PDA

View Full Version : New to Automags, looking for deep info.

monkeyking
05-07-2005, 01:20 PM
I just got my first Automag on Ebay (it hasn't shown up yet), but I've wanted one for years. The simplicity really appeals to me.

But I don't know too much about them. Is there a comprehensive history of changes in the marker somewhere? I'd like to know what precisely I've got here, how it works, how to fix it, and so on.

There's a lot I don't understand.

What are the "levels"?

What are the different types of valves?

What's marker's parts are compatible with what?

Little_Ho
05-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi

Welcome to Ao first off all.......

You will find a lot of Information here on AO. You just need to look around in the diffrent Threads.

If you have you Mag and dont know what to do or trouble just ask here. I am sure someone will help you.....

Little_Ho

monkeyking
05-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I can safely say that this site is a welcome shift from the usual stupidity I find on other paintball sites.

I've been reading stuff from this stie for two days and I've learned a lot, but the above questions stand.

- What are the changes made over time?

- What changes are intercompatible with what? (e.g. can any *mag frame work on any other? What about valves?)

- What does "level" mean? Is it just a version number, or are they sets of upgrades? Or what?

Boydster
05-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Levels... Just an easy way of naming the different types of bolts and power tube assemblies. Level 10 is the no chop bolt, and lvl 7 is the latest old kind of bolt that will chop. I don't know about series before those, but I do know there is no lvl 8 or lvl 9.

Besides the RT Classic Automag, everything is interchangeable. Let's hope you didn't get one of those.

Changes over time. Hmm..
The Automag Classic is all S/S and weighs quite a bit. Back then, durability was more wanted than looks and lightness. The next step is the RT Classic, which had a fast recharge valve and was not compatible with CO2. The Classic valve is the only one that you can use CO2 with. This gun was made with different parts, and I guess AGD wishes they never did release this. They opened up a program to turn this into the RT Pro. The RT Pro is the same, just they made it so it'd be compatible with everything else. Then came the ULE RT Pro, which is the same as the RT Pro, just with Ultra Light Engineering. Almost everything turned aluminum in this gun.

Here's a pretty good demonstration of how the gun works... This valve has the lvl 7 bolt. (Or earlier) And the last animation is of the lvl 10 bolt.

rtkid
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
hey
im new to this... i just got my rt older version a month ago and got a drop and a bottomline, im having a little trouble with the air, it wont go into the gun i kind of have to tap the tank and the pipes a little bit then it works, but then the stock trigger is hard to i have to make sure its allign good in order to shoot it. \

anyways i just wanted to know if theres any way if Tac-One Mainbody would fit my old rt?
or if there is any mainbody just mainbody (i dont want anything else with it) that would fit my old rt?

thanks,
Nick

monkeyking
05-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Thanks, Boydster. Just was I was trying to learn.