PDA

View Full Version : Rare Breed gets MVT

shartley
05-09-2005, 04:58 AM
http://www.shartleycustoms.com/rarebreed/rbgroup1.jpg

I don’t have all the details yet, or pictures (besides this one), but I just found out that the Shartley Customs Factory Team “Rare Breed” (scenario team 30+ strong) was awarded the MVT for the Sherwood Forest G.I.Joe Game this past weekend. They also played on the side of the Joes and WON. And from what I understand this win was by 7000 points.

I will post more when I get it….

Great job guys! :clap:

(Note: Two in the picture do not have my jerseys on. That is because we only expected to field 30 players at this event, and two more went. They will be outfitted as well.)

TheTramp
05-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Congratulations. It's always nice to se your friends do well. If they're your friends who are sporting your jerseys it's even better. :)

MicroMiniMe
05-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Nice work. I think the MVT means more than the amount by which their side won by.

chairman_mao
05-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Wery Wery Nice Congratulations

shartley
05-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys.

And yes, the MVT means MUCH more than if they won or lost, or by how much. :cheers:

manike
05-09-2005, 09:32 AM
The Joes won by a LONG way! :)

PBN 'Mod Squad' was playing on the same side.

shartley
05-09-2005, 09:35 AM
The Joes won by a LONG way! :)

PBN 'Mod Squad' was playing on the same side.
Were you by any chance playing with the “Mod Squad”? I didn’t catch which side you finally decided to play on.

And did you get that beer I told the guys to have ready for you?

manike
05-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Yes... on the mod squad.

Only beer I got, I stole from Dan Voils and replaced with water... :spit_take

rkjunior303
05-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Only beer I got, I stole from Dan Voils and replaced with water... :spit_take

ha! i'm sure dan LOVED finding that.

shartley
05-09-2005, 09:52 AM
ha! i'm sure dan LOVED finding that.
No doubt…. I have found few things that taste worse than WATER when you are expecting something else. LOL Or should I say it is the LACK of taste that get you.

Of course there was a guy I knew who got back from the field (when I was in the service) and was all hot and tired. When he got to his room he dropped his gear and looked around. He didn’t turn on the light, so the room was still pretty dark. But he DID see that his roommate had a big bottle of Coke out on the refrigerator (a lot of the guys got those small dorm size ones) and it was still ¾ full…. So he took a big swig.

He learned several things that day….

1) Turn on the light when you get to your room.
2) Don’t drink something that is not yours.
3) Breakfree may look like Coke in a dimly lit room, but tastes a whole lot worse!

You see, his roommate got to the room first and had cleaned his rifle… but did not put away his cleaning solvent. :eek:

manike
05-09-2005, 03:23 PM
:eek:

Not nice.

I'm suprised Dan could tell the difference since it was Coors Lite... same as water in my book. :rofl:

Me at the event... Watch for goggleflage to make a come back... :D :shooting:

http://www.dbnpaintball.com/gijoe/images/IMG_1412.jpg

shartley
05-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Watch for goggleflage to make a come back... :D :shooting:

NO!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

Automaggot68
05-09-2005, 08:00 PM
http://www.dbnpaintball.com/gijoe/images/IMG_1412.jpg
I dont see anything!

Jeffy-CanCon
05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
:eek:

Not nice.

I'm suprised Dan could tell the difference since it was Coors Lite... same as water in my book. :rofl:

Me at the event... Watch for goggleflage to make a come back... :D :shooting:

A goggleflage comeback?!

Nooooo!!! :eek: I foolishly traded mine for a lousy case of Sam Adams. :cry:

manike
05-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Jeff, there's like 5 sets in a secret hidden box in the warehouse... :dance:

Dayspring
05-10-2005, 09:57 AM
What gun is that Simon? I don't recognize it. Bushmaster?

legion_02
05-10-2005, 11:09 AM
That looks like the new B2k5. Man I want to get my hands on one of those. How was it shooting?

manike
05-10-2005, 12:46 PM
That looks like the new B2k5. Man I want to get my hands on one of those. How was it shooting?

Yep. And it was shooting awesomely. :shooting:

rkjunior303
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
the thing is tiny, huh?

simon, AFTICA will have goggleflauge right? ;)

shartley
05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
I put up a small gallery of pictures from this event, and more are coming. Our photographer has not gotten all the pictures to us yet.

http://www.shartleycustoms.com/gijoe.html

vonort
05-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I've posted this in other forums so I might as well say it here. Rare Breed more than deserved the MVT for this event. Those guys bailed my butt out of hot spots more than once during the event. 1st Mercenary Group is happy to have such a team supporting us at the event.

Manike.. I do recall seeing the Mod Squad Jerseys around me quite a bit too. Glad to have had you guys on our side too. It was a great event. Get to do it all again in about a week and half at Realms of Ruin for Hellchild now. And at this point I will steel a line from Rare Breed.

HOOOTTTTYYYY HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :shooting:

shartley
05-12-2005, 04:55 AM
I've posted this in other forums so I might as well say it here. Rare Breed more than deserved the MVT for this event. Those guys bailed my butt out of hot spots more than once during the event. 1st Mercenary Group is happy to have such a team supporting us at the event.

Manike.. I do recall seeing the Mod Squad Jerseys around me quite a bit too. Glad to have had you guys on our side too. It was a great event. Get to do it all again in about a week and half at Realms of Ruin for Hellchild now. And at this point I will steel a line from Rare Breed.

HOOOTTTTYYYY HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :shooting:
Thanks for the post. We are planning a bunch of other stuff, and I am seeing if we can send some guys to Hellchild. I don’t think it will be the whole group, but maybe some.