PDA

View Full Version : Team Never takes 2nd and 3rd at CTS

tony3
05-09-2005, 08:46 PM
We played the 2nd event of the CTS tourney series(www.ctspaintball.com). After a disappointing 4th and 12th finish at the last one we mowed today and ended up getting 2nd and 3rd.

The day started getting to our captains house at around 7, we all finally got there around 11. We just fixxed guns, changed halo batteries and stuff. My captain, his brother, and his dad gave us a little rock show with some black sabbath and led z. I filled in on the drums for a few songs, for never playing drums before, I say I did pretty good. Everyone slowly started going to sleep and 3 of us stayed up alittle later talking about our plans for this season. We went in at 11:30-12ish. Most of the team was sleeping except 4 of us couldn't, well I could, they just kept bothering me. It ended up with some people getting mildly sharpied all in good fun.

We had to wake up at 4:30 and get out the door at 5 if we wanted to eat breakfast somewhere and get to the field by 7. We were late getting out and got to the field around 6:15-6:30 and just ate mcdonalds at the field. We walked all 3 fields they had a really good xball field setup for the tourney which was nice. Games started at 9.

Our first 2 games of the day were against our 2 novice teams. In our 6 prelim games we play 2 novice teams(we are rookie). We didn't even know they were novice until after we played them. Our first game it came down to us 2 and them 3, and me and a teammate pulled it our because of our good field position and won the game. Our next game against element we mowed them. They ended up getting 3rd in the novice bracket. Both of the novice teams we played ended up making finals. We mowed through the rest of prelims not dropping a game, we were first after prelims.

Finals was 2 teams from each bracket and 2 wild cards, and its a round robin. We had won 5 of our 7 games and our 6th game was against the 2nd place team. It was 2 on 2, we dropped one and I was all alone. I held them off for a bit and was about to make a game changing move and got gogged. At that time we each had lost 1 game. They were in the lead by 4 points. So basically we needed to max our next game to have a chance at first. We were playing a team we beat in prelims but got 3rd last tourney. We all put everything into it. It was 2 on 4 at the end with me and a teammate. I was on the 50 and he was in the snake and we held them off till the time ran out. We ended up getting 2nd and 3rd place and winning some crappy prizes. Hopefully we will have some pics soon. You can thank the lack of pics to our cameraman suicidal_snyper for not coming ;)

Our proto gear ended up not coming in so we will have it for the tourney next weekend. Oh well, thank you to our sponsors, Proto, Bad Boyz Toyz, Shocktech USA, The Badlandz, Syn USA, Mcdonalds, and Jayloo.com.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
05-09-2005, 08:50 PM
shaddup tony i was ready to go but due to the lack of communication from the team i didnt know what time until it was too late! btw footage from their last tournament at cts will be up shortly :)

shartley
05-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Congratz! :)

Pants
05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Omg tonyyyy secksbeast, good job. You've made panties mighty proud.

Now when are you going to send me plane tickets so I can come guest for you guys?

TSovern
05-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't think losing 3 bodies to a team that started the game with 4 players and a backman that could barely move due to an ankle sprain, should be described as "mowed"

Blazestorm
05-10-2005, 12:53 PM
No excuses, they lost.

"Mowed" or not, they won.

abunkerer
05-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Good job guys!
:cheers:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
05-10-2005, 08:52 PM
I think I atleast deserve a thank you.

tony3
05-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks to mayamonkeybeyourpinata for letting me use his matrix the whole tourney, actually 2 weeks in a row, it mowed people all day.

Also, TSovern, whatever happened or whatever we had a really good game, not trying to talk down about your team because you guys are obviously damn good if you are placing 2 times in a row in novice.

dj89
05-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Good job tony hope my team will do just as good.