PDA

View Full Version : What is next?

JoshK
05-08-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm really bored, so this is just alittle discussion on what you think paintball is going to be in the future.

A few different little categories that could give you ideas...

-BPS
-Technology
-Formats (x-ball, scenario, ect)
-Banned from certain states/countries
-Clothes
-Any other thing you can think off

This thread is different from alot of other threads on this forum because it allows you to be alittle creative. Also I think it is nice to have a thread that isn't focused on the past, and how horrible everything is now.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Josh

P.s. please answer the little poll that kinda goes along with this whole topic...

AGDlover
05-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Yes i will be playing i want to get a job one day to help design and make paintball parts so i will always be playing and haveing fun

etjoyride
05-08-2005, 02:46 PM
i will definteley be playing in five years though it probably won't be as often because i'll have areal job. Unless of course i open up my own field :rolleyes: it could happen

Maggot6
05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I'll be 19, so well, that will be my first university year. When I have no money, so I imagine I'll stop in 4 years, and start again after.. On the poll I said yes in 5 years..

personman
05-08-2005, 03:00 PM
nooope probably not

Chronobreak
05-08-2005, 03:20 PM
more strict trigger /bps/board regulation

more but better standards for tounreys

possibly in some areas, but more likely an age cap or tougher enforcements on that type of thing

clothes, sleeker with padding, like those armpads that dye makes..

guns will be smaller and lighter even mroe than they are today.more efficient.

more q-laoder /warp type technologies and maybe larger psi tanks mroe widely used

5k 45 sounds nice, heck 5k 27ci anyone? :ninja:

more speedbal arena type ball, but also teh good ol woods fields and scnerio type stuff around for those that wish.

hopefully better and cheaper ways to weed out the cheaters guns/players

--edit, il prob still ahve my mag too..or A mag

JoshK
05-08-2005, 03:23 PM
more strict trigger /bps/board regulation

more but better standards for tounreys

possibly in some areas, but more likely an age cap or tougher enforcements on that type of thing

clothes, sleeker with padding, like those armpads that dye makes..

guns will be smaller and lighter even mroe than they are today.more efficient.

more q-laoder /warp type technologies and maybe larger psi tanks mroe widely used

5k 45 sounds nice, heck 5k 27ci anyone? :ninja:

more speedbal arena type ball, but also teh good ol woods fields and scnerio type stuff around for those that wish.

hopefully better and cheaper ways to weed out the cheaters guns/players

--edit, il prob still ahve my mag too..or A mag

Someone finally answered the main questions of this thread :rolleyes:

Thanks for being a good rolemodel chronobreak :p

Glickman
05-08-2005, 03:46 PM
collegiate paintball here i come!

bound for glory
05-08-2005, 04:12 PM
people get hurt from the ramping guns and cheater boards, no one will be playing paintball in 5 years.

NoForts4Me
05-08-2005, 04:46 PM
-BPS: Has reached its high point. While markers may be capable, most tournaments and fields will cap at around 15-17, no more than 20.

-Technology: More efficiency near future; no air, all electric/battery a little farther down the road.

-Formats (x-ball, scenario, ect): The first time I played in 1991, I played Woods and Speedball. I played yesterday, and played Woods and Speedball. So, I don't see that changing much for rec players. Scenario will only increase, with more intricate story lines, and some format that is more TV friendly will develop (what, I don't know).

-Banned from certain states/countries: Not if we use our heads and maintain a safe sport.

-Clothes: Well, I'm not much on fashion, I'll still be wearing a long sleeve black t-shirt and tiger striped bdu's. Maybe more padding accepted/allowed only if balls will break on it. If speeds stay the same, or increase, this may become required.

-Any other thing you can think of: Hopefully, many more people playing because there are more formats to chose from, so there is something for everyone.

I think the future of the sport is postive, once the corporate end shakes out. I certainly hope to be playing with my kids 10 years from now.