PDA

View Full Version : spyder to a mag

marctooshbro
05-11-2005, 08:03 PM
I have a spyder and i want to know how much of a upgrade it would be to get a stock mag i apologize for such a stupid question

Chronobreak
05-11-2005, 08:29 PM
in what way?

speed, reliability?

the mag is a far superior product in ever way, except use of co2 and speed(if you had an e-spyder) if it was mech the mag is a great steup up but your gonna want nitro if you can..it WILL work on co2, but you wont get the most and best performance out of it.

marctooshbro
05-11-2005, 08:44 PM
i mean in accuracy, weight and speed with classic valve also i have a victor 2
one more gas usage

Chronobreak
05-11-2005, 08:49 PM
speed will depend on you..ide say you got what 3-5 bps out of the spyder TOPS? ide expect 5-7 for most users maybe more as you leanr the trigger

weight is comparable, depending on what type of body you get ule/stainless

it is far more consistent and has less "kick" or recoil so in that respect it should be more accurate/consitent

if the spdyer was electro your not going to get electro speeds out of a mech..

ben-afficial
05-12-2005, 10:27 AM
uhm, chronobreak, why do so few people have faith in the spyder? on my oold spyder i could hit about 12 bps,spyders arent that slow...with a rocker trigger, i cant hit a bout 27bps, keep the faith :dance:

Chronobreak
05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
vid or shens

he didnt say what version he had "spyder" that could be any one of variations or the original.
i assumed it was a mech and ask if it was otherwise..

i would expect he hit a few higher than 3-5;)..ide sure hope so..

and as far as the rocking trigger....

tribalman
05-12-2005, 04:35 PM
.me looks at lvl10. (big circle)
.me looks at spyder (small circle)

it would require you to either make the valve smaller diamater wise or make the spyder body bigger. my main problem with this is, assuming you get it to work, what do you do with the second tube on the body. the lvl10 and xvalve have the air go directly into the valve. none of that mucking about in volumizers or 3 ways. also, you would have to either move a sear into the body more, or make a new sear that is really long to reach up to the on/off. if some1 does this, please show me how to do it. it would really get a confused look on people's faces.

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 09:51 PM
wut type of gun u got with that rocking trigger

*SPYDERS ROCK*

frop
06-09-2005, 10:58 PM
.me looks at lvl10. (big circle)
.me looks at spyder (small circle)

it would require you to either make the valve smaller diamater wise or make the spyder body bigger. my main problem with this is, assuming you get it to work, what do you do with the second tube on the body. the lvl10 and xvalve have the air go directly into the valve. none of that mucking about in volumizers or 3 ways. also, you would have to either move a sear into the body more, or make a new sear that is really long to reach up to the on/off. if some1 does this, please show me how to do it. it would really get a confused look on people's faces.

:tard: ?

ShadowNife
06-09-2005, 11:10 PM
i don't think tribalman read the thread hahaha and he's considering of basically converting a spyder into a mag. @_@

sisco87
06-09-2005, 11:13 PM
going from spyder to mag would be a vary good upgrade. Overall a mag would be way more reliable for you and more accurate. Speed wont be to much different with a stock mag. like chrono said u will probably get around 5-7bps maybe little more if you have good fingers and u know the trigger.
Oh and i always say theres no such thing as a stupid question...well most of the time :p

and ya tribalman u lost me to on that big circle small circle thing there

ultralight
06-10-2005, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=tribalman].me looks at lvl10. (big circle)
.me looks at spyder (small circle)QUOTE]

if i had a sig that would definitely be in there.

you will most likely be happy with the mag. the trigger pull is shorter and there is less kick.

peewee
06-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Easier maintenance, less prone to damage, more consistant & a rareness factor (at the moment). Nothing against the spyder but a mag is a much better built marker. Most AO'ers have been gun whores & have used dang near everything out there & for the most part we still have our mags.

tribalman
06-10-2005, 12:52 AM
wow. i mis-interpreted the mod. i thought people wanted to make a spyder off of a mag valve. not throw a spyder trigger on a mag body. to me that is the half-behind way outta a cool mod. i would love for some1 to find a way to run a mag valve in a spyder body.

warbeak2099
06-10-2005, 09:20 AM
You misinterpreted again. He wants to move from a spyder to a mag. He's not doing any mod!