PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my retro

ElementEclipse
11-25-2001, 05:50 PM
hey, i have a retro valve on my micromag and before i put the retro valve on it it was working fine, then i put the retro valve on it and it went nuts. It wouldn't charge up enough and it leaked down the barrel. When i pulled the trigger back it stopped the leak, but it didn;t fire. I put my old sear rod back into it and it helped a little, but it wouldn't fire right, so i adjusted the sear rod a tad, and it did the same thing again. What should i do?

Xzion
11-25-2001, 05:55 PM
put your sear and trigger rod back where they belong, and put in a shorter power tube spacer, you should have gotten several extra spacers with your ReTro Valve.

ElementEclipse
11-25-2001, 06:18 PM
i bought it used, and he had a minimag that it was in before. I work with the guy and he said it was firing fine before hand. Do i maybe need a different lenghth because it is a micromag?

Xzion
11-25-2001, 08:30 PM
Ask the guy you bought it from if he still has the extra power tube spacers, if not call AGD, I wouldnt be surprised if they sent you a few for free, if not, buy a 'Power Tube Spacer Kit'. thats probably your problem, because the tolerences from gun to gun differ slightly, your micromag probably needs a size smaller power tube spacer than his Minimag did, the rule of thumb goes, if you get bolt stick, install a longer power tube spacer, if you get barrel leak, you need a shorter power tube spacer. What spacer do you have in there now?

ElementEclipse
11-25-2001, 08:32 PM
i don't know, how can i find out???

Xzion
11-25-2001, 08:41 PM
unscrew your power tube tip and shake out the brass spacer inside, the number should be etched into the side of the spacer, im on AIM right now, feel free to hop on and chat, im Project Phantasm

ElementEclipse
11-25-2001, 08:47 PM
my AIM is being really wacky in my town, none of us can get on... oh well, i will try and talk to you about it tomorrow, thanks for your help, alls i have to do is get a smaller one?

Xzion
11-25-2001, 08:49 PM
ah, well, I added you to my AIM anyway, just check the number on your current spacer, and either get the spacers you bought the valve from, or buy a spacer kit from AGD and install a spacer with the next smallest number.

ElementEclipse
11-25-2001, 09:00 PM
spacer size right now is .225....how much are spacer kits?

ElementEclipse
11-25-2001, 09:04 PM
also, when i gassed it up it kinda shot full auto, only the air was coming out of the back hole, i adjusted the velocity and that fixed it, hopefully the power tube spacers will work...sigh

Xzion
11-25-2001, 09:08 PM
.220 shouuld work, if not, go one smaller, I have a .220 spacer you could have if you want, hopefully it will solve the problem, and save you the 15 bucks for a power tube spacer kit. the air out the back was probably just due to the velocity too high, the valve automatically vents the velocity is set too high.

Im gonna hop into the AO chat room, meet me there if you like :)