PDA

View Full Version : hyperframe or adj. system?

bojangles1983
05-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I have an RT Pro, Halo, 88 4500 preset at ~850. I want to shoot fast... (mainly just to show off) Do I want to go with an adjustable tank like a max flow system and turn it up to about 950 or do I want to go with a 20bps hyperframe? I know I will be able to fan the trigger with the hyperframe, which is an option i like a bit better than having to get my finger just right with the preset. My main question is, will the hyperframe work fine with the standard RT valve or do I need to go with a ULT trigger kit to really get that 20 bps?? thanks for the feedback!

mark_1791
05-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Personally, I'm getting the hyperframe, but I think its alot easier to hit crazy speeds with the adjustable tank and rapid fire. Zak says he does over 20 alot. For actual playing though, I'd go with the Hyperframe (which is what I did) because it's tourney legal.

frop
05-10-2005, 02:06 AM
^^ not only tourney legal, field legal (at least at most places that don't allow bounce, etc.)

Hyperframes come w/ an on/off that is essentially a ULT, & it needs it, it doesn't have an emag's monster noid. So no, RT on/off won't work

Enemy
05-10-2005, 02:13 AM
ult works better than what comes with hyperframe!! alot better.

frop
05-10-2005, 02:15 AM
I believe it, it just seems that many people have no idea that hyperframes came w/ an on/off or why.

Sk8ermog
05-10-2005, 06:49 AM
The on/off for a hyperframe made by centerflag was originally used for the classic valve and should only be used in a classic valve. I've used one in a RT valve and it works, but not as well as the ULT kit. Your best bet would be to get a RT valve the takes the ULT and install a ULT kit will as many spacers (shims) as you can so that the noid in the hyperframe uses less batteries to activate the trigger. I have about 4 in mine with one being a LvL10 shim.

If you want to go with the RT with higher input pressure from your tank then your o-rings are going to wear down a lot faster and the LvL10 will leak a lot more often... that is if you have one.

Check out the video I made of my 20bps hypermag: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169595

Its on the last page. hope that helps.