PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area Hydro sites?

mrbrutal
05-09-2005, 10:17 AM
I thought there was a post here a while ago about places to hydro tanks in the SF Bay Area. Did a search but could not find the post. So, I got a tank that needs hydro by next month. The dive shop I usually go to in San Carlos, Wallins, doesnt do paintball tanks. Any other places I can go to get my tank hydro'ed?

Thanks

covadsucks
05-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Ditto for me as I have two tanks in need of hydro and I don't feel like paying 80 bucks or more to my local dive shop for what should cost around 50 elsewhere.

nastymag
05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Jason (owner of norcalpaintballpark) does them i believe, i gave him my tank to hydro and it turned out it didnt need to be hydroed.

give his store a call

their webiste is Norcalpaintballpark.com

Vex
05-10-2005, 06:00 AM
I recommend www.hydrotester.com (http://www.hydrotester.com)--you mail your tank to them and they'll turn it around in 24 hours. They also put a nice, neat, little sticker on your tank too!
Anyway, they are very reasonable and affordable--$16.95. Check out the site and call them if you have any questions.
They are in Washington state.

covadsucks
05-10-2005, 09:59 AM
kewl, thanks man.

yakitori
05-10-2005, 11:06 AM
http://www.plantitearth.com/main.asp

:D.

stupiddogg
05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
your local firedepartment will do them also I found out recently

mrbrutal
05-11-2005, 03:00 PM
I will give hydrotester.com a try

kurama
05-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Fire dept. is cheap, and they hydro tanks :)

Vex
05-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Fire dept. is cheap, and they hydro tanks :)
Yes--but keep in mind, they are used to handling big scuba tanks, not "fragile" paintball tanks. Have you seen the condition of their own tanks? I'd think twice about using your local FD. Also, they don't hydro their own, they send them out, usually to a dive shop--they just get a discount, that's why they're cheap(er).

Seriously--go with hydrotester.com, you won't regret it! I PROMISE!
(I am in no way affiliated with them, I am just a very satisfied customer!)

Tim 3
05-12-2005, 05:41 PM
nice info!
thanks

Rynoboy06
05-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I used hydrotester.com and it was perfect. Gone and back in under a week, for under $30 with full service - reg removal and replacement, including shipping it there. With that level of speed and service, at that price, I see no reason to give it to anyone else unless you personally work at a dive store AND you're a certified airsmith qualified to remove and replace tank regs. Remember this is also a safety issue. Hydrotester.com is a baller's best friend when you need rehydro.

Vex
05-13-2005, 12:48 AM
I used hydrotester.com and it was perfect. Gone and back in under a week, for under $30 with full service - reg removal and replacement, including shipping it there. With that level of speed and service, at that price, I see no reason to give it to anyone else unless you personally work at a dive store AND you're a certified airsmith qualified to remove and replace tank regs. Remember this is also a safety issue. Hydrotester.com is a baller's best friend when you need rehydro.
QFT and I agree whole-heartedly. :headbang: