PDA

View Full Version : ult on hypermag

onedude36
05-10-2005, 08:10 PM
How do I know if I have too many or too little shims in my ult on my hyperframed xvalved mag? I played saturday with a gun that had a slow leak every other shot, capped at five(it would chuff if I went faster). How do I fix this. Yes I sound like a nob, but I dont care. I need this ripping. tornament soon.

onedude36
05-10-2005, 09:56 PM
The leak is coming from the back of the trigger frame, so im 90% sure its the on/off. If it leaks do I add shims or remove shims?
Yes I feel like a :tard:

mark_1791
05-10-2005, 10:12 PM
not sure about leaking, but when it will only shoot 5 bps, it is having shootdown. You need to add more shims.

MMaglpc
05-11-2005, 11:16 AM
call centeflag and ask Dennis for the new system settings for the ULT. I had a like problem with sear not re-setting. With the ULT u need to change the service mode settings. Mine works flawlessly. I can rip at 15 bps on semi auto!!! Def call him for the new settings. It's worth it. As for shims i have six in my ULT.

barone
05-11-2005, 01:14 PM
ok i got a tac-one with the ult installed and x, valve and level 10 and intellgent frame.. should i get electric trigger or stay with machnical and ware can i get a canterflag hyperframe
?????

onedude36
05-11-2005, 06:23 PM
^to that dude, if you want to shoot fast and keep it lighter than an emag, then hyperframes seem to be a good idea. You might also want to consider a homemade pneumatic conversion. I might try this soon.

every one else: I'll shim it up and tell you how it goes.

onedude36
05-12-2005, 10:46 PM
How do I know when I have too many shims? Not enough? is there a tuturial, like for lvlX? I couldn't find one.

Joni
05-13-2005, 08:09 AM
The ULT is intended to be installed with a mechanical frame. With it you just add shims until you get too much reactivity basically.

onedude36
05-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Then how do I get it to stop the slow leak, and without it chuffing when I shoot fast? I'm pretty sure the lvlx is tuned right, because when I switch with a lvl7 the leak doesnt change. It will like have a slow leak, I'll shoot it, it changes flow rate wise. I dont want to have to got to a shop for this so lets fix this.

onedude36
05-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok the leak is gone, but the cap is still at 8. It will chuff, and half shoot a ball out of the barrel, then the one behind it hits it, which looks cool, but wont hit anyone. How Do I get it to stop chuffing?
I hope Im not being repetetive...

Carbon Blue
05-15-2005, 04:15 PM
how many shims do you have in their now?? that chuffing you are referring to is usually a result of too little shims. Keep adding and adding shims until you get to your desired trigger feel. I know i had 5 ULT shims in mine and 1 lvl10 shim in there. Remember 1 Lvl10 shim= 2 ULT shims. I was able to fit a max of 7 shims in my xvalve before the valve would not slide into the body anymore. Hope that helps. Make sure everything is well oiled also.