PDA

View Full Version : Vision Impulse or Egripped A-5

mobsterboy
05-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello one and all
I had a discussion with a fellow paintball player not too long ago, and didn't feel like arguing him out
So I'll let you decide
I have a 2004 SmartParts (hey, it works and I mow faces) Visioned Impulse, with Shocktech Tapeworm LPR kit, FireballMountain Delrin Trigger, Vert Maxflo(a given, but is worth decently more than a horizontal), DART Delrin Bolt (Planet Eclipse), Hybrid Technologies Midrise Clamping feedneck and a ubernice Chrome Flame On/Off Drop forward, running either a nitroduck CarbonFiber 68-4500 or a Centerflag 68-5000

Thats my setup

HE, however thinks that his setup is worth more
I'm dead serious here too
Tippmann A-5, egripped, with minor mods to "blow on the trigger and have it shoot".
OH, the kicker, he says he does 20 bps and he's running it on non-anti-syphoned co2

Honestly, give me a magnetic kit and i'll get mine to do the same thing
MetalThorn345 is his AO name and his AIm
and he can reclarify any other mods on his gun

Which is worth more
Honestly
Post em up

Glickman
05-09-2005, 06:42 PM
i will pay $50 to see him shoot 20 bps.

my friend was shooting about 16 on co2 and that froze the bolt, then cracked it

just ignore him, thats the best way to say...

"your an idiot" ;)

cdacda13
05-09-2005, 06:45 PM
its immpossible for a tippmann to shoot faster then 15 BPS. The ram cycle can only do 15 cycles per second before it starts to have incomplete cycles. Incomplete cycles= blender.

With that being said, both guns now adays have TERRIBLE resale value. Egriped !-5 go for about 250, MAYBE 300 if you find the right buyer.
Impys go for about 375-400

Ill let the numbers do the talking

buzzboy
05-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Honestly your gun by itself is worth more than his entire setup.

Maggot6
05-09-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll add another $20 to see him shoot 20 bps on a tippmann..That is balls a second, not cycles(or incomplete)

Glickman
05-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Hello one and all
I had a discussion with a fellow paintball player not too long ago, and didn't feel like arguing him out
So I'll let you decide
I have a 2004 SmartParts (hey, it works and I mow faces) Visioned Impulse, with Shocktech Tapeworm LPR kit, FireballMountain Delrin Trigger, Vert Maxflo(a given, but is worth decently more than a horizontal), DART Delrin Bolt (Planet Eclipse), Hybrid Technologies Midrise Clamping feedneck and a ubernice Chrome Flame On/Off Drop forward, running either a nitroduck CarbonFiber 68-4500 or a Centerflag 68-5000

Thats my setup

HE, however thinks that his setup is worth more
I'm dead serious here too
Tippmann A-5, egripped, with minor mods to "blow on the trigger and have it shoot".
OH, the kicker, he says he does 20 bps and he's running it on non-anti-syphoned co2

Honestly, give me a magnetic kit and i'll get mine to do the same thing
MetalThorn345 is his AO name and his AIm
and he can reclarify any other mods on his gun

Which is worth more
Honestly
Post em up

tell him to post a video of him at a chrono with 20bps.

and tell him no... "my only video camera broken" doesnt work

Pyroboy597
05-09-2005, 07:12 PM
i will give him ANOTHER 10$ to do it, plus 5$ if he video tapes it and puts it up here (that doesnt mean im actually gonna pay :P)

FireITup14
05-09-2005, 07:37 PM
ill give a couple monopoly dollars if he posts a vid of 20 bps on that gun

BD_Paintball
05-09-2005, 07:40 PM
imp for sure

CKY_Alliance
05-09-2005, 08:08 PM
I believe the noid in the e-grip can only do like 14-15 so yea unless he chnged the noid then theres no way and even then the board prolly won allow that rate of fire...and how the hell do you make an e-grip so it shoots when you blow on it??Not saying that mod cant be done im just wondering..the 20bps i do say is bs.The e-grip mechanism you push the trigger against reminds me of the little hair clips girls use where they snap one way then snap the other way...yes i know im good at describing stuff.
O yea the imp for sure your lucky to get 270 for a used e-grip tippman.

