PDA

View Full Version : Matrix:Online (MxO)

Dayspring
05-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Any AO people on MxO?

Method server- Dayspring

edweird
05-11-2005, 09:16 PM
I have been meaning to give it a try but my work schedule kinda screws up my prefered time to game

Rather
05-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Let me know how many usernames have the word Neo in it in any way, shape, or form. IF its not as bad as I'd think it to be i might pick up a copy (so long as i don't have to pay for it monthly). :tard:

Dayspring
05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
You don't see many if any "Neo" lookalikes in game.

But it's a MMORPG. So there is a monthly charge. But you can do it in a block of 3 months like I do.

CaptaiN_JacK
05-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Would someone please explain to me some details of this game, like how it works? I saw some cinematics for it and all it looked like was a 1v1 fighter game, not a MMORPG.

Dayspring
05-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Well, it's got missions that you can do as 1 player or as a team. You can group together with other players as a "crew" and that crew can align with the 3 factions - Zion, Merovingian and Machines.

What you see in the demos is the interlock combat system. Kind of a turn based/roll-skill based combat system. Takes a bit of getting used to at the begining but since they got out of beta, it's REALLY easy to understand.

The cool part of the game is that you aren't stuck as one character class the entire way. You can load and unload skills and abilities as you see fit.

The megacity is HUGE and quite detailed.

There is an opt-in PVP system so you can choose to battle other players or not.

Check out www.thematrixonline.com for more info.

I think at the end of this month, I get 3 passes for a friend to play for a week for free. If you're interested, let me know.