never even shoot a mag on some other online forum.

Ya...but when I go to the siege, it seems like there is allways atleast one mag there. If not 10 or 11 :p, why I remember one time there were so many mags there it was being refered to as mag day! :D

REDRT
05-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Ya...but when I go to the siege, it seems like there is allways atleast one mag there. If not 10 or 11 :p, why I remember one time there were so many mags there it was being refered to as mag day! :D

Ya, but it was your spring AO day... ;)

ColdFuzion
05-07-2005, 05:00 PM
good i hate people who rely on there guns,thinking the guns= all the skill. And they are ALWAYS to scared to play guys with matrix's or nice cockers... it pisses me off so much i always say the best way to get better is play people who are better then you. and they say no i wouldnt stand a chance there guns are to fast.... instant me going dude wtf. ugh noob and play the guys with my rental piranha cuz my mag broke and i take out 2 of them. all im trying to say here is i hate newbs who rely on their gun(newbs can be anyone) and if you rely on your gun...your a newb.

Amen! Lol... My youth group went paintballing (Don't tease me, I know I'm young) and a few of them had their own guns. My teammate had his Angel Speed, and the other kids (Not counting me) had Spyders or Tippys. I brought the ULE Custom. Toward the end, the kids started leaving. There were 5 people from my youth group left. I ask if they wanta play 3 on 3, and a 17-year-old says he's afraid to play against me because I had a '$1,500 electro gun', while I was holding my $400 mech Mag. I told him that it wasn't like Sean's (Kid with Angel) gun. I let him shoot it and see. He was still scared, but wanted to play. I said I would let him and all the others use 3-shot burst, or I would go grab my pump Cocker. They went with me going pump (They basically refused to let me play unless I went pump, but I love my pump, so it was fun). One kid (Right before the game) kept thinking my gun would hurt more when and if he got shot by it. I let him go shoot it to see that it fires the same velocity as his 98C. Now they all had their hopes up, seeing that my gun was, in a sense, worse than theirs. We started the game, and I toom a pyramid at our 40 off the break. I see that most of them are like at the 20. They played the game out, while I fired every now and then, until it became a 2 (them) on 1 (Me). I guess they thought I wouldn't shoot or something (Well, I can see why; I hadn't been shooting much the 1st half of the game), so one tries to bunker me. Splatted him in the goggles. Then, me now at the 50, I shoot twice at their last man, and see him walk off. Afterwards, I asked if it was really as bad as they thought, since they had never played speedball, and they said they liked it. One of the kids is now a regular at the field. One kid asked if he could shoot my Mag against me one on one (Me having the pump still), and I still won, prooving that it's not the gun, it's the player's skill. They never said that they didn't want to play against my teammates after that (We played a 5 on 5, and me and four of my teammates played [evenly divided teams, though]).

Too long, didn't read:
Just work with the newbies, teach them. That's basically what I talked about up there.^^

-Cold

mag88888
05-07-2005, 05:08 PM
REDRT:your right i was about to post that but you beat me to it. i was having a bad day, seriously. its just that i get soo many questions about paintball adni didnt really wanna talk about ti anymore for the time being. ive introduced many to the game, i loove to help new kids out. i scramble to look for guns and masks and air for them to use. i also pay for them for balls and crap. i may be losing my money but its great to see more peeps playing. noone has said that they didnt like it yet. all the kisd have either bought my spare guns or bought new ones. they all love it and im happy to be the one who introduced them.....

mobius
05-07-2005, 05:13 PM
dude and im trying to say newbs arent only people who are new to the game. newbs are people who rely on there gun way to muhc, scared to play people with high end guns, and people who are not willing to learn to get good.

I'm not trying to knock you, but the generally accepted definition of a newb is someone who is new to the sport. If you are using it in a different way, you should state that in your very first post regarding newbs.

Again, no harm, no foul. Just trying to avoid future confusion.

Asian_Sensation
05-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm not trying to knock you, but the generally accepted definition of a newb is someone who is new to the sport. If you are using it in a different way, you should state that in your very first post regarding newbs.

Again, no harm, no foul. Just trying to avoid future confusion.

understandable. see i play mmorpg's also and they use newb as a "name calling" remark to make fun of someone who does something dumb or acts like a new player so i use it like that kinda term for everything. :spit_take

Chronobreak
05-07-2005, 07:08 PM
im not usualy mean to people
infact im GLAD to tell them its nto teh avg marker;)

its a "mag"

"mag?":kid:

"yes an AGD auto-mag"

"blah blah blah":me:

ive had everything from angel to timmy to shocker to...w/e even e/x-mag

im rather sued to it, as "well as the sterotypic mags chop and double feed" :tard:

just rock the gun.

it does get annoying sometimes when you just wanna play and all yuor getting is gun questions...heck one time i was playing and a kid came upto the net and started asking about my gun :mad:

als they dont seem to believe my mag isnot electronic or that it ahs a tipmann like "rt" trigger

just rock the gun :headbang: :shooting: and have fun

peanut butter jelly time:dance:
peanut butter jelly time:dance:

brikar
05-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I ran into the same thing last weekend. Dad brought his kids with him, played 1 stinking game, then left them to fend for themselves while he sat in the car watching. They were scared, nervous, and unnagressive.(sp) I went out with them and talked them through a game we were in, stayed with them and guided them into a few tactics. The rest of the day they did really well. Take it easy on the newbs, cause someday they will help promote our great sport! It was really fun helping them out and i felt a great satisfaction afterwards. I think you were just having a bad day...