PDA

View Full Version : RT v TacOne Question

JMAN
05-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I have a simple question as I was looking about the AGD site. I'm looking to buy a TacOne, but I don't need the body; I don't plan on adding sights/flashlights. Hence, I thought why not get the RT it should be cheaper, right?

Although the internals are all the same you need to add a new frame and barrel to match a TacOne. The cost ends up going up to $483, compared to the $450 for a TacOne.

My question is why such a difference in price, does the RT hold some sort of advantage?

The other question I pose, is there somewhere to get a TacOne cheaper than $450? Dealer?

Thank in advance.

slade
05-10-2005, 07:47 PM
to get the best price on a mag check out the classifieds here, or if you want one new pm a dealer here: Tunaman, Roguefactor, and Coolhand are three of the major dealers on this forum.

richie
05-10-2005, 08:15 PM
You get a tac one,I'll trade you a nickle ule & some $$ for the tac body.I am looking for another one.Let me know.And yes Tunaman is the guy to go to. :D

TheTramp
05-11-2005, 09:09 AM
My question is why such a difference in price, does the RT hold some sort of advantage?

No, they are the same gun with a different body. If you math is correct then the Tac-One is the better deal it's as simple as that.

jdaniels
05-11-2005, 09:53 AM
I have gone through this about 6 or 8 months ago. The exact same gun, but I think they are trying to sell the tacs so they dropped the price. You really need to contact the above dealers for a much better price. I didnt see whitewolf mentioned. I bought my tac one from tuna and he is great. I love my tac one. you wont be dissapointed with either choice.

slade
05-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I didnt see whitewolf mentioned.
hes a great dealer, hes actually who i bought from, but hes not on AO much and i think tuna gives a better price.

TMAXXKING1
05-11-2005, 02:02 PM
take a look at this . if your after an rt pro ..
this is the one to go with ,,,
custom from rogue :bounce:
the paridigm :wow:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163345 :shooting:

JMAN
05-11-2005, 07:27 PM
That looks like a nice deal, very sleek. One question, is he including the ULE Trigger Kit installed and set up for only 10 extra dollars? If so then that's just great. :wow:

I need to start saving the cash should have it in a few paychecks; added the page as a favorite. :)

Once I get the cash I'll email the rest of the dealers and let capitalism work it's magic.

Thanks for the link TMAXXKING1.

I'll be upgrading from an A5, and giving it to my younger brother. Although I'm a straight woodsballers, I don't need the TacOne frame and would be upgrading the barrel so it has some extras I don't need. Mags being simple to maintain and rugged, as I've read snooping the forums, seem like the evolutionary step.

If anyone has any other deals I should look at please post. I should be getting it late June, and will post pics. Thanks for the help so far.

:cheers:

mark_1791
05-11-2005, 09:00 PM
If you want a new gun, the Paradigm is definitly the best deal. And yes, the ULT is only $10 more. :D

TMAXXKING1
05-11-2005, 09:08 PM
yup a ult tuned for a 10 buck upgrade .. and the rail is uled for less weight ... with a forgrip slot to move the grip front or back ...

no more lame bulky chunk of sharp stainless mount on the front .. that the standerd rt pro comes with ..