Carbon
05-09-2005, 10:04 PM
why do you even bother with this post,you know your gun is worth more.

man e gloating is worse than IRL gloating

yakitori
05-10-2005, 06:49 AM
I thought egrips were capped at 13bps

mobsterboy
05-10-2005, 06:55 AM
im being serious here, he wanted to know, so i didnt feel like arguing him out
and really, im not egloating, im e-b@tchslapping him in the face for saying that an a-5 is worth more than a vision impulse
well, its nice to know everyone loves my gun more than an A-5 (big whoop)
Thanks
I'll be sure to pass this thread along

TheTramp
05-10-2005, 08:46 AM
I thought egrips were capped at 13bps

They are.

He ABSOLUTLY cannot shoot his A-5 at 20bps because the board in his e-grip will not allow him to.

I'd say that your gun could be sold for $350-$400 (and that's only because it has vision) and his for $250-$300.

yakitori
05-10-2005, 08:58 AM
your imp is worth a lot more than his a5. I thought the A5 egrip was capped at 13. And also the cyclone is rougher on paint at more than 15bps, even w/ the RT. It will start breaking paint.

VFX_Fenix
05-10-2005, 11:20 AM
As has been said, the Imp with ups vs. the A-5 with stated ups is worth more on the current market. However if the A-5 is "scenario trimmed" it could be worth more depending on what all's been done to it. The A-5, due to it's very nature (again as others have said) can't cycle that fast, it'd be nice, but it just isn't possible/practicle based on everything that I know about the A-5. I will concede that there's a guy on A5OG who either has or is in the process of modding an E-Bolt kit for an M98C over to the A-5 at which point he would be able to shoot that fast though I doubt he has that.

mobsterboy
05-10-2005, 05:08 PM
nope sorry
no ebolt
if he did have money for an ebolt, he would have bought an ion and joined my team as he's supposed to
My team being me him and another guy right now b/c TAF is obsessed with Halo2 and is too much of a wuss to play in the summer
and i got this from him
"I've played 4 summers in the type of climate it is, I wont do another. Besides, Halo2 is so much better"-TAF(aka Gideon1331, Drew monteith)

nameless143
05-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Theres a vid of a Tippy 98c with an ebolt, and predator 2 doing around 20. Here is is: http://www.model98.net/nn/eboltmod/MOV00469.MPG

Pha|anx
05-13-2005, 10:57 PM
O yea the imp for sure your lucky to get 270 for a used e-grip tippman.

Feel free to go ahead and flame a 3 post n00b but-- They go for $280 brand new with E-Grip/Double Trigger from our dealer.

So yes your IMP is worth more, despite it being a SP gun-- :rolleyes:

BD_Paintball
05-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Feel free to go ahead and flame a 3 post n00b but-- They go for $280 brand new with E-Grip/Double Trigger from our dealer.

So yes your IMP is worth more, despite it being a SP gun-- :rolleyes:

whats wrong with sp?

tyrion2323
05-14-2005, 07:17 AM
whats wrong with sp?

Some people object to Smart Parts because of their business practices. While this is understandable, a company's business practices don't directly translate into their product quality.

The reason I stay away from Smart Parts is shared by many - low quality materials and horrendous customer service.

mobsterboy
05-14-2005, 01:47 PM
*POOF* your guns and equipment and there wont be poor customer service
and again, *POOF* your guns and equipment and it wouldnt be low quality

Im all for sp making ions, b/c it gives everyone a cheap backup gun if they choose not to be ignorant about guns

I mean really, who cares about low priced high quality guns. Its not the gun that makes the player, its the skill that makes the player
so why flame about ions

as for tippys with pred, wow, we definitely are talking about a 13-14 year old who has an a-5 because, well because who knows, and when he really should be getting a nitrotank, hes getting an egrip
if he had money for an ebolt and a pred board, he'd have an ion instead

tyrion2323
05-14-2005, 02:56 PM
*POOF* your guns and equipment and there wont be poor customer service
and again, *POOF* your guns and equipment and it wouldnt be low quality

Im all for sp making ions, b/c it gives everyone a cheap backup gun if they choose not to be ignorant about guns

I mean really, who cares about low priced high quality guns. Its not the gun that makes the player, its the skill that makes the player
so why flame about ions

as for tippys with pred, wow, we definitely are talking about a 13-14 year old who has an a-5 because, well because who knows, and when he really should be getting a nitrotank, hes getting an egrip
if he had money for an ebolt and a pred board, he'd have an ion instead

Your post is out of line. Nobody's flaming Ions or Smart Parts here. Grow up, or go back to PBN.

mobsterboy
05-14-2005, 03:35 PM
well then tyrion, whats your problem with smartparts
we all heard your customer service and low quality materials

i assumed when you said low quality materials, i thought you meant the smartparts ion, because the body is basically plastic; a composite-type shell

enlighten me and maybe i will edit my post
it is seriously over half of all players problems, they mess with it, it breaks, and companies like sp get probably thousands of calls a day, so they say the :cuss: with it, who cares?

MarkM
05-14-2005, 08:30 PM
well then tyrion, whats your problem with smartparts
we all heard your customer service and low quality materials

i assumed when you said low quality materials, i thought you meant the smartparts ion, because the body is basically plastic; a composite-type shell

enlighten me and maybe i will edit my post
it is seriously over half of all players problems, they mess with it, it breaks, and companies like sp get probably thousands of calls a day, so they say the :cuss: with it, who cares?

I will edit your post and also I will give you 3 days for inflamatory posting and cuss filter avoidence....tyrion2323 was replying within context and to a previous post and was polite about it...you weren't, the answer wasn't even directed towards you...just because you start a thread doesn't mean that you have total control over what people ask within it.

cdacda13
05-14-2005, 08:33 PM
e-bolt is for 98 custom
e-grip is for A-5.

A predator board can not be put into an e-grip.

Teamslayer76
05-14-2005, 09:43 PM
I don't think anyone noted that the Feed system is also limtied to 15bps.... Pnumatic Hopper? Eh...it worked for a F/a but a5 erip no... And I'll also pitch in to this this, $20 bucks into the pot if he can make his A-5 Egrip shoot 20 paintballs persecond, on a chrono and make a video of it.

mobsterboy
05-17-2005, 08:25 PM
note to self, avoid MarkM at all times

IM BACK GUYS

yeah, he realized its a physical impossibility, so all bets are off

Heck if someone bets enough, i'll do it, it would only take hacking off the loader, fabricating a vert feed on, bondoing and sanding, primer, and then threading for a feedneck, and i'd have 105 right now
of course id have to buy a a-5 and learn to do the rest
and then a new board and bolt, so its not worth it, i could make it a ion conversion, refabricate the a-5
its a lot of work

someone told me that you could get banned for putting in *s. Well, i think *--err, no, i just got off banment
thanks markm for limiting my stuff
and tyrion, you still never explained the problems with sp

cdacda13
05-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Its impossible for a tippmann to shoot over 15 BPS, unless you modify the ram cycle. After 15 BPS, the cycles become incomplete, and therefore pinches balls, no matter how fast you feed paint.

11 Bravo
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
The cylcone feeder on the A5 will feed 17 18 bps reliably. Anything more than that it does begin to skip. Testing was done by W.A.S. while they were developing a board for Tippmann. The egrips board is capped at 15 bps so it is not possible for your friends egrip to shoot 20 bps. The rt on the a5 could do it